Happy Toes

Every Part for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A gentle knock followed by a soft, low-toned “unnie” grabbed Eunha’s attention from her iPad which she had been torturing for the past hour thanks to her level not going any higher since she logged in.

                “Come in.” she called out after composing herself a little which means massaging her knitted brows a bit and putting on a calm façade. Not long after her words escaped , Sinb’s head popped by the door before gingerly getting in.

                “Can I turn off the lights, unnie? I just wanna show you something.”

                “Shouldn’t they stay on if you wanna SHOW me something?” Eunha was sure to emphasize the word ‘show’ as she tilt her head in confusion.

                “But it’ll just show without light. Promise, it’s not some kind of prank.” Sinb whined a little as she raised a hand to swear the truth in her words.

                “Didn’t say anything ‘bout a prank though,” the older responded with a shrug.

                “But you might think it is.”

                “It better be something interesting Hwang Eunbi.”

                Taking the older girl’s words as a ‘yes’, Sinb responded “It is!” as she turned the lights off and rushed to the other’s bed and slipped through her sheets lying down.

                “Yaaah,” annoyance could be heard of Eunha as she felt pranked but then had her attention grabbed when her eyes caught something glowing by the foot of her bed and a giggle that escaped Sinb’s mouth.

                “*Mwoyaah!” she giggled, checking the source of the glow and finding it is the younger girl’s big toes.

                “Interesting, isn’t it?” Sinb proudly beamed hearing the elder’s laughter.

                “Mwoyah!” Eunha can’t stop cackling at the silliness of the younger girl, tears are streaming from her eyes.

                “Want some on yours, too, unnie?”

 

***

                “I thought Yewon’s coming back today.”

                “She went straight to her parents’ house. Said she’ll be back by dinner tomorrow.”

                “Oh.”

                The two became quiet again as they played with their toes wiggling them in the dark leaving an illusion of dancing lights.

                “Can I sleep here, unnie?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter