Wrong Liking

Love Is Ouch

 

[Park Bom]

“You’re doing great, Bommie! But for the second verse, sing in a whisper, not out loud.”

With determined eyes, the fiery redhead nods. “Let’s start from the beginning, Teddy.”

Her best friend nods and plays the track, paying attention closely. He wants his first self-written and composed song to be perfect for Bom. He wants his best friend to be known all around the world, not just underground. Teddy pounds his head to the beat, analyzing. Nailing the second verse, Teddy starts clapping as Bom continues to sing the song. She smiles a childish smile. But before she could reach the , Teddy unexpectedly stops the track. She quickly takes off the headphones and rushes out the booth.

“Hey, what the hell—“

She stops short. Like a total loser, she lets out a gasp as a man smiles at her. Abruptly, she lets out a growl. The man with light brown tousled hair chuckles at the girl’s expression. “I see you’re still speechless at my looks, huh?” He teases. He pats Teddy on the shoulder before plopping down on the couch.

Bom rolls her eyes. “I see you’re still teasing me, Jaejoong.”

He unleashes his smile once more, making Bom’s heart hammer against her chest. She quietly clears and looks away, not wanting to melt at the sight of the beautiful man. “Well, how could I not when you’re giving me so much material to make fun of?” Jaejoong laughs.

“Aish!” Bom exclaims, but smiles anyway. “Did you really have to recruit him, Teddy? He’s such a pain in the and he’s only been here for two weeks!”

“Whatever, Bommie. You love it when he pays attention to you.” Teddy monotonously replies, too focused on the computer.

Jaejoong meets her eyes and stands up, smiling a smug smile. Bom exaggerates as she rubs her neck like a grandmother. “Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo…” She groans, winking at Jaejoong playfully.

He laughs, taking her hand gently. The singer blushes as red as her hair. She looks down at her feet. “Hyung, do you mind if I bring Bom out for a bit? She’s been holed up in the studio the whole day.” Jaejoong asks, making the girl bite her lip from grinning.

“Yeah, go ahead. She needs fresh air.” Teddy absentmindedly says, waving them off.

He flashes Bom a smile before they head out. The chubby red haired beauty looks down at their entwined hands, loving how they fit so perfectly. He suddenly comes to a halt, making her stop as well. She looks up at him, only to find that he’s intensely staring right back at her. She feels her cheeks heat up and her heart pound. “Is… there something wrong, Jae?” She hesitantly asks.

Instead of an answer, she finds him leaning in closer. Bom freezes, feeling time slow down. Oh my god, is this really happening? She thinks, her adrenaline pumping. In an agonizing pace, she finally feels his lips touch hers. And she swears that at that exact moment, fireworks exploded in her heart. Pulling away earlier than she liked, Jaejoong pulls her into a hug.

He whispers in her ear, “How about we go to my room?”

In a daze, Bom smiles and nods, still fazed about the sudden kiss. She couldn’t believe what was happening right now. She had the biggest crush on Jaejoong. From the day Teddy introduced them as co-workers, she was smitten. She fell for the looks and the personality. Apparently, Jaejoong was very social with her from the start. He was able to charm Bom in an instant with only a few simple words. After a week, they were already messaging each other every second of the day, whether it was flirting or simply conversing about the weather.

He never failed to compliment her looks or her singing. He always gave her hope that something special would happen between them and today seems like the day. Bom quickens her pace as she tries to catch up with Jaejoong’s speed. In a matter of minutes, she finds herself sitting on his bed with him already kissing her lips. Almost hesitantly, he parts once more. “I’ll be right back, okay? Wait for me.” He whispers in her ear.

“Always.” Bom whispers back, feeling lightheaded. In a few seconds, Jaejoong rushes to the bathroom, leaving a certain red head in a trance.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

She blinks, looking around the room as if she’s snapped out of a haze. Her eyes land on his phone on the bedside table. She glances at the closed bathroom door and back at the noisy phone. She bites her lip and peeks at the caller ID. “Girlfriend number three.” She covers to stifle a gasp. Hearing the door unlock from the bathroom, she quickly lies back down on the bed and pretends to be in her previous state.            

Jaejoong smiles a sweet smile at her. Bom responds back with a smile, grimacing as his eyes focus on his phone. “When are you coming back?” She whines, pretending. Jaejoong swipes his phone, glancing at it. He looks back up at Bom. She plays with her fingers nervously, hoping he didn’t find out that she knows. He suddenly looks like a monster than an angel to the red-haired beauty.

He walks toward her and she holds her breath. He slowly places a kiss on her forehead. “I’ll be back soon, love. I just need to take this call.” He talks against her neck seductively. She shudders, unable to keep in the disgust anymore. He smiles, misunderstanding her actions. He quickly goes back in the bathroom and answers the call with a low and husky, “Hello, baby.”

Shaking, Bom jumps out of his bed silently. She stumbles on the way out of his room, hoping he doesn’t hear her leave. She dashes through the hallways, her sobs echoing throughout the whole place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, by now, I'm pretty sure you guys know that I seriously at updating -_- This was supposed to be finished by Valentine's Day, for God's sake! Bleh. I was actually thinking of deleting this story and posting it back up for next year's Valentine's Day, but since I do have some readers that commented and read it I might as well finish it up! 

Thank you so much for subscribing on this and commenting! I'm sorry if you felt like I gave up on this. Never fear! I never give up on my stories, no matter what! Thanks again, guys. Epilogue will be coming up soon. This I can promise you[: