Genesis

Exordia: Tale of the Nine Gods

G E N E S I S

By now you might have noticed that I like using fancy words.

Anyway, let's get to the Beginning, the Dawn of Creation, the Birth of the World, and all other titles to the same effect that deserves capital letters because it's an important day. See that I won't bother telling you about the birth of the Tree itself. Why, because I haven't the slightest idea how it was there. Like, who plants the seed? Where did the seed even come from? Is there a market for that? Who in the world would water it? How long did it take to grow? Does it have fruits?

I don't know.

But I know that the lone Tree was dying. My assumption was that the farmer was the universe itself and one day it just decided to ditch the Tree. The Tree, though, must not wither. Life had not yet been born. The Tree is waiting and waiting for the day that Life emerge. It is the Tree of Life, after all. But it grew too old. It couldn't hold the vast magic anymore. And so, it died. Little that it knew, its death was the mark of Life.

When the Tree died, it didn't just die. There was a big explosion. Its magic rebelling to get the hell out of that Tree because it simply chose not to die with its host. The explosion built the earth as we know now. The reliefs, mountains, sea, everything you now see around you (except man made items, of course, especially the greatest invention of mankind, the Wifi), was created because of the impact of the explosion.

The explosion was so big that its bits flew into nine different places. Well, technically it was eight places because Kai was like everywhere, but let's just say it's nine so it's more understandable (nine places = nine brothers, you get me?). We don't really understand the order because time was not invented yet and we were cluttered like across the earth (and even realms) so the time difference would be a pain to think about. (Suho probably know this but I'm not about to get a three hour in-depth history lesson just to tell you guys how we really decided the order).

Anyway.

The first place is the Frostrealm. Not a big fan, personally. You can tell by its name that it's freaking cold and they don't serve hot chocolates for compensation. The magic had learnt its lesson and decided not to manifest into another Tree--it became a man. There was born the first child of the Tree, the god of the Frostrealm (I know, not very creative), Minseok. You'd think he'd be a cold guy but he really is a chill god (you see that pun over there? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ).

Whatever you might think the Frostrealm is, is wrong. It is not the place for your family trip or for the frost giants (they have that in other myth, right?). Frostrealm is the realm of punishment. You get there when you die, basiclally. So, as chill as Minseok is, he still thinks about how to punish humans all the time. (I like to give him damnation ideas to keep things interesting, but he almost always refuse). He is also a super clean guy so the Frostrealm itself is in Order. Most of the dead that got there isn't like super bad or anything. They're mostly good people and maybe sometimes he'd get people with minor offenses. We'll get to the Chaotic hell later on, please anticipate it.

The second place is the waterbody. Yeah, I know, it's everywhere. But Suho mostly hang around the seas and oceans, hence his title: the god of seas and oceans. And somehow he is also the Guardian of the Tree. I can't explain why he's our Guardian (we're basically a puzzle that forms the Tree, you know), but we just naturally follow him. He just have that thing. But Guardian or not, we still like to make fun of him (I have mastered the art of knowing the time when to annoy him and when to listen, learned it the hard way). Just like the water, he could be calm and reserved. But just like the typhoon, he could also be deadly. He's actually the one who created the first humans: Exo and Eri. At least his blood did. Again, please anticipate the story of how his blood created the mankind in future chapters!

Next.

The third place is the place I like to visit the most. It's called the vast Island of Yang. Everything there is great if you're into grandmother-home-vibe style, which I am. Surrounded by serenity, there was born the god of medicine and poetry, Yixing. He found solace in music. His touch heals. His keen sense of life led him to become the father of all medicines we all now know. His words could mend broken hearts (and bones). His voice brings life to us. He is no friend of destruction.

Basically if you find the word angel in ancient dictionary, his face would be printed in A3 size as the definition. Now we can't do that with modern dictionaries because we're immortal and people will find out that we are and then it wouldn't be fun anymore yadda yadda yadda.

The fourth place is the best place ever. It's mine. I proudly tell you that I'm Baekhyun, the god of the sun, the moon, and the stars. You might ask, why not the other planets, too? Well because I was born from the Tree which was grown on earth so any other planets that gives nothing to my home gets nothing from me. (Okay, I admit, I just don't have power over them). I am the child of light, fourth son of the Tree. I don't mean to brag but my skin glows. Shame on you mankind and your stupid skin care routine, I don't need them.

Ehem, I don't want to sound like overly confident or anything so I'll ask Kai to write about this one (because obviously, he's a sweetheart and won't make fun of me, the others have this 1% probability of telling unnecessary facts). I'll call him, please wait.

 


Author's Note (not Baekhyun):
Hi, just want to pop up and say thank you if anyone is reading this, haha.
I hope you enjoy this story. The way I--I mean, the way Baekhyun writes is in the similar style as the Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, the Gospel of Loki, and Good Omens.
Not very original, I know.

I had hard time choosing chapter image. But I figure exo introducing themselves it the best one, haha.

If you're wondering about Kris, Luhan, and Tao ... YES THEY WILL BE IN THE STORY!
Their role would be different but they're still related *wink, wink* please wait for their bits!