Chapter 3

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Its been a while~

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

 

‘’Minju?’’

‘’Mhmm?’’

‘’Would you come visit me in Japan after I go back?’’

‘’Only if you promise to visit Korea once in a while.’’

‘’Do you think we’ll be distant once this is all over?’’

‘’No, I’ll cling onto you like a koala bear!’’ I launched at her with a bear-like hug, digging my face into her shoulder.

‘’Minju?’’ She asked again.

‘’Yes, unnie?’’

‘’I love you.’’

‘’I love you too.’’

‘’Promise you won’t forget me.’’

‘’I promise.’’

‘’Minju?’

‘’Hmm?’’

‘’Will you kiss me?’’

I pulled back to look at her properly, she had a bittersweet smile which I hated, like she was going to disappear, and I would never see her again. I took my time, reaching up to cup her face and leaned in, my gaze solely focused on her lips. I was just about to kiss her until-

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I groaned and smashed the home button on my phone for it to stop blaring annoying sounds. I tiredly opened my eyes, seeing rays of sunlight sneak past the curtains, splaying patterns all over the room.

‘It was just a dream.’ I thought.

I’ve been having dreams like that for the past month. Dreams where Sakura and I were dating, happily but would always end in unhappy ways. This time it was bittersweet. Last time it was parting ways at the airport. Subconsciously, I knew none of that was realistic but a part of me realised that if I didn’t do anything about my feelings, I would live in regret and it would plague my heart, weighing it down like it was now. She was a celebrity in Japan, she was going to be busy. It would be hard to meet up with her, yet alone date her unconventionally.

I rolled over to the side but was slightly shook when a piece of paper was crumpled under the side of my head. I unfolded it and read it. It was Sakura’s handwriting, always neat and precise.

Minguri,

Sorry I had to leave before you woke up, but we were all going to practice earlier so we could come home and spend more time with you

Don’t you dare leave this house; I won’t talk to you if you do

I made more soup, it’s in the kitchen

If you get bored, I left my Switch here with some games

Love,

Kkura *heart*

P.S

You drool a lot

At that last bit, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and sure enough there were traces of drool. I flushed in embarrassment because Sakura saw that part of me. My heart warmed at her words though, shes gotten better at writing in Korean, I could hear her voice reading it.

The day was mundane to say the least. Without the noisier members here, it was like living in a ghost house. Everyday was fun, sure we had our little squabbles, but we would always say sorry straight afterwards. But with everyone out the flat, I could finally lay back and enjoy what I do most.

Watch dramas.

Not just any drama though.

I got my tablet out from under one of my pillows and unlocked it, momentarily flashing my lock screen, Sakura reaching out towards the sky. She hadn’t seen it yet so I wonder what her reaction would be.

‘’Its time to watch it~’’

The drama I had wanted to watch was Crows Blood. It stared Sakura as the lead and also the antagonist. I had always been a fan of Sakura’s acting but I was always hesitant to watch this one because all the reviews said it was very scary, even for a standard drama. I was horrible at watching scary things and I was sure to attract attention if I watched it with the others so I decided I would only watch it if I was alone.

3 episodes in and I could feel the jealousy flare up inside me. I had totally forgotten about the scary aspect of this drama and purely focused on the interactions between Sakura- I mean, Maki and her targets. I forced myself to watch as she kissed all those girls. Every time I would wish it could’ve been me.

I bit my nails as one scene she was in the bathroom having a confrontation with Jurina and another girl I couldn’t recognise. I flinched when Sakura’s character launched into action, first injuring the girl by smashing her head on the mirror and then kissing her to gift her the zombie virus. She proceeded to do the same with Jurina, this time straddling her.

I bit my lip so hard, it bled, and I had to it off.

Jurina had kissed Sakura before I did. A lot of girls kissed Sakura before I did.

‘Its just acting.’ I reminded myself.

‘But why the heck would they make kissing the main way to transfer the virus?! Kissing!’ I muffled my scream with the pillow next to me and continued watching even though I would often spend most of my time whining.

I begrudgingly watched the rest of it, finishing it left me in a sour mood and I decided that now would be the best time to take Sakura up on that offer and play on her switch she had left out in the living room for me. It was sweet of her to leave it with me, for as long as I’ve known her, shes been attached to the device whenever she wasn’t busy. Sometimes, I wished I was the switch. Ridiculous, right?

I played the games she put out, most of them were easy to play, easy to win. Probably her way of low-key roasting me for not being better at gaming. Its not like I wasn’t trying to improve though, last week, I had begged and bribed Hyewon to teach me how to game properly and of course she didn’t take me seriously at first, but I had shown her the fire of determination in my eyes and whenever she could, she would sit me down in the dorm and explain how to play the games.

Hours past by like minutes after playing, I had to remind myself to eat or otherwise I would surely get a thorough scolding from the Unnie-line. I was in the middle of drinking the soup Sakura had left me on the couch, watching Goblin because she had been quoting every day, when the members came flooding into the dorm with sweat all over their faces. They all grinned and laughed when they saw me chugging the soup.

‘’Minguri!’’ Chaeyeon jumped onto the couch next to me, snatching the remote off me to pause the episode. ‘’Something funny happened earlier. The trainer said Sakura was getting cocky with the training and made her do extra sit ups while everyone ate, hehe.’’ Speak of the devil, Sakura slowly came through the front door, slightly bent over no doubt in pain.

‘’I hate you all.’’ She grumbled and tried standing up straight. I felt bad for her when she grunted loudly.

‘’Whatever, unnie, show Minju your washboard abs!’’ Yena demanded, she didn’t even wait for Sakura to respond when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter