Chateu

Exordia: Tale of the Nine Gods

C H A T E U

This chapter might be short and perhaps, not that interesting. It's just going to be the nine of us looking for an apartment, basically.

With so many origin places, it was hard for us to have a meeting. Kai was the only one not complaining. If we were to gather in Suho's place, Chen would refuse to join because he doesn't want to accidentally electrocute every living thing underwater. If we were to gather in the Sahara, Minseok would refuse to go, saying it was not his element (and we were very concern that Chanyeol would destroy the place as he play around the heat). It would take us forever before we can get to Chen's place. The Amazon got the least privacy because there are always animals poking around (I'll get to the animal part on the following chapter!). I don't really have a place (I fell from the sky, remember?). And obviously, no one wants to visit neither the Frostrealm nor the Firerealm.

That left us Yixing's place. But apparently everything there was just so holy and pure that Yixing was afraid we might disturb his place. I don't blame him.

"But we've got nowhere else to go!" Sehun whined, then he crossed his arms. "Or maybe we can stay in the moon."

I quickly turn to him. I wasn't really paying attention. Blame the easy breeze in the immense field we had decided as meeting point for this conversation--Yixing's idea, so of course the place is beautiful. I was a bit sleepy. "Huh? How? I mean we can ask Kai to pick us up one by one to the moon but you know, maybe we should go for something more practical," I suggested.

"I still say the Island of Yang. I mean, what harm can we cause?" Suho forced out a chuckle.

And just at that moment, a flower burst into flame. We all turned to Chanyeol. His face guilt-ridden. He grinned and rubbed the back of his neck, "I swear I didn't mean it. I thought I can accelerate its growth."

Suho sighed. He turned to Yixing, "Yeah ... I guess your home isn't an option."

"I still do not get it. Why not my place? It is just the correct temperature. We have loads of food. You can swim if you want to. Everything is perfect," Kyungsoo chimed. 

I felt like I should respond since I was the one who opposed that idea the most. "No, no, no, it's too noisy. The animals won't leave me alone!"

"Guys, the Frostrealm isn't even that cold."

We all gave Minseok a look.

"Fine," his shoulders deflated, "but wherever it's gonna be, it better be clean."

Clean was the least of our concern. Maybe we all got the ego to promote our homeland that the argument of which place is better went on and on without ends. I didn't participate much but sometimes I gave good reasoning as to why their suggestions aren't good, especially when the ideas came from Chanyeol (just to piss him off; he really wanted it to be his realm but come on, it's the Firerealm). The arguments got heated by the seconds and I could tell that Kai was already uncomfortable, so was Minseok. Kyungsoo was silent. Yixing tried to defend his land because whenever we were stuck, someone would say 'Let's just go to Yixing's'. Suho tried to prevent a fight (wouldn't want a war just for this silly thing) but things escalated so quickly that it turned to just insulting each others land.

"Obviously, my place is the best choice. We can't go to the Himalayas. It doesn't even look great there," said Chanyeol.

"And your place looks good? Tch," Chen scoffed in disbelief.

Sehun started, "Guys, my place is like the midway to everywhere--"

"Please not there. Not to insult you, I know it's a beautiful place but let's just think of something else," said Yixing.

Sehun's eyes widened, "How is that not an insult? You just hate my place for no reason!"

"No, Sehun, I--"

Suho cleared his throat loudly. "Guys, guys, GUYS!" He finally got our attention. "Why not ... here?"

We all looked at each other. Nevermind that we are gods--we all share one braincell. How could we not think of that?

"I mean it looks great.The weather is good, too," added Suho.

I looked at my brothers, who were looking at the field we were sitting cross-legged on. We all nodded in approval.

And that was how we chose our meeting point. We don't call it any names. Whenever there's a 'Let's meet up' message, we instantly know where to go. It was somewhere on a land that you now call France. We didn't go there anymore since 1782. And since 1820 we rarely went to our homeland (too many tourists). Now we are staying in an apartment in South Korea. It's a nice place. We are also quite well-known there, so that's a plus.

I just hope no one discovers our photographs from centuries back.

 


Author's Note:

If you haven't read the foreword, please do :) Thanks! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!