Chapter 1

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When did I fall?

To be more precise, when did I fall for her?

Maybe it was when I looked her up on the internet months before the competition started. Maybe it was when she first came onto the massive stage with that gorgeous beret look. Maybe it was when she chose me to be in her Avengers team. Or maybe it was when we were picked to be in the same global girl group and when she gave out that heart-warming speech to Chaeyeon.

Or maybe it was all of those times and I’ve just been falling harder and harder.

But she had no idea. No one did.

I kept it to myself, a secret I couldn’t let out because we were a girl group and this stuff is taboo. It was already nice enough that I was able to become so close to her, yet alone be a fellow group member. It made me so happy.

As time went by, I taught myself how to ignore those feelings. Especially when she would hug me or when she would compliment me, time and time again. Of course, I had wanted to squeal and jump up and down every time it happened, but I couldn’t. Not with others around.

I just had to keep bottling these feelings, the urge to confess until the contract was over…. maybe then, I could say what I had wanted to say to her all this time. But for now, I was Kim Minju, her group member and friend.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

‘’Kim Minju! Are you daydreaming again? I told you to take over these fruits to the other dorm.’’

I was startled and fell onto the ground from my position on the couch, Eunbi looked at me amusedly and handed me a basket of delicious looking fruits. ‘’Sorry unnie, I just had a lot on my mind…’’ I took the basket and looked for my shoes to slip on.

‘’Why? Is there something wrong? I’m always here, you know?’’ She followed me to the door, holding out a hand to stop me from leaving.

‘’No, its fine, its nothing serious… Just some random thoughts.’’ I smiled reassuringly and made my way to the other dorm. I wonder who was there at this time, it was our day off and people liked to make the most of it and visit their families or go out to eat.

I entered the passcode and pushed open the door, as expected of Lee Chaeyeon, the dorm was much cleaner than ours. It was quiet though, like it was empty but the faint sound of something in one of the bedrooms gave it away.

‘’Jjaeyeon! Is that you?! I want yukhoe for lunch! Can I have the phone?!’’

Ah, so Sakura was in the dorm alone.

‘’Sorry unnie, its me Minju!’’

The door opened and Sakura was wearing her favourite Gryffindor pyjamas and her hair was messy, poking out everywhere. ‘’Oh, Minju you came! Whats that?’’

‘’Some fruits Eunbi unnie told me to bring over, wheres everyone else?’’ I set the basket on the dining table and looked around half-heartedly for anyone else to pop out. Part of me was hoping that it would just be the two of us.

‘’They went out to buy groceries, Wonyoung and Yuri are visiting their families.’’ She scratched her head, making it even messier.

‘’Unnie! Stop, you gotta take care of your hair.’’ I grabbed her shoulders and sat her down on a chair, grabbing a nearby hairbrush and started untangling her ashy locks. ‘’Why didn’t you go with them?’’

‘’I was editing my Youtube video… Why aren’t you out? Don’t you want to go see your family?’’ She leaned her head back against my stomach and looked at me upside down with those big doey eyes. If she didn’t stop, I would have a very hard time trying not to stare. So, I broke eye contact by pushing gently on her head to continue brushing.

‘’I did but my family are busy today and couldn’t take a day off.’’ I said. I patted her head to let her know I was done, and she looked as adorable as she did with bed hair. ‘’Want to do something while we wait for them to come back?’’

She thought with her hand to her chin and clicked her fingers when she came up with an idea. ‘’Lets watch a movie! I’ve been wanting to watch a movie, but we never have time. Come on, lets go to my bed!’’ I blushed when she said bed, but I couldn’t argue when she was practically dragging me there. Compared to the other 3 beds, Sakura had her section organised, her expensive laptop on the bed with the editing software still opened.

We sat with our legs outstretched and our backs to the headboard as she browsed through potential movies she would like to watch. Meanwhile, I was focusing more on the fact that our sides were flush together and I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter