001

When Night Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was greeted by the ray of sun that lighted up the entire room. Yoona woke up in annoyance as it was too bright and it was her fault who forgot to adjust the curtain last night. She looked at the person beside her, surprised. She touched the guy's face, to find out whether she was just dreaming or it was really him.

The guy flinched by her touch and woke up.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?", he asked.

"Is this really you? Is it?", Yoona kept touching the guy's eyes, nose and lips.

"Hey, enough. Yes, it is me, baby. What is wrong with you...?"

Yoona became silence. She was sad by her husband's action and words. Did she just annoyed him until he had the guts to say so.

"Hey hey hey. Look, my pretty wife is sulking? Baby, sorry. I did not mean to hurt you but I was just kind of weird by your actions just now.", he tried to pacify her.

"You have no idea just how much I miss you.", Yoona replied while keeping her head down. 

Just then Yoona felt like someone was tugging the edge of her sleeping gown. 

"Aww, my honey Sejeong.", Yoona smiled.

"Mommy? Who did you talked with?", Sejeong who was in the middle of the bed, curiously asked her mother which was on her left.

"Look at your right, honey."

Sejeong turned to her right.

"It's Daddy!!!", Yoona shouted and ruffled Sejeong's hair. Sejeong smiled upon seeing her mother's behaviour.

"You missed Daddy a lot, don't you?", Sejeong then hugged Yoona.

"Stop acting like a child, baby. You made Sejeong shocked.", the guy interrupted.

"Of course, sweetie! Now, go take a bath with Daddy. I want to make breakfast."

Yoona then walked towards downstairs and leaved the love of her life in the bedroom. She was so excited as it has been a week since the last time she met her husband. She missed him like crazy and she was happy, thinking about how she did not have to sleep alone again. 

 

---

 

"Yuri, guess what? Sehun is back!"

Kwon Yuri. Yoona's eternal bestfriend. Yoona and Yuri met as a childhood friend, along with Yuri's older brother, Kwon Jiyong. They are so close that they even share almost everything about each others' life. Yoona loves Yuri like her own sister and Yuri matters in her life. From playing together at the playground, until they grew up to be a wise women, Yoona has put her faith truly on Yuri because she knew she could count on her.

But little did Yoona know, that there is a hidden secret that Yuri kept by herself.

Yoona and Yuri then had a little chat like thay always do, talking about their latest stories. Yoona told Yuri that she planned to go for a trip together with Sehun to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Yoona is the woman every men in the world would look up to. She had it all - good manners, intelligence, beauty and she is someone who is always be there for those she loves. She would do anything she is capable to in order to make her loved ones happy. Yuri could see it, through her big, doe eyes that she was head over heels with her husband - Oh Sehun. 

"You know what, Yoong?"

"Hmm? What?"

"I cannot imagine your life without Sehun. I mean - you are so in love with him, girl."

Yoona let out a chuckle, nod and then her face turn into a serious expression. What would she do without him? She would go through loneliness night everyday of he life and that is the last thing that she would ever want.

Does she really wonders? No, because now she already knows.

 

---

 

"Sejeong-ah. Can you please call Daddy to eat dinner with us?", Yoona asked Sejeong while she served the dishes.

"Daddy? Mommy, but..."

"Why? Is Daddy taking a shower?"

"Hmm, maybe. It's okay, let me take a look."

Sejeong came downstairs after some minutes. She told Yoona that Sehun will be coming down in a moment. Then, they had their dinner together. Yoona was laughing out loud listening to Sehun's jokes but she could sense that there was something that bothered Sejeong. Sejeong was only playing with her food, and anxiety was written all over her face. 

"Honey, please do not play with your food. Is there something wrong?", Yoona asked as she concerned about her daughter's condition.

"No, Mommy. I am full already and sleepy."

"Oh, if it is like that then go wash your plate and sleep. You have to wake up early tomorrow for school."

"Alright, Mommy."

Sejeong then washed her plate and went upstairs afterwards. There was a dull moment between Yoona and Sehun but Yoona decided to break the silence.

"Jagiya? Do you have any free time for this weekend?"

"Hmm, this weekend? Let's see...maybe a dinner with my business partner from Tokyo. In Jeju."

"W-what? In Jeju? And you are going to leave me? Again?"

"Yoong? Hey, baby. I am sorry but this one is a very important meet-up." Sehun said while holding Yoona's hands.

"And I cannot count just how many you've already said "this one is a very important one". You basically say that for everything."

"Baby? Listen here, okay, for the next weekend, I will make sure to agree with your plan. I swear, I will, Yoong. Please?"

"Hmm. okay.", Yoon agreed.

Yoona thought that Sehun didnt even remember that the next day was their wedding anniversary...

"Let's sleep and have a cuddle.", Sehun winked. Yoona hated it on how easy she was on him, and she shove a spoon of food inside his mouth.

In the midnight, Yoona went to the kitchen to drink some water as she got thirsty before she went to sleep. As she walked, she saw the lamp was and someone was in the kitchen. She saw Sejeong was wiping out the floor.

"Honey? What are you doing? Why are you wiping out the floor? At this time some more."

"Oh Mommy, I thought you were asleep. No, I spilled the milk just now so I'm cleaning this up."

"Oh..but what's with the rice? You ate dinner again?"

"H-hm? Yup. Hehe sorry Mommy. I was hungry."

"It's okay, Sejeong. Now go to sleep. Let Mommy continue with the rest. Goodnight, baby."

 

 

---

Yoona's POV

Oh oh oh, today is an unlucky day. I was so rushing to go to work this morning and forgot to bring my charger. When I planned to just borrow it from any of my officemates, some of them own a different model and a few of them were actually using it!

An email popped out

 

From: [email protected]

Dear wifey,

You forgot to bring your charger, don't you? I messaged you a lot but received no replies from you so I assume you got zero%! Baby, let's go to our favourite mall after you've done with your work. I've got a surprise from you. Have a nice day. xoxo

Hubby.

 

 I squealed over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter