Chapter Five (Sakura, Chaekurra): Family Ties

Off The Record
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              
        
 

Sakura


The house was a complete mess. 

It had been like this since everyone woke up, darting around, packing and getting ready for our trip this weekend.

I woke up a bit earlier than usual, I couldn’t really sleep well, I’m not sure why. But on the brightside it meant I was able to get all my stuff ready before rush-hour hit.

Everyone was scrambling and still getting their things ready, so I went out to the living room in an attempt to give them more space.

There were lots of pillows set up and strewn about on the couch, presumably from the movie night a few of the members had last night, so it was still a bit messy. So I picked a random spot and plopped down.

As soon as I did there was a “Gah!” sound beneath me, startling me and causing me to immediately jump back up in horror.

What was that?!?

When I turned around I realized it was Nako, she had been curled up in a ball on the couch and I couldn’t even tell her apart from the pillows.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I said reaching out to her.

“Ah, it’s okay haha, I shouldn’t have been sleeping here” She says sitting up straight.

“Have you finished packing already?” I ask, worried she might be having a hard time with all the people clogging up the rooms.

“Yeah, luckily I did it last night, I figured I’d end up having to help Hii-chan with hers, but it looks like she’s okay” Nako said rubbing her eyes.

That’s right, when we drew our partners, Nako and Hitomi got paired. (If I remember correctly it’s Me and Chaeyeon, Nako/Hitomi,, Yuri/Yena, Wonyoung/Eunbi, Yujin/Hyewon and Chaewon/Minju.)

When Nako mentioned her name, Hitomi then appeared, as if she could sense her name was said.

“Gosh, it’s so chaotic in there!” Hitomi said with an annoyed tone that was hard to take seriously with her cute twin-tails right above her.

She brought her bags over to the door and dropped them next to mine.

“Phew, at least I’m done now though” She said walking back to us and sitting down on the couch.

“Do you guys have any idea what we’re doing on the first mission?” I ask, taking a bite out of my granola bar.

“I think manager said it’s at an amusement park, but they wouldn’t say anything more” Nako said as she stood up and stretched.

“An amusement park? Like an actual one? That sounds like it’s going to be gigantic! Isn’t it going to be harder for you two?” I say concerned.

“I think it’ll be fine, Nako-chan’s really good with Korean” Hitomi said seeming confident.

Nako responds with a smile and a “hehe”.

As I finish eating, our manager comes over to us and tells us we can bring our stuff out.

“Girls, if you’re already set to go, you can feel free to get on the bus and get situated”

Yeah, I probably should before the mob all shows up and it becomes a lot more packed, plus I’ll get to pick my seat. Well...our seats.

The other two don’t seem as enthused about getting up again though as they remain laying on the couch and say to me they’ll be down in a little bit.

As I head over to my bags it occurs to me that I haven’t seen Chaeyeon though, I wonder if she’s struggling, she might need my help. I should go and ask her.

I end up going back into the rooms looking for her, but she isn’t in her own. I ask around to see if anyone knows where she is and I got told to check the other rooms, she may be helping people get ready.

Unsurprisingly they were right, as when I check the other room I see her helping a few girls decide what to take and doing their packing for them.

“Do you need my help?” I ask from the doorway.

She looks up and smiles at me “No it’s okay, I’m just trying to help them finish up, you should get your stuff onto the bus and pick good seats for us” She finishes her statement with a wink.

I chuckle, “Ah okay”.

I’m really excited for this upcoming season, I heard there are a lot of fun plans and starting off with an amusement park has gotten my hopes up even higher!

Grabbing my bags, I realize they don’t feel very heavy...I wonder if I should have packed more...

Well it’s only for a weekend, it really shouldn’t require too much. I debate this with myself as I head down the stairs towards the bus.

When I get up to it, I can tell it looks pretty nice inside, which I’m really thankful for as I think we’ll be spending a fair amount of time in there. As I put my bags away I notice a handful of other girls have also gotten down here and are ready to go.

Stepping on the bus I look around in amazement.

It’s well furnished and the seats look really comfortable. We’re supposed to sit next to our partner, but I can’t exactly turn back and go ask Chaeyeon which spot she would prefer as the others right behind me are eager to get on. So I end up picking a spot near the back on the left side of the aisle.

Luckily I brought my Switch with me so I can have some stuff to play and an iPad as well. I wait for a few minutes as I see a few other girls on, I’m not entirely sure when were supposed to be leaving but I’d have to imagine it’s fairly soon, so I think some of the girls must be running behind schedule.

Wonyoung and Eunbi sit down right behind me in the last row and I turn around putting my knees on the seat to talk to them.

“Did you guys see Chaeyeon?” I ask with my chin on the top

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter