Coffee Love #4

Coffee Love (Season One)

Coffee Love#4 - Family
Date in Chapter - 2019 December 25

Jimin’s POV

The apartment that Jungkook shared with his brother was much better than the one that Jimin shared with Taehyung. Not only was it bigger, it had a more open concept as well. The kitchen looked right into the dining room, and the dining room into the living room. Jungkook’s room was on the first level of the apartment, near the kitchen. Rome’s room was on a level on its own upstairs. Jungkook claimed to like it because it gave both of them their privacy. Which was something Jimin and Taehyung’s apartment lacked. 

Another thing that this apartment had that Jimin’s didn’t was a dog. Jungkook and his brother had adopted a little white Poodle by the name of Miri. She was adorable and affectionate, and Jimin wondered how he missed her when he came to the apartment earlier that day until Jungkook told him that she was out on the back balcony. 

“She usually sleeps in Hyung’s room,” Jungkook said as he made a motion for her to get off of his bed. The dog listened. She hopped off the bed and stared at Jungkook as he climbed into the place she just was. “But he’ll be working until 6am, and she’s an attention .”

“I can see that,” Jimin bubbled as Miri jumped right into Jungkook’s lap and started him in the face. 

“Off,” Jungkook commanded, and Miri immediately jumped into the floor. He got up and started gathering his clothes. “I’m going to take a shower,” He told Jimin. “Do you want me to take Miri out of the room while I’m gone?”

By then, Jimin was already kneeling on the floor, playing with the dog. He shook his head. “This is okay,” He said, “I love dogs.”

Jungkook nodded, and he headed to the bedroom door. “Are you going to want to take a shower?” He asked. 

“I would,” Jimin said, sitting back on his heels, and he looked at Jungkook. “But I didn’t bring any clothes. It’s not like I was planning on staying the night.”

“You can borrow some of my clothes,” Jungkook offered. “If you don’t mind your pajamas to be a little big.”

“I don’t mind,” Jimin said with a chuckle. “I steal Taehyung’s pajamas all the time.”

“Then they’re in that bottom drawer,” Jungkook said before leaving the room. 

Jimin played with Miri until Jungkook came back from the shower and then told Jimin where he could go to take his shower. After they were both clean, they got into Jungkook’s bed together to sleep through the night.

 

Hoseok’s POV

After being with Yoongi for nearly three years, the two of them had been on a few trips together. They were never road trips, and they were never trips to see the other’s family. So, in a way, this was a first for them.

“The lease for the café in my building ends next month,” Yoongi told Hoseok as he drove.

Unlike Yoongi, Hoseok wasn’t used to staying up until late into the night. So, when they made the decision to head to Gwangju after the Christmas party, it only made sense if Yoongi was the one driving.

Hoseok just hummed in response. He had his head resting on the car window, somewhere between being awake and falling asleep, and engaging in conversation was difficult when he was sleepy.

“Which means—” 

Those two words made Hoseok perk up, and he glanced in Yoongi’s direction. “You’ll be visiting the café more often during your lunch breaks?” He presumed.

When Hoseok was fortunate enough to work during the day with Seokjin, Yoongi would never come and visit him at the café. There was a café in the building that Yoongi owned, so he had no reason to leave his building to drive across the city. 

“No,” Yoongi chuckled and shook his head. “Which means that the space is going to be open for lease again, so I need to find a new business to lease it out to.” 

“Oh,” Hoseok was a little disappointed. He hated business talk. Of course he was interested in running his own business, and he was well on his way to do that, but he wasn’t a big business man.

“Anyway, I’m thinking about asking Seokjin if he’s willing to expand just a little and open up a shot there,” Yoongi said. “And maybe you could work there during business hours?”

Ah. So that’s why he wanted to talk to Hoseok about this. Because he wanted Hoseok to work hours that cooperated with his more.

“I mean, that’s sweet and all, but you know I’m still going to be busy some nights because of classes and practice,” Hoseok pointed out.

Yoongi clicked his tongue. “But on the nights that you don’t have class or practice, it will work out,” Yoongi pointed out. “I understand if you don’t want to because of your commitment to Seokjin, but I’m still going to ask him about expanding. He’ll just have to hire someone else to work there if you don’t.”

“I never said I wouldn’t do it,” Hoseok argued. “If a Whole Latte Love opens up in your building, I want to be the one working there.”

Yoongi chuckled a happy chuckle. He was so cute. “The trick will be getting Seokjin to agree,” Yoongi noted.

 

Jungkook’s POV

Jungkook was oddly comfortable in the morning. He woke with his body wrapped around another, a comforting warmth against his chest. He remembered that Jimin had stayed the night with him, and it took a few more moments to realize that it was Jimin that he had his limbs wrapped around. 

He hoped that Jimin was still asleep as he removed his arms from around Jimin’s body and rolled to his own side of the bed. The subtle movement from the other side told him that was not the case. 

“Good morning,” Jimin said as he raised up with a yawn and rubbed his eyes. 

“Sorry,” Jungkook said with flushed cheeks. He was used to sleeping by himself, but he tended to be a cuddly sleeper when he had someone next to him in bed. It was a habit that he was already aware of, and he hoped that it didn’t bother Jimin. 

Jimin shook his head. “I would have moved, but I didn’t want to wake you,” He told Jungkook. “Besides, it was comfortable.”

“So, do you, um, have any plans for today?” Jungkook asked. “Any special traditions?”

Jimin shook his head. “Probably not,” He admitted. “Normally Taehyung and I will do something, but he’s probably busy with his boyfriend.” He bit his lip and looked at Jungkook. “What about you? Do you and Rome do anything?”

Honestly, Jungkook wanted to go home for Christmas, but Rome wouldn’t take off work for the holiday because he didn’t think that Christmas was important enough to take a vacation. Not wanting to travel by himself, Jungkook decided to stay in Seoul for the holiday. 

“It’s my first Christmas away from home,” Jungkook confessed. “So I don’t have any special traditions yet.”

“Well,” Jimin piped up, his eyes glowing with excitement. Jungkook kind of hated the way Jimin just got more and more adorable with each passing minute. “Since you have no traditions, and my best friend is bailing on mine, we should do something together. You think?”

“Sure,” Jungkook said with a smile. He wanted to get to know Jimin, and he hoped that Jimin wanted that, too. He had to suggest hanging out for a reason. “What do you want to do?” Jungkook asked with a tilt to his head. 

Jimin shrugged. It wasn’t like this sleepover was planned, so Jungkook couldn’t expect him to have a plan now. “We can go for a walk and figure it out?” He suggested. 

“Let’s do that,” Jungkook said, and he looked out the window. “It’s snowing. Do you need to borrow any clothes?”

“That depends on what you have,” Jimin said, and he pulled the covers up over his shoulders, wrapping them around himself. “I just brought my hoodie, but I can wear it again.”

Jimin was already cute in Jungkook’s pajamas, and Jungkook just knew that he would be even cuter in his other clothes, too. He dug through his closet until he found a trench coat that Jimin could wear. 

“Is this okay?” He asked, holding up the coat. 

“I think it will be really long on me,” Jimin giggled.

“I’ll find something else,” Jungkook said, but by the time he turned back to his closet, the coat was already snatched out of his hand. 

“I’ll wear it,” Jimin said. 

When Jungkook turned around, Jimin already had the jacket on. It almost touched the floor, and the sleeves were a little long, but Jungkook was right. He was cute. 

 

Taehyung’s POV 

Taehyung woke from a restless sleep with Joshua in his arms. Although he slept, he didn’t get any rest the night before because he was worried about Jimin who never came back to the apartment. He didn’t even send Taehyung a message letting him know where he would be, though Taehyung assumes that he was staying the night at Jungkook’s apartment. 

He rolled over, reaching for his phone to see if he got any messages from Jimin throughout the night. Unsurprisingly, he found nothing. He rolled to the other side of the bed, facing away from Joshua, and he typed out a message to Jimin asking where he was and if he was okay. Just to be sure. 

The mattress impressions shifted a little, and Taehyung felt a body pressed against his back. 

“Who are you texting so early in the morning?” Joshua asked, sleepy.  “Jimin?” He presumed without needing an answer to that one. 

“He never came home last night,” Taehyung said. 

“It’s because he hates me.”

The truth of it didn’t seem to bother Joshua at all, but probably because he didn’t like Jimin either. He had no reason to be upset about Jimin not liking him. 

“But,” Joshua hummed, slipping his arms around Taehyung’s side and up his stomach. “At least it gave us some privacy for once.”

“That’s true,” Taehyung said with a laugh, and he set the phone to the side for now. He rolled over to face his boyfriend again, glad to see him smiling. He liked it when Joshua was happy. When Joshua was happy, this relationship was worth being in. “I just had to make sure he’s okay.”

“That’s understandable,” Joshua said, and he moved his hand down to Taehyung’s hip. “He’s your best friend, after all. You have to make sure Jungkook didn’t, like, kill him or something.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “I’m sure the hyung’s let him stay the night or made sure Jungkook made it to his apartment safely with Jimin.” He said, and he rolled on top of Joshua. 

“Probably,” He said, and he hooked his arms around Taehyung’s neck. “You all take care of each other.”

“They would take care of you, too,” Taehyung told him. “If you’d give them the chance to like you.”

“I don’t even know why you like me,” Joshua said with a pout.

Sometimes Taehyung didn’t know either. There were times that Joshua got on his nerves, and times that he acted unreasonable. If Taehyung thought about it, everyone had their moments like that. But Joshua also has moments like this. Where they could just talk and no one got jealous. Moments when Joshua admitted his faults and seemed genuinely sorry for them. It was times like these that he loved his boyfriend the most, and he didn’t feel like he had to pretend. 

 

Hoseok’s POV

Hoseok woke with his nose nuzzled in Yoongi’s hair, and an arm wrapped around his waist. The bed wasn’t nearly as comfortable as the one they shared in the apartment, but it was familiar to Hoseok. The scents of home filled his senses as he stirred from his sleep, and it felt even better having Yoongi here with him.

When they arrived last night, Hoseok’s parents were already in bed. Jiwoo was the only one to greet them, so Yoongi hadn’t gotten to meet anyone new.

“Hyung?” Hoseok whispered. He tightened his hold around Yoongi’s waist, pulling him closer. “Are you awake?”

“Not yet,” Yoongi mumbled, but he rolled over to face Hoseok and nuzzled closer to him. “I don’t think you realize how exhausting that drive is.”

“Don’t I?” Hoseok chuckled. “I make it all the time. By myself.”

“I could say I did it by myself this time,” Yoongi’s voice was muffled against Hoseok’s chest. “You slept pretty much the whole way.”

“Okay, it’s now—” Yoongi whined as Hoseok rolled away from him to grab his phone from the bedside table to check the time. “Nearly nine o’clock. We should probably go meet my parents and have breakfast, don’t you think?”

“Nine?” Yoongi questioned, raising his eyebrow at Hoseok. “Your family east a late breakfast. I would not have expected that from the family of my early morning sunshine.”

Hoseok couldn’t stop the fond smile from spreading across his face or the warm feeling spreading across his chest. How was one tiny man capable of making him feel so much? “I’m sure they’ve already eaten,” Hoseok told him. “They probably didn’t want to bother us because they knew that we’d have been out late.”

“Well, let’s go for breakfast, then,” Yoongi said, and he sat up. He looked down at his clothes, which were pajamas. Hoseok’s to be exact. They hadn’t brought in their luggage yet, so Hoseok let him wear some pjs that he already had in his room. “Do you have anything I can change into before going out there?”

Hoseok looked at him. He was wearing Hoseok’s Mang pjs, and he looked cute in them. “What’s wrong with what you have on?” He asked.

Yoongi uncharacteristically hesitated before saying anything. Something was a little off. “I just don’t think I should go out there in pjs,” He said with a pout.

“Hyung, it’s fine. We just woke up,” Hoseok assured him. “If it makes you feel any better, I’m going in my pjs, too.”



Namjoon’s POV

Every year, Namjoon’s parents invited Seokjin’s parents over for the Christmas celebration, but Seokjin’s parents never came. Christmas was a big and special holiday for Namjoon’s family because his parents were Christian, but Seokjin’s parents weren’t, so they didn’t care for the holiday. As far as they were concerned, they were declining a regular invitation on any other day. It bother Namjoon, however, because he was used to Christmas being a big family thing, and he knew that Seokjin wanted them to be a part of it, too.

This year, however, was special because Seokjin’s parents were actually going to be there. They had accepted the invitation, and Seokjin had informed that gifts were a big part of Christmas and warned them not to come empty handed. They were people of pride, so they wouldn’t dare come without presents. They were going to give Namjoon’s parents no reason to shame them. At least, that’s what Seokjin’s mother said.

“Do you think today would be a good day to deliver the news?” Namjoon asked as Seokjin drove them to his parents’ place. They lived on the other side of the city, so it was a bit of drive. “Since they’ll all be there.”

They had gotten gifts for announcing that their parents would become grandparents, and they were in the car at the moment. It was all a matter if they were going to be giving them out today or not.

“We could,” Seokjin said, thoughtful. “But I thought it’d be better to wait until it’s official. I don’t want my parents to try to talk us out of it before we even begin trying.”

“They already gave us their blessing,” Namjoon reminded him. “They can’t take it back now.”

“That is true,” Seokjin tapped his chin in thought. “And it is very unlike them to go back on their word. Even for their most disappointing child.”

Although Seokjin offered a playful laugh to that comment, there was a certain bitterness in his words like he truly believed that’s what he was.

“So we’ll tell them?” Namjoon asked, excited. Once they start spreading the news that they were going to be trying for a baby, Namjoon knew it was going to feel more official and make him more excited to actually go through with it.

“We can tell them,” Seokjin agreed.

 

Jimin’s POV

The only thing about spending Christmas with someone he wasn’t that close to was that the holiday was treated like it was made for couples. Jimin was sure that somewhere on the Western Hemisphere, Christmas was a cherished and sacred holiday full of family fun and lots of food. In Korea, however, it was mostly marketed toward couples. It was mostly religious families that truly celebrated the holiday. 

Jimin knew all of this before suggesting that he and Jungkook did something together. If he was being completely honest, it was partly why he suggested that he and Jungkook did something together. Although they hadn’t known each other for long, Jungkook was cute and exactly Jimin’s type. To top it all off, he was a dancer. Needless to say, Jungkook was exactly the type of person Jimin wanted to be spending couple’s holidays with while his best friend was running off with his own boyfriend. 

There was a cold chill in the air, and Jimin shivered as he stepped closer to Jungkook. He wished the kid would grab his hand and hold him close, but he seemed too shy to do that. Or maybe he just didn’t think of Jimin in the same way Jimin thought of him. Which would totally be fine. They hadn’t known each other that long after all. 

“I didn’t think it’d be so cold,” Jimin broke the silence that had lasted far too long while they walked the city streets, looking for anything to do. 

There were a lot of things to do, but they both seemed to enjoy just walking next to each other. 

“It is really cold, isn’t it?” Jungkook chuckled. “Should we get something warm to drink?”

Jimin nodded, shuffling ever closer to Jungkook. He pointed to a café that powered to open. He preferred Whole Latte Love over anything else they could possibly get in this part of the city, but Seokjin made sure to close the café for all of the holidays. “We could try that café,” He suggested.

“Lets go,” Jungkook said. He finally took Jimin’s hand into his own. Hesitantly, but he did it, and he led Jimin the café.

This one was dark in tone compared to the pastel, welcoming colors of Whole Latte Love. It was a little more crowded and slightly less homey, too. There was one couch in the corner, and the rest of the seats were at tables scattered around, but close together. 

“Hi! What can I get for you?” The barista asked as Jungkook and Jimin approached the counter. 

She offered a friendly smile, and she walked to the register. She had her eyes fixed on Jungkook, and Jimin could feel a little tinge of possessiveness kick in. A feeling that he had no right to, but he grabbed Jungkook’s elbow and stood closer to him anyway. If Jungkook was going to be his Christmas date, he wasn’t going to let some girl ruin that for him. 

“Do you have warm milk tea?” Jungkook asked. 

“We sure do!” The girl chirped, and she motioned to Jimin. “And for your friend?”

Your friend? Jimin was furious. First of all, how dare she assume that he and Jungkook were just friends. I mean, that is all they were, but she didn’t know that. Secondly, Jimin was perfectly capable of speaking for himself. She could address him directly instead of keeping her attention focused on Jungkook. She was obviously flirting with him. 

“Hyung?” Jungkook looked at him. 

“I’ll have whatever he’s getting,” Jimin said, and he snuggled closer to Jungkook as he dug through his wallet to get his card out. He was the hyung, after all, so he should be paying. He stepped forward, pushing Jungkook back as he handed the payment over. 

“We’ll have it ready for you in a jiffy,” She said, and she walked around to get started on making their drinks. 

He and Jungkook stepped aside in case any other customers came in to order. 

“I don’t like her,” Jimin grumbled. 

“I thought she was nice,” Jungkook chuckled. 

“Of course you did,” Jimin said. “She was flirting with you.”

Jungkook looked dumbfounded, and Jimin watched him carefully as he looked back in the server’s direction. He had to see if Jungkook seemed interested at all. The boy just scrunched up his nose and shook his head. 

“I’m not interested,” He said. 

“In her?” Jimin raised an eyebrow. 

“In any hers,” Jungkook clarified, and he looked at Jimin. “I thought that was kind of obvious.”

“I didn’t want to assume,” Jimin said. Though all of their friends were gay or biual, he couldn’t assume that anyone who got hired at the café was. Though that did seem to be the case most of the time. 

“I assumed the same was true for you,” Jungkook’s voice was small. “Based on all of your friends. I hope that’s okay.”

“Yes, I am gay, too,” Jimin said with a chuckle. “I think Namjoon hyung’s the only one who’s not.”

“He’s not? But I thought that him and Seokjin hyung were married,” Jungkook said with a tilt to his head. 

“They are,” Jimin affirmed. “But he’s biual. Not gay.”

“Oh,” Jungkook gave a small with an expression that almost looked like he felt dumb for not thinking of that. “That makes sense.”

The girl waved at them, signaling that their drinks were done. Jungkook went to grab them, and he handed one to Jimin. “Do you want to drink it here?” He asked. 

“Sure,” Jimin said, and Jungkook decided to take the only couch in the place since it was currently available. 

 

Yoongi’s POV

Hoseok led the way out into the living room, and Yoongi shuffled along behind him. He wished that he could rush out to the car and find a pair of clothes to change into. Hell, he wished that he had not been too lazy to bring his luggage in last night, but now it was too late. Hoseok’s parents were in the living area, and there was no way of making it out to the car without getting seen by them.

“Good morning,” Yoongi heard a cheery woman’s voice.

He looked up to see an older woman rise from the floor, where she was seated at the table. She was in her pjs, too, which allowed Yoongi to relax a little. Her bright smile and dimples on her cheeks were the tell tale sign that she was Hoseok’s mother.

She walked over to them to pull Hoseok into a hug. “And this must be Yoongi,” She said, smiling at Yoongi.

He bowed politely, a full 90 degree bow. “Good morning,” He said.

“He’s so much more handsome in person,” Hoseok’s mother chimed, and she walked back to the table. This time, she sat closer to her daughter, leaving room for Yoongi and Hoseok to join them. “Come, sit. We’re just about to eat breakfast.”

“It’s nice to officially meet you,” Hoseok’s father said as Yoongi joined them at the table. “Hoseok said that your schedule keeps you so busy that you usually don’t have time to come down here with him when he comes.”

“That’s true,” Yoongi said. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to meet Hoseok’s family, but he’d rather make sure he had time to spend with Hoseok at home. He also didn’t like traveling more than he had to, which was why he seldom went home to visit his own family. “It’s not that I let work get in the way of spending time with Hoseok, but I can’t always take time off to travel for two weeks at a time. Unless if it’s for work.”

“That’s understandable,” Hoseok’s mother said with a smile. “After all, we can’t always take time off to go to Seoul to visit Hoseok. Otherwise we’d have met by now.”

Yoongi didn’t want to seem like a workaholic who didn’t care about family—because that was not the case at all—and Hoseok’s parents seemed to be understanding about that. So far, it seemed like things were going well.

 

Seokjin’s POV

Seokjin was only expecting to see his parents here, but his brother’s car was out in the driveway as well, which hopefully meant that they brought baby Joohyun with them. They got out and went in after Seokjin parked the car. When they entered the house, all of the men were sitting in the living room together. Their parents were both on the couch, and Seokjin’s brother was sitting in one of the chairs across from that. The women were all in the kitchen. Namjoon’s sister and Seokjin’s mother and sister-in-law were helping Namjoon’s mother finish the preparations for the holiday meal.

“You guys can’t do anything to help?” Seokjin said and clicked his tongue when the men welcomed them into the house. “You’re just going to sit there while the women do the work?”

“I tried to help, but they shooed met of the kitchen,” Seokjung said in return. “Mom said that you’d be better to help in there.”

“She is not wrong,” Seokjin said as he placed the presents under the tree. Seokjin was always known for being good at cooking. At home, he always wanted to help with meal preparations from the time that he was very young. By the time he became a teenager, he was the one cooking all of the family meals. “Still, there is work that needs to be done. Cooking requires the use of dishes, and those dishes need to be washed. The table needs to be set, and,” Seokjin paused, noticing a particular smell in the air, and he looked at Joohyun. “That baby needs to be changed.” He clapped and moved his hands in an upward motion, commanding the men to get moving. “So let’s go.”

“Seokjin-ah,” Jisoo called from the kitchen, and Seokjin saw her head peeking around the corner when he looked in that direction. “Do I ever tell you how much I love you?”

Seokjin was used to giving orders like that. He lived with Namjoon who couldn’t cook and broke everything that he touched, and he tried to use that as an excuse to get out of helping around the house with anything. Seokjin didn’t care, though. He still made Namjoon do his share.

“All the time, noona,” Seokjin said with a smile.

 

Taehyung’s POV

Taehyung was bored. Joshua didn’t want to go anywhere today, so they had been spending the day inside. It was snowing and beautiful in the city. A sort of beauty that could only be enjoyed for one day because tomorrow all the snow will have turned black from cars and plows, and it would be anything but attractive. 

Sitting on the couch, he looked out the window at the white city. He knew that Jimin was somewhere out there. Any Christmas before was spent with his best friend, pretending to be a couple and having fun with the day. Because Jimin liked to get out. He was adventurous. Just like Taehyung. 

Video games were fun. Sure. But Taehyung preferred staying up late to play them. Not spending perfectly good hours of the day holed up on the couch with a controller in hand. 

“So, um, my birthday is coming up soon,” Taehyung reminded his boyfriend in case he had forgotten. 

“I know,” Joshua said with a nod. “I already have the day planned.”

Taehyung frowned. He wasn’t expecting a birthday surprise or for Joshua to plan anything for that day. He already had his birthday tradition with Jimin, and he had told Joshua that. He wasn’t going to cancel his usual plans with his best friend to do what his boyfriend thought he should be doing for his own birthday. Joshua was more than welcome to join, but he wasn’t allowed to take over. 

“I already have plans,” Taehyung reminded him. 

“I know. With Jimin, right?” Joshua asked. “You see, the thing is, you spend time with Jimin all the time. We should have one day where it’s just us.”

“We have that right now,” Taehyung pointed out, looking around the otherwise empty apartment. “Besides, it’s my birthday.”

“Yeah, but my friend got some extra tickets to this musical because his girlfriend is in it,” Joshua explained. “And I know how much you like musicals, so I thought we could join them.”

“With your friends?” Taehyung raised an eyebrow, his frown only furthering. “Isn’t that the same thing as going with Jimin? We still won’t be alone.

“You see Jimin all the time,” Joshua argued. “Besides, we both like my friends.”

Taehyung was at a loss for words. Not only was Joshua’s statement incorrect, he was also being unreasonable. Taehyung didn’t like Joshua’s friends, he just wasn’t a about it. Still, it was Taehyung’s birthday, and he wanted to spend it with his own friends. 

“You can tolerate Jimin this once,” Taehyung insisted. “For my birthday. For me.”

“I tolerate Jimin all the time,” Joshua snapped. “I tolerate you picking him over me for everything. I tolerate the fact that you ing live with that . And quite frankly—”

“Do not call Jimin a ,” Taehyung snapped, now furious. “You can say whatever the you want about me, but you have no right to talk about Jimin.”

“Do you disagree? Have you ever seen him with a boyfriend?” Joshua questioned. “Yet he’s always ing around with someone. I’ll be willing to bet he went to Jungkook’s last night to get laid.”

“Shut the up,” Taehyung could feel his blood boiling. Joshua did this every time. When he couldn’t get Taehyung on his side about something, he would start attacking Jimin, and it pissed Taehyung right off. “You have no right.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he was getting some from you between our breakups,” Joshua said. “Or even during our relationship, with how close you two are. You’re probably ing him on nights that he can’t get anybody else to do it, and I’m not here.”

Taehyung took a breath in. He held onto it for a few seconds, counting to five, and he released it. They would be arguing in circles if he continued to feed to that part of the conversation, and Taehyung wasn’t in the mood. “I can’t do this anymore,” His voice shook as he spoke. He was trying his best not to cry. 

“What?” Joshua looked shocked.

They had broken up before. A couple of times. Except it was always Joshua doing the breaking up, so it must have been shocking to him to see Taehyung being the one to take the stand this time.

“I can’t do this anymore,” Taehyung’s voice was more steady this time. “I don’t think this is going to work out. I’m tired of feeling like I have to choose between you and my best friend.”

“So you choose Jimin?” Joshua asked.

“If that’s how you want to look at it,” Taehyung said, and he got up from the couch. He grabbed Joshua’s jacket from the rack it was hanging on, and he held it out to him. “I just can’t do this anymore.”

“Fine,” Joshua said, and he got up from the couch. He snatched his jacket from Taehyung’s hand and slung it over his shoulder. “I’ll go. You’ll come crawling back whenever I want you to because you always forget about this when you want a piece of .”

“Just go,” Taehyung said under his breath, eyes closed. 

When he heard Joshua walk out and the door click shut behind him, he fell to his knees, crying.

 

Jungkook’s POV

“So you and Taehyung are pretty close, huh?” Jungkook eventually said after listening to the tenth story about one of Jimin’s and Taehyung’s many adventures that they had taken together. 

“I mean, he’s my best friend,” Jimin said with a soft smile. “If the other guys weren’t so welcoming, he’d be one of my only friends.”

“I can understand that,” Jungkook said, and he took a sip of his coffee. “Before I met Seokjin hyung, I didn’t have any friends either. It’s not easy for me to make new friends. You know, since I knew the same people growing up.”

“It’s like that in a small town,” Jimin said with a small laugh. 

By then Jungkook had finished his coffee, and Jimin took the last sip from his own to catch up. “Wanna go for a walk now?” He asked as he threw the disposable cup away. 

“Let’s go!” Jungkook cheered, following suit. 

 

Yoongi’s POV

It was early in the evening when Hoseok and Jiwoo finally walked through the front door. Yoongi had spent the day at home with Hoseok’s parents, which was fine. He was learning a lot about Hoseok when he was a kid, going through family photo albums and listening to stories that Hoseok had never told him before.

“And Hoseok came home crying because the class plant died, and they had to throw it away.” His father said with a fond chuckle as Jiwoo and Hoseok joined them in the living room.

Hoseok came and sat next to Yoongi, grasping the elder’s hand and holding it in his own while he rested his head on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“I loved that plant,” Hoseok said with a pout in his voice.

“I know,” Yoongi chuckled, and he looked at Hoseok as best as he could from this angle. “You love all of our plants. You’re the reason we even have so many.”

“They make the place feel more lively,” Hoseok said.

Yoongi couldn’t deny that. Ever since Hoseok moved in, bringing his few houseplants with him, and buying more over time, the place had a lot more life in it. Even when Yoongi was there alone, he never really felt alone. The energy from the plants kept the apartment from ever feeling empty and lifeless.

“So do you,” Yoongi said with affection filling his chest.

 

Jimin’s POV

The snow continued to fall over the city as they walked. By now, the snow was piling up on the pavement too quickly for the snow plows to keep up, so the path was becoming less clear. 

“Maybe we should head back—”

A snowball smacked Jimin in the back, bursting apart and crumbling to the ground in a powdery mist. 

He turned around, glaring at the cheeky kid who threw it at him. 

“You’re gonna pay for that,” Jimin said. 

As he bent down to scoop up some snow, Jungkook took off running the other way. In just a few seconds, he made it to the end of the street—damn that kid was fast. Good thing Jimin could throw far, and he had a good aim. He released the snowball through the air, and it collided right on Jungkook’s back. 

While the kid was too busy being shocked by the fact that Jimin managed to hit him, Jimin took the chance to chuck another snow ball in his direction. This time, Jungkook was quick to dodge, scooping up more snow as he ducked out of the way. 

“Catch me if you can!” Jimin shouted, and he ran away from Jungkook to get a head start. 

Jimin always considered himself to be pretty fast. Particularly for someone with legs as short as his. But Jungkook was faster, and his legs were much longer. He caught up rather quickly, but Jimin tripped over a pile of pushed up snow just in time for Jungkook’s snowball to fly over him. 

“Aw come on,” Jungkook said, and he offered a hand to help Jimin up. “I don’t feel right about attacking you when you are down.”

“Really?” Jimin said, and he reached for Jungkook’s hand. Instead of getting up, he jerked hard enough to pull the unsuspecting Jungkook down with him, and he rolled on top of the younger. “Because I have no problem with it.” He said, and he slapped some snow to Jungkook’s cheek.

Jungkook glared at him. “Why you little,” He grabbed some more snow, prepared to slap it into Jimin’s face, but Jimin grabbed his wrist and pinned it above his head. 

“I think not,” Jimin chuckled. 

Jungkook just smirked, and he twisted his wrists free. He grabbed Jimin’s instead and rolled so that he was the one on top, pinning Jimin’s wrists above his head. “Hey, at least I play fair,” Jungkook declared. “Those who don’t deserve to get punished.”

He let go of Jimin’s wrists, but before Jimin had the chance to even do anything about it, Jungkook was tickling him. Jimin writhed and squirmed, giggling and begging for the younger to stop, but Jungkook didn’t relent. He just tickled Jimin more. 

“Do you promise to be good?” Jungkook asked as his fingers stopped moving. 

“I promise,” Jimin said, on the verge of tears. “Just please stop.”

Jungkook took pity on him, and he stood up. Again, he offered a hand to help Jimin up, and Jimin decided to take it nicely this time.

 

Namjoon’s POV

As excited as Namjoon was about telling everyone their big news, he was also nervous. They were going to tell them at dinner time, and Namjoon just hoped that it wouldn’t be a big enough shock to ruin anyone’s appetite. Surely their families would be supportive of their decision, right?

“Before we begin dinner, Seokjin hyung and I have one gift that we’d like to give,” Namjoon said.

Seokjin already had the gift bags in his hand, and he started handing them to each of their parents.

Namjoon watched as each of them opened their gift, all very confused. They were personalized coffee mugs of the Whole Latte Love brand, all of which said “#1 grandma” and “#1 grandpa” on them for each of the parents respectively.

“What? But we’re not—” Namjoon’s father said, and stopped in the middle of his though. He looked up with tears in eyes and a smile on his face. He opened his mouth to say something else, but then Seokjin’s father decided to say something over him.

“So, which one of you are pregnant?” He asked.

“Dad,” Seokjung warned, and he shook his head.

“Neither of us,” Seokjin said. “Yet.” He chuckled.

“Hyuna has offered to have a baby for us so we don’t have to go through the whole adoption process which could take us years to even get selected,” Namjoon explained.

“Hyuna?” Seokjin’s mother questioned. “Like Bubble Pop Hyuna?”

“That Hyuna,” Seokjin confirmed.

Seokjin’s mother wore a coy smile on her face, and she nodded in approval. “And which of you will be the father?” She asked.

“We don’t know,” Namjoon said. “We couldn’t decide, so we’re going to—”

“We don’t need any of the details before dinner,” Seokjin’s father cut him off. “I’d like to keep my appetite, please.”

“I think either one of you would be a fine choice,” Namjoon’s mother said.

“Thank you,” Seokjin said with a grin.

Namjoon was glad that it went over so well with all of them. Now all they had to do was confirm with Hyuna that they wanted to go through with it.

 

Jungkook’s POV

Jungkook wished that time would go by slower. He was having fun spending his day with Jimin, and when the sun started to set, Jungkook wished that the day would last forever. It wasn’t easy to find someone just as shy and awkward as he was, and even rarer for that person to be someone he was comfortable around.

“This was fun,” Jimin said as they made it to the bus station. They had already spent the whole day walking around, but it was too cold and late for them to even consider walking back to their own apartments.

“Did it compare to holidays spent with Taehyung?” Jungkook asked.

They both took a seat on the bench. Since the snowfall was heavier than this morning, the city streets became quiet.

“It was…” Jimin hesitated, and he scooted closer to Jungkook on the bench. “I think I actually enjoyed this more.”

“Really?” Jungkook was shocked.

“Yeah,” Jimin was fiddling with the buttons on his borrowed coat. “I mean, Taehyung and I usually pretend to be a couple, which is good and all. But it’s always just pretend and will only ever be pretend. I know we’re not a couple either, but we also didn’t pretend. We just had fun.”

That was unfortunate. Jungkook had so much fun with Jimin today and felt like they had gotten closer. “We could have pretended,” Jungkook said with a pout.

“No,” Jimin chuckled and shook his head. “Because with you, I wouldn’t want to pretend.”

“I see,” Jungkook said, and he faced forward, not looking at Jimin anymore.

“That’s not...I meant—”

Jungkook turned his head when he felt Jimin’s small hand on his thigh, and the other cupped his cheeks. Their lips were brought together in a warm kiss that made Jungkook temporarily forget about the cold. It only lasted about two seconds before Jimin’s phone started ringing, and he jumped back in surprise.

“,” He breathed as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. “I have to take this. It’s Taehyung.”

What a way to ruin that moment. Jungkook sat there, waiting for Jimin to get off the phone.

“I have to go,” Jimin said after he put his phone away. He stood from the bench, but Jungkook grabbed his wrist before he could run off. “Taehyung and Joshua broke up.” Jimin said as he tried to pull away.

Jungkook pointed down the street. “The bus is coming,” He said with a frown. “You’ll get there faster if you wait.”

“Oh, right,” Jimin said, and he sat back on the bench to wait until the bus arrived.

The minute they waited was spent in awkward silence. Jungkook wanted to know what that kiss meant and why Jimin did it, but it didn’t feel like the appropriate time to ask. So he’d just sit there wondering.

 

Hoseok’s POV

At the end of the day, Hoseok and Yoongi found themselves in Hoseok’s childhood room again. Yoongi was sitting on the bed when Hoseok returned to the room after taking a shower. He had the towel draped over his shoulders, and he shuffled it through his hair to help the drying process.

“Sorry about my parents,” Hoseok said as he tossed the towel into the laundry basket.

“Why are you sorry?” Yoongi asked.

Hoseok joined him on the bed, and he put his back against the headboard. “Them bombarding you with stories about me,” Hoseok said. “I wasn’t a very interesting child, so it must have been boring to hear.”

Yoongi shook his head, and he shuffled closer to Hoseok. “I loved it,” He said, putting his hands on the bed on either side of Hoseok and pressing a kiss to his lips.

“You don’t have to lie,” Hoseok told him.

“Really,” Yoongi insisted. “It was nice to hear all of those stories. I doubt you even remember all of the ones they told me, so I never would have heard it from you.”

“There are some things they won’t let me forget,” Hoseok said with a pout.

Like any kid, Hoseok had embarrassing stories from when he was younger, which Yoongi probably heard today. There were things like the time when the family went to the mall together when Hoseok was six. While they were there, he met a man who was very short, around the same height as the six-year-old boy, so Hoseok thought that he was a lost child and offered to help him find his parents. It was things like that that his parents would never let him live down.

“You’re lucky,” Yoongi said. “My parents can’t do that. They didn’t even know me until I was 8 years old, so they only have stories from then on, and I was old enough to remember everything at that point.”

There was a sad tone in his voice as he spoke, and Hoseok remembered his talk with Jiwoo earlier. Surely, the fact that Hoseok was raised by his birth family was something that made Yoongi feel out of place here. It may have been different if Yoongi was adopted as a baby, but he was taken away from his mother as a child and adopted by a new family. There was a lot that Hoseok didn’t know about Yoongi from when he was younger, but it was possible that there was a lot that Yoongi didn’t know about himself either.

“Have you ever talked to your mom after you got taken away from her?” Hoseok asked.

Yoongi was still for a moment. This was a tough subject for him. Hoseok knew because it was something he didn’t talk about very often, but he was the one who brought it up in the first place.

After a moment, he shook his head. “No,” He said. “I was just an inconvenience to her. She didn’t even fight to try and keep me. I doubt she wants to see me again.”

Hoseok couldn’t comment on that. It wasn’t his place since he didn’t know anything about Yoongi’s mother. “What about your father?”

“I never even met him,” Yoongi confessed. “I know him by name only. I was never even shown photos.”

“Do you want to meet either of them?” Hoseok asked. 

Yoongi shook his head again. “I’ve gone without them for this long,” He said. “Besides, I already have parents.”

“If you reconnected with them, you’d have four,” Hoseok pointed out. “Family is family.”

“I’m pretty sleepy,” Yoongi said, and he pressed a kiss to Hoseok cheek, avoiding the topic. “Good night.” He said, and he got under the covers.

“Hyung,” Hoseok wasn’t done. Yoongi didn’t respond. “Hyung.” He said again.

Yoongi’s breathing started to go steady and heavy, but Hoseok knew that he was faking it. Still, he didn’t bother him anymore. He just pressed a kiss to Yoongi’s forehead. “Good night, Hyung.” He said.