Comfort Ears

Every Part for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon rapidly wiped the tears that are incessantly flowing out of her dam as she tried to swipe her phone screen, tapping that green button. Umji is calling her and so, she tried to compose herself.

"Yewon-ah," she softly greeted the maknae from the other line.

"Unnie, I called to tell that I'm staying by my parents' house tonight. My oppa and unnie have been here since yesterday and it's been long since we gathered together, so yeah." the maknae explained with excitement all over her voice.

"Such a cutie", Sowon thought before answering. "Okay maknae-yah, I was actually beginning to wonder when you'll arrive. I'm glad you called. Are you there already?"

"Oh, I'm sorry unnie. I guess, Eunbi isn't home? I told her the moment I got here. And yes unnie, I'm home already."

 

​​​​​​"It's alright Yewon-ah, and Eunbi hadn't mentioned anything, ahhmmm, guess she thought I knew already." Sowon said with a light chuckle and a huff that she didn't realize she had let go. "Well, enjoy your time there Yewon and send my regards to everyone."  

 

"Is everything alright unnie?" Umji was quick to register that huff that Sowon had and the sudden change in the leader's tone.

 

"Yes?" Sowon chuckled a little to mask the emotions that she'd been trying to suppress since  the call started. "Why willt something not be, Yewon?" she added.

 

"Ahm, yeah right." Though still not convinced, Umji chose to believe her leader or more likely, acted like she believed her. Their leader is quite  stubborn anyways. Maybe a little bit more time is all she needs. 

"Anyways unnie, I have to say bye now. My brother has been nagging us for a movie night. Good night unnie. Seeyah!" She said quickly hearing her brother calling out for her for the third time now. She also made a mental note to call their leader later as she's more than sure that the older girl is going through something.

 

                                   ***

 "I know you're still up, unnie," Umji greeted her leader as soon as the latter answered her call.

"Hey,"Sowon replied softly trying to level her somewhat hoarse voice. "What's up, Yewonnie?" she then asked , curious as to why the maknae called at 1am.  

"Ahm, because I miss you?" Umji replied with a cheeky grin though her unnie can't see her. Her words though caused Sowon to let out some giggles.

"Yahh! What did you eat? What's with the sudden missing me?"

"Eh, don't you miss your maknae? Hmmp, I'll tell Eunha unnie about this." Umji pretended to sulk.

"..."

"Unnie? Are you still there?" 

 

                                  ***

Hearing Eunha's name, Sowon was once again, reminded of why she is having this heaviness inside her that even crying out for hours hadn't helped lessen her load. Usually, when she's having a hard time, it's the short girl that she goes to and talk with. But tonight is different because they might have caused each other's pain. She's just glad that Sinb was there for the other girl.

"Unnie, you're still there, right?"

"Did she fall asleep?"

Umji's voice pulled Sowon out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter