Chapter 4

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Does Sakura know or is she just…. Being a flirt…

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

 

Comeback was around the corner and I was right about not having another chance to tell Sakura again. Ever since that night where I almost confessed, our schedules have been stacking on top of each other, and whenever we got home, Sakura usually crashed in her gaming room and I was too tired to even get out of bed sometimes.

Dance practice was gruelling, the dance routine was harder, and we often had to drop to our knees in formation and very quickly too. Every time I showered; I would see a new bruise added on top of the previous one from the day before. Of course, theres also good parts of the choreography too. In Spaceship, Sakura and I hug after our lines. It was a great excuse to get close to her and then have something to look back on without anyone getting suspicious. During practice I would purposefully fool around by hugging her too tightly or lifting her around and it would make my day when she would giggle and play along.

Everything was going great, all things considered.

Then one night, I had just come back from my visit with some family. My dorm was unusually full. Nako, Yuri and Yena were playing board games in the living room. Chaeyeon and Eunbi were talking in the kitchen. Hyewon and Hitomi were laughing really loudly in the bigger bedroom. And the rest I assumed were back in Sakura’s dorm.

I sighed and trudged over to my room, I was about to complain knock in case Yujin was busy but stopped when I heard her voice.

‘’Unnie! Why should I give up my beddddd!’’ She whined. She was giving up her bed. For who?

‘’Please, for unnie~ I’ll buy you whatever meal you want for dinner tonight!’’ Sakura’s voice surprised me. Why was she trying to swap with Yujin. ‘’Just for tonight! I promise I won’t get your bed dirty.’’

I could hear Yujin’s gears grinding inside her head and I was almost pressed completely against the door to hear what her answer would be. Of course, I wanted them to swap, even just for one night. It would mean I could get my opportunity again!

‘’I’m sorry unnie… I like sleeping in my bed too much…’’ I almost cried when I heard Yujin say no. Urgh! Maybe I could just go sleep with Sakura in her bed… but then again, she shares with 3 other people.

‘’No, its okay. I’ll just wait.’’ Sakura said. I heard the door handle move and I quickly dashed down the hallway as if I were never there.

She was gone when I got back to my room. Yujin asked why I was pouting, and I was a little mad at her for not saying yes but didn’t have the heart to call her out on it.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

Then it was the photoshoot.

Since we had three versions of the album, the directors wanted the photobooks to be completely different, but we only have a couple of days to shoot everything. The shoots started early in the morning and ran into the late night. I barely had time to even talk to Sakura because our sets were on opposite ends of the building. Occasionally we would pass each other in the hallways but she looked so serious, I held myself back from joking around with her. I wondered what happened with her.

I was done by the middle of the next day. I had the choice of going home and getting an early night or sticking around until the others were done. I wanted to stay because I knew I wanted to ask what had gotten Sakura in a mood. She wasn’t talking to anyone and barely ate throughout the day.

Why was she trying to sleep in Yujin’s bed that night?

She and Chaewon were the last to shoot their couple shot, everyone else were already home. I was jealous of course but tried not to show it. They looked beautiful together. Sakura was standing slightly behind Chaewon with her hand on her shoulder, her face stoic and cool. The cameras snapped and flashed; however, the directors thought the shot was too plain and wanted Chaewon to do something.

So, she reached up and touched her fingers with Sakura’s. They smiled at each other and I cast my eyes towards my shoes, the camera shutter going off drowned out my own thoughts.

‘’Thats a wrap!’’ The photographer said. They both thanked everyone for their hard work and made their way towards me. Chaewon patted my head and went to get her makeup and hair extensions removed.

‘’Unnie.’’ I called out. Sakura turned her attention away from taking off her earrings.

‘’Hmm?’’

‘’Are you okay?’’ I touched her arm in concern, she looked so tired.

She sighed and reached up to hold my hand. ‘’I’m fine, why are you still here? I thought you needed to get up early tomorrow?’’

I shrugged and swung our arms between us, just enjoying the physical contact. ‘’I didn’t get to see you much lately, so I wanted to wait for you.’’

She smirked and flicked my forehead. ‘’I wanted to have a private sleepover with you but Yujin wouldn’t let me use her bed. Sorry.’’

‘’Shes a kid, maybe we can just go on a date somewhere.’’ I didn’t even catch on to what I said until I caught her raising her eyebrows. ‘’Oh- I mean, not like a date but like hang out- like, with friends, we can invite people or-‘’

‘’A date is good.’’ She said.

I blushed and my hands started to get clammy. ‘’Oh- a d-d-date?’’

Her lips quirked up in amusement and she was about to say something else when Chaewon came back in her normal everyday clothes.

‘’Kkura unnie, stylists are calling for you!’’

‘’Coming!’’ Sakura responded, she let my hand go and rushed off to the dressing room.

Chaewon took her place and handed me some snacks she found on the way. ‘’Did we look good together? I was so afraid to couple up with her, she looks like a goddess compared to me.’’ Shes not wrong, Sakura is a goddess but Chaewon was still pretty.

‘’No, don’t put yourself down like that, you’re beautiful too!’’

‘’Thank you, Minju-ah. Shes seriously gorgeous though, she comes out so nicely in photos. Why are you still here, everyone else went home already.’’

‘’I….’’ I trailed off and raked by brain for any excuses that didn’t relate to Sakura. ‘’I was bored.’’

‘’Again? You’re bored a lot nowadays, maybe you should pick up a hobby.’’ She said.

‘’No, no. I’m fine.’’ I insisted. I couldn’t tell her that I only stayed behind to be with my crush like some pre-schooler, that would be embarrassing. Who knows what she would say to that?

We sat in the corner by the front entrance waiting for Sakura to be done while we play on our phones. I secretly looked up some places where I could take Sakura where she hasn’t been yet. Maybe the countryside where its less likely to run into fans or maybe even just a pc café. Gaming sounds nice but I actually want to talk to her on this ‘date’. Just thinking about the word date made me tingle inside, I’m sure she only said it because its something the other members always said whenever they went out with each other.

I should let her choose; all I want is to spend time with her.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

The weekend came and everyone in my dorm wondered why I dressed up so nicely, Hyewon of course figured it out quickly and flashed me a subtle thumbs up and went back into her room to finish her nap. The others all pestered me, asking why I was wearing my ‘favourite dress’ and why I was wearing my nice earrings. Sakura once told me she had a thing for pretty looking earrings, she even recently got some herself.

‘’Unnie, honestly, just tell me. Are you going out to meet a guy?’’ Yujin asked. She blocked my way to the front door, and I rolled my eyes at the dramatic approach.

‘’Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.’’ I responded vaguely. I can’t just tell them I’m going out with Sakura, otherwise they’ll ask me why I’m so dressed up for a ‘friend’ date. Maybe they’ll even come along, Sakura rarely goes out, everyone had been wanting to go out with her. I’m so desperate now, I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter