002

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jagiya?", I called out for Sehun.

We were already in bed, waiting for the time our eyes getting heavier.

"Hmm?", he answered.

"Be honest to me? Is there something that you actually hide from me?", I asked while I turned my body to face him.

I did not know why but as I was wating for his answer, my mind went wild. My heart was thumping so hard that I supposed it could be heard between our soft breaths. What answers should I expected from him? What if I receive some bad news that will destroy us in the future? Or what if-

"You pabo Yoong, stop with the what ifs in your head. I knew you were thinking of something bad, don't you? Hey, baby, why are you suddenly doubts my feelings towards you? Did I lack of something? Am I not good enough?", Sehun eyes shone through the dark room. His eyes were the brightest light in my life and it was the biggest reason why I fell for him at the first place. His eyes say everything.

"Nope, never once I'm in doubts. But the way people around me reacted to you was somehow made me uneasy. Like you did something awful to me. Hun, do you have another girl beside me...?", I looked right into his eyes. 

"Hey, hey, shh. What are you saying, Im Yoona? Why would I do such thing to you? Geez, what did those people do to make you thing about your own husband like this?", and he was getting a little bit furious. Annoyed by the accusations given. I did not dare anymore to continue the conversation so I chose to only nod, turned my back and plainly said, "I believe you. Forever."

I could not hold my tears, so my cheeks were wet. Perhaps Sehun could hear to my sobbing, until he suddenly broke the silence.

"Yoong? Stop crying, baby. I don't like to see you cry. I know I am not a perfect husband, but what makes you think I keep a girl behind you? I was hurt as well, receiving such assumptions. From my own wife even more. You know, I promise you to be with you till my last breath. Ride or die with you, honey."

That was the last thing I've heard until my eyes were getting heavier and closing without any warns.

 

--

"Good morning, sunshine! Can you go to school with Daddy today? Mommy has a meeting this morning.", I greeted Sejeong as she was digging in her breakfast. 

"With Daddy? Sure. Will Daddy pick me up from school as well?", Sejeong asked.

"Hmm, yup. Why?"

"Ahh, I just want to make sure that Daddy did not forget to fetch me.", and Sejeong continued to eat her breakfast.

Did Sehun already said something to Sejeong? Because she was talking about Sehun just like before. 

I kissed Sejeong before I went to the office and received Sejeong's "Take care, Mommy."

---

"Im Yoona!", I heard a familiar voice calling out for my name. As I turned around, it was him.

"Oppa! What are you doing here?", I asked as I was queuing to buy the drinks. 

"To meet you.", and he gave me that cheeky smile of his.

Tsk tsk tsk. Jiyong oppa has always been playing with words like that. He's a sweet kind older brother who will make sure that he's there for his sisters through thick and thin. I treasure Jiyong oppa a lot and he's the most trustable man in this world, I can say. When there's Jiyong oppa, there's always a place called home.

We had a small talks for awhile as it has been a long time since the last time we've spent our time together. I'm busy handling my marriage, got to serve Sehun and Sejeong as a wife and mother, and being a woman with career is not that easy. Jiyong oppa too, is very busy with his work as one of the top businessman in South Korea so both of us had a limited time to have a meet up.

Jiyong oppa was the one who convinced me to have a relationship with Sehun. All guys who tried to approach me, Jiyong oppa would stalk over them and told me which guy I should date. Later that day, I knew Sehun and told how I admired him a lot back then. I shared with him everything about Sehun and somehow Jiyong oopa would like him to be his brother-in-law. I could not be any happier, knowing that finally I ended up with someone Jiyong oppa like.

"When are we going to have a dinner together as a family?", Jiyong oppa asked.

"Hmm. Anytime. It is just that Sehun is getting busier nowadays. You know that he went to business trips a lot right?"

"So how's your night? You can sleep?"

This is the unique thing about a Kwon Jiyong. He knows everything beneath. His concern will show how much he actually care for those he loves. This side of him proves him that he is such a lovable and caring guy, but there is always one thing I wonder about him. When is it he's going to have a marriage life?

"Hmm, kind of. I have to get used to it. But I'm glad I have Sejeong because most of the time she will sleep with me. It feels much better."

Eventhough Sejeong is just a little girl but she knows thing very well for kids in her age. She does not have any other siblings so Sehun and I can focus our attention towards her and her growth. At this moment, she grows as a kind girl and very thoughtful of people around. She helps me to go through the struggle of insomnia by accompanying me every night, even when Sehun is there. She is such an angel!

"Thank God. Geez, Im Yoona. Grow up and be strong. What if you-"

"Lost Sehun later? Is it what youre going to say, oppa? Tsk.", I cut his words and his expression showed that he was rather shocked.

"I did not mean to hurt you but you never know things.", Jiyong oppa tried to fix the cold situation.

"I know right. But the most weird thing is both Yul and you suddenly attacked me with such questions, like trying to make Sehun disappeared from my life or what."

Jiyong oppa silenced himself. I was feeling guilty for throwing harsh words, but that was the truth. I hate it when people reminds me on how to live without Sehun. He is my one and only husband, so why would I think about bad things? It is as if Sehun is not their liking anymore. They do not adore him as a brother like in the past. They are trying their best to not make it too obvious but do I look like a stupid girl who could not sense things around?

"Did Sehun cheated on me, oppa? What is his fault, oppa?", I asked, trying to know the truth.

Jiyong oppa flinched as he heard the question and he started to shake his head, denying the replied.

"Yoong, listen. Me or even Yul, we do not want to bring any harm to you. We are your family, and true family do not do that. Stop being so suspicious and think us as the bad persons. You are the one now who is overthinking about negative things. I am your brother, and I will always make sure you are in someone's safe hands. You forget about that?"

 

--

 

/flashback/

Author's POV

Yoona was crying her heart out as she found out that her beloved boyfriend cheated on her. What was her fault? What did she lack of? Why? Is she not good enough? She locked herself in her room for almost one day until she skipped schools. The Kwons have been trying to settle things up but they decided to give her some time alone. Yuri was doing her homework, as Jiyong came with a worried face. Yuri could figure out what that expression for.

"Yul, help-"

"Give her some time, oppa. She needs time. Do not pressure her.", Yuri continued doing her homework, did not even give the guy a glance.

"But, she hates being alone, you forget that? Being alone was none of her favor. Moreover, that is the last thing she ever seek for!"

Yuri stopped writing as Jiyong started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter