Coffee Stains #3

Coffee Love (Season One)

Coffee Love #3 - A Coffee Love Christmas
Date in Chapter: 2019 December 24

 

Hoseok’s POV

This Christmas was going to be a special one. After celebrating the holiday with Seokjin and their friends at Seokjin’s house on Christmas Eve, Hoseok would be returning home to Gwangju to celebrate the official Christmas holiday with his family. What made it so special this time? Yoongi would be joining him, and it’d be the first time that Yoongi gets to meet Hoseok’s parents in person. His parents had caught a glimpse and were able to say a few words to Yoongi while FaceTiming with Hoseok, but they hadn’t gotten the chance to actually meet him yet. Hoseok was so sure they were going to love him. There was no reason not to love him. Not in Hoseok’s mind. 

“”Are you nervous?” Hoseok asked as they were just getting ready to go to Seokjin’s house for the holiday party with their friends. 

“It’s just Seokjin’s,” Yoongi pointed out as he adjusted his tie around his neck. Hoseok didn’t care what anyone said about bow ties, Yoongi looked adorable in them. “We do this every year.”

“I mean about later tonight,” Hoseok urged. “When you’ll be meeting my family for the first time.”

It was still crazy to Hoseok to think that the two of them have been dating for nearly three years now, and neither of them had met the other’s parents. Hoseok was worried about the day he would finally have to meet Yoongi’s posh parents, but that day had yet to come. 

“I won’t be meeting your family for the first time,” Yoongi pointed out, and he flashed a gummy smile Hoseok’s way. “I already know your sister, and I’ve talked to your parents on multiple occasions.”

Yoongi hardly ever got anxious about anything, and Hoseok found that to be infuriating. Things had to bother him, and he had to have anxious moments. Hoseok just wanted him to open and say when he was worried about something. He didn’t have to pretend to behe strong all the time. 

“Yeah, briefly,” Hoseok pointed out. “And besides, that’s not my only family. You’ve never met my grandparents or aunts or uncles. None of my cousins.”

“And I’m excited to meet all of them,” Yoongi insisted. “These are the people who helped form the Jung Hoseok standing right in front of me at this moment.” He took a few steps closer to Hoseok. He pulled the younger even closer with the hand he placed around the small of his back, and he pressed his lips to Hoseok’s cheek. “I just have to avoid giving them a reason to not like me, right? If they’re anything like you, I’ll just be myself. It’ll be fine.”

Hoseok pouted. “Why are you so sure that they’ll like you?” He asked. “Meeting my family should be intimidating. They’re important to me, and how they feel about you is important to me.”

“So important that you would break up with me if they didn’t like me?” Yoongi challenged. “After nearly three years of us being together?”

“Well, no,” Hoseok admitted. 

“That’s what I thought,” Yoongi clicked his tongue and he turned to examine himself in the mirror once more. “You wouldn’t have been with me for two years and even moved in with me without introducing me to them if their opinion of me will be a deciding factor on our relationship.”

Hoseok scowled and glared at Yoongi through the mirror. He already knew that his family was going to love Yoongi. The reason their opinion wouldn’t change his mind was because he already knew that they would approve of what Hoseok has with Yoongi. Hoseok knew that. Yoongi didn’t, and it kind of pissed Hoseok off that he was acting like this was no big deal. 

The part that Hoseok was worried about was whether or not Yoongi was going to like them, but he didn’t want to admit that. He didn’t want to admit that he was scared that Yoongi might not like the small family home that he grew up in. He was afraid that Yoongi wouldn’t like their friendly nature. He might be okay with it in Hoseok, but not so much on a whole family. He was afraid that Yoongi might feel out of place and uncomfortable. In Seoul, they were surrounded by their more well-off friends with a lot of money. Hoseok’s father was a doctor, but only a family doctor. He had money, but it wasn’t like they were living off of American surgeon-level income. And they most certainly did not own large corporations like any of their friends’ parents did. They weren’t business people. They were family people. 

“Namjoon and Seokjin’s Christmas party comes first,” Yoongi’s words brought Hoseok out of his tunnel of worries. He was adjusting the lapel on Hoseok’s jacket when he said it, and there was a soft, knowing smile on his face. Could he read what Hoseok was actually worried about? “Let’s just take it one step at a time, yeah?”

Even without saying anything in regards to what Hoseok was thinking, Yoongi somehow managed to ease his mind. He smiled back, and he nodded. 

 

Jungkook’s POV

Jungkook wasn’t expecting to get wrapped up in this family so quickly. Apparently Seokjin always invited all of the workers from his café to his house for a Christmas Eve party. Apparently, there weren’t that many people working at the café. 

Taehyung told Jungkook that everyone who is invited usually brings a guest with them. This was the first time that Taehyung had a boyfriend at the time of the party, and that his guest was usually Jimin. He didn’t want his boyfriend to get upset with him, but he also didn’t want Jimin to be left out this year (which Seokjin said that Jimin was invited anyway, but Taehyung was still making a big deal about it). He asked Jungkook if he wanted to take Jimin as his guest. Jungkook couldn’t refuse. Not only because he thought Jimin was adorable and wanted to get to know him a little more, but also because he didn’t have any other friends to ask. 

He haswas just finished brushing his teeth when he heard a knock at his apartment door. Neither Jungkook nor Jimin had a car, so they would be riding with Taehyung and his boyfriend. 

“I’ll get it!” Jungkook called, but it was too late. The hinges squeaked as the door came open. 

“H-hi, um, is Jungkook here?” Jimin’s soft voice asked Jungkook’s brother. 

Rome was much shorter than Jungkook, but still taller than Jimin. He also loved to work out, and he had the muscles to show for it. His presence could be a little intimidating to someone who didn’t know him. 

“He’s just finishing up,” Jungkook heard Rome say. “Do you want to come in?”

He didn’t hear anything from Jimin, but he heard footsteps into the apartment and the door click shut. He quickly rinsed his mouth out and spit. 

When he walked out into the living room to see Jimin sitting on the couch in awkward silence, he saw that he was dressed well. He had on a black pair of pants and a white shirt. Over that, he wore a red jacket, and his overall appearance made Jungkook look like a bum. “O-oh, I wasn’t told that we’d have to dress nicely,” Jungkook said, and he looked down at his plain outfit with a frown. “I should probably change.”

“It’s okay,” Jimin assured him. “You look fine.”

“I’m going to change,” Jungkook insisted. “Yoongi will probably be there, and I don’t want to show up looking like this when you look like that.” He walked back to his room while he spoke. It was going to be his first time meeting Yoongi since meeting everyone else, and he wanted to make a good impression on his idol. 

A couple of short, quick footsteps made their way to Jungkook’s room with him, and Jungkook opened the closet. He could feel Jimin standing behind him, and the elder burst out with laughter after a few short moments.

“What?” Jungkook asked, looking back at the other. “What’s so funny?”

“Your closet looks like it belongs in a cartoon,” Jimin chortled, flipping through Jungkook’s countless white shirts. “It’s hard to believe that such a big fan of Yoongi hyung would care so little for fashion.”

“Shut up,” Jungkook grumbled, and slammed his closet door closed, resorting to the dresser instead. 

“Oh, this looks cute,” Jimin chimed, and he reached around Jungkook. He pulled out the black and red striped, knitted sweater that his mother got him for Christmas last year. “And I bet it would look good on you.”

“You think so?” Jungkook asked. He wore it sometimes when it was blistering cold outside, and the weather didn’t call for a larger coat with wind guard. 

“Just get you some pants and a scarf, and you’ll be good to go,” Jimin chirped. “And no timberlands, so I hope you have another kind of shoe.”

“I’ll figure something out,” Jungkook said. 

Jimin left the room to give Jungkook some privacy while he changed. The younger put on a pair of black jeans, which looked much better than his baggy pair of blue jeans he was just wearing. He wrapped a scarf around himself and put on a hat. After digging through a shoe box in his closet, he found a pair of black shoes that he assumed would have to match the outfit because they looked nicer than what he usually wore. He put those on and left from his room. 

“Wow,” Jimin said when he returned to the living room. “Red is a good color on you.”

“Thanks,” Jungkook said, and he ducked his head slightly to hide his blushing cheeks in his scarf. “We can go now.”

“You two have fun,” Rome said to them as they left the apartment. 

 

Namjoon’s POV

The Christmas tradition had started with Seokjin, and he originally intended for it to only be his café employees that got invited. Which meant that it was only him and Hoseok in the beginning. Eventually Hoseok got a boyfriend (not Yoongi) whom he would bring along, and Seokjin eventually met Namjoon. So the Christmas tradition turned into something between those four. Before long, Eunji and Taehyung were added to the tradition as well (and along with them came Bomi and Jimin respectively). Despite having only been hired last week, and working only three days, Seokjin invited Jungkook this year. It was an ever growing family. 

“We brought bibimbap,” Eunji said as her and Bomi entered the house together. Bomi was carrying the big pot on her own, since Eunji was still dealing with her injured ribs.

They were always the first to arrive, and they always brought something to eat with them. They felt bad for having Seokjin do all the work preparing the holiday dinner, and this was their way of helping out. (Eunji knew better than anyone else, except maybe Seokjin himself, that Namjoon couldn’t cook to save his life). 

“How are you feeling?” Seokjin asked Eunji as the girls followed him into the kitchen. 

“Like I need to get back to work,” She said, and she grunted in pain as she got in one of the stools at the breakfast bar. Since Bomi was busy helping Seokjin arrange the food on the counter, Namjoon helped Eunji get situated. “Lying around at home is starting to drive me crazy.”

“You need to let yourself heal first,” Namjoon warned her. She had a hard time getting in that stool by herself because of the pain, so Namjoon knew that she probably couldn’t handle the work that needed to be done at the café. “You don’t want your injury to get worse.”

“I’m fine,” Eunji insisted. “Even if I just run the register. I’d just be glad to get out of the house.”

Seokjin continued moving things around on the counter, not even offering them a glance. “Wait until after the first, and I might let you come back,” He said. “I can’t trust you to take it easy.”

“That’s probably best,” Bomi said with a chuckle. “It’s hard enough to get her to relax at home.”

“Oh, I can think of another person like that,” Namjoon said, a fondfind smile on his face as he looked over at his husband. 

 

Yoongi’s POV

Eunji’s car was already in the driveway when Yoongi and Hoseok pulled in, so Yoongi just parked right beside them. “I hope the kid is going to like this,” Yoongi said as he reached in the back and grabbed the gift that he had prepared for Jungkook. He hadn’t met the kid yet, but Hoseok said that he was a big fan and talked about Yoongi all the time. It wasn’t very often that Yoongi met fans that were a fan of him since his rapping days. He was never recognized for his work back then, so that made Jungkook kind of special. 

“I’m sure he will,” Hoseok said as he removed his seatbelt. “You go on in. I’ll get the other gifts.”

“You sure you don’t need help?” Yoongi offered. He hated carrying anything, so it was more of a generous offer than an offer because he actually wanted to help. 

“I got it,” Hoseok assured him. “It’s cold, so you go inside.”

Yoongi wasn’t going to argue. He got out of the car, and headed into the house. He carefully placed Jungkook’s gift on top of another gift box, hoping that everyone would see and not set something else on top of it. 

 

Taehyung’s POV

If Taehyung was completely honest, he didn’t want to invite Joshua to the Christmas party. It wasn’t because he didn’t like Joshua, but because he knew that his friends didn’t. He felt that inviting Joshua would ruin everyone’s night, which almost made Taehyung not want to show up at all. But he couldn’t do that. He didn’t want to miss out on the holiday cheer because of his boyfriend, so he just expected his friends to set their differences aside and deal with it. 

It surprised Taehyung that Joshua bought gifts to bring to the party, to which he assured Taehyung that he wasn’t rude enough to show up to a holiday party without gifts. 

“Looks like everyone’s already here,” Taehyung said as he pulled into the driveway. He parked behind Yoongi’s car, knowing that Bomi and Eunji would probably be the first to leave. They never stayed for the movies because they had other celebrations to get to. 

Joshua got out and collected both his and Taehyung’s gifts, and he walked with Taehyung to the door. “Thanks,” Taehyung said. He wasn’t used to his boyfriend pulling his own weight and Taehyung’s, too. 

“Don’t mention it,” Joshua said. 

Taehyung knocked on the door just to let them know that they were there, but he walked in before anyone had time to react. “We’re here!” Taehyung cheered as he walked into the living room.

“Great!” Seokjin replied. He was setting the dining room table. “We were about to eat without you.”

“Sorry, it’s my fault we were late,” Jungkook said, and Taehyung turned to look at him just in time to see him lower his head in shame. 

“Nonsense,” Taehyung said with a grin. “We are late every year on account of Jimin.”

“And Taehyung,” Jimin said back, clearly not amused by his friend’s accusation. 

“Hey. I was ready before you. I just happened to not be ready anymore when you were.” Taehyung said in his defense. 

“All right, you two,” Seokjin jumped into their argument. “Let’s eat before this turns into a disagreement.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

It had been a crazy couple of weeks for Jungkook. A lot of unbelievable things had happened, but the most unbelievable of all was spending the holiday with Min Yoongi. Maybe this was something he was going to have to get used to. 

During dinner, he sat right across from Yoongi, with Jimin to his right and Taehyung to his left. He still hadn’t said a word to Yoongi yet, too awkward and unsure of how to start a conversation with him. Besides that, Yoongi seemed pretty focused on his own boyfriend and friends. Jungkook didn’t want to interrupt that. 

“What year are you?” 

Jungkook blinked, looking across the table when he realized that the question was directed at him. “I-I’m only in my first year,” Jungkook replied softly, trying to keep his excitement under control. Surely there was a visible flush across his cheeks. 

“So young,” Yoongi chimed, and he popped some beef into his mouth. “Are you into music? Or are you majoring in something else?”

Jungkook shook his head. “I can play some instruments, and I like to sing and dance,” He admitted, “but my major is graphic design.”

“So you do, like, logos and things?” Yoongi asked. 

“I can,” Jungkook said. “But I’m taking the degree so I can either design tattoos or work in animation.”

“I see,” Yoongi said with a soft smile. “Even though it’s probably not your ideal job, Hoseok is looking for a logo for his dance academy. If you wanted to design one.”

Jungkook glanced over at Hoseok who was smiling fondly at his boyfriend. He was completely smitten. 

“I-I can do it,” Jungkook assured him, and he turned his attention to Hoseok. “If you just let me know what you want, I’ll see what I can come up with.”

“We’ll pay whatever you think is fair,” Yoongi said. 

“What?” Jungkook looked at him again. “Oh, no. I couldn’t. I’m happy to do it. Really.”

That wasn’t a lie. His idol was asking Jungkook to make a design for his boyfriend. Yoongi hadn’t even seen Jungkook’s artwork yet, and he was already offering to let him create a logo for Hoseok. 

Yoongi clicked his tongue. “I guess I’ll have to decide when I see the design,” He said. “You shouldn’t offer your services at no cost when someone is willing to pay.”

“S-sorry,” Jungkook ducked his head in embarrassment. 

 “There’s no need to apologize,” Yoongi assured him. “You’ll get into the habit of charging for your services.”

It seemed that, before all things, Yoongi was a businessman. At least, that was the impression that Jungkook was getting. 

“Is he as awesome as you thought?” Jimin asked in a hushed voice. 

“He’s awesome,” Jungkook told him. “But I might be bias.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

Eunji and Bomi left earlier than usual this year, right after dinner. Seokjin made sure they left with the gifts that everyone bought for them, and they made sure they left the gifts they bought for everyone. Then it was time for the friends to gather around the Christmas Tree. 

Usually they would do a Secret Santa to see whom they would be buying the best gift for (other than their boyfriend/husband of course). That didn’t mean that they couldn’t buy other people a gift, it just meant that the person they drew would get the best gift from them. This year, Yoongi was Seokjin’s Secret Santa. He had bought Seokjin’s gift a few weeks ago, but he made sure to pick out something extra special for Jungkook, too, when he heard that the kid would be joining them. 

“This one is for Jungkook,” Seokjin said when he eventually made his way to the mixtape Yoongi had prepared. 

“Oh,” Jungkook said, and he accepted the gift. He was sitting on the opposite side of the room from Yoongi, which made it easy for Yoongi to watch his reactions. “Oh,” His face lit up, and he carefully tore the gift wrap open. It was an Agust D mixtape titled “Unreleased” that was a compilation of Yoongi’s favorite unreleased songs over the years. Most of which were made using studio space in Namjoon’s company. 

Jungkook was speechless as he flipped it over to see the track list on the back. When he looked up to catch Yoongi observing him, his cheeks flushed and he ducked his head in a silent thanks. Yoongi couldn’t stop grinning. The kid was adorable. It was cute having a fanboy as a part of their make-shift family, but Yoongi hoped that Jungkook would eventually start to see him as a friend rather than as his idol. 

 

Taehyung’s POV

Joshua didn’t want to stay for the movies. By now, he was pretending to be tired so that Taehyung would hurry up and take him home. Taehyung didn’t want to. Not only because he did want to watch movies, but because he didn’t want to ruin Jungkook and Jimin’s night. He was their ride home, and he knew that they didn’t want to leave early. Especially Jungkook. He probably wanted to spend as much time with his idol as he possibly could. 

“Come on,” Joshua whined, stomping his foot. “You told me that this would only take a couple of hours.” Joshua said. “I have to go to my parents in the morning, and I’d like to get some damn sleep before having to drive all that way.”

Taehyung wished that Joshua wouldn’t act like such a brat in front of all of his friends. It was embarrassing for him. “I told you everything that we do,” Taehyung reminded him, trying to keep his voice down as if it would keep anyone from listening in on them. “I’m Jimin and Jungkook’s ride home, so I can’t just leave.”

“Go on,” It was Yoongi to speak, and he didn’t look very impressed. He looked directly at Joshua, but he didn’t say anything to him. Taehyung could tell that he wanted to, but he didn’t say anything. He didn’t know why Yoongi didn’t say anything (because it was very much like Yoongi to say things unfiltered), but maybe he didn’t want to embarrass Taehyung even more than he already was. “I’ll take Jimin and Kook home after the movies if you want to go ahead and get out of here.” He looked at Taehyung while he spoke, a sympathetic tone in his voice. Yoongi was the only one of their friends that didn’t make Taehyung feel judged for being with Joshua. 

“Okay,” Taehyung said with a nod. He hated to be rude and leave early, but he didn’t have much of a choice.

He and Joshua grabbed their stuff, and they headed out the door after saying their goodbyes. 

 

Jimin’s POV

Jimin was glad that everyone was so welcoming to Jungkook and made sure he felt included. He thought it was super sweet of Yoongi to get him that gift that he did. 

“Did you have fun?” Jimin asked. Although he was invited anyway, he like pretending to be Jungkook’s company for the night. It meant that neither of them came without someone to leave with. 

“I did,” Jungkook said. He was still holding the mixtape that Yoongi gave to him. He hadn’t put it down since opening it. 

“Was it nice meeting Yoongi hyung for the first time?” Jimin asked. 

“He’s way cooler than I ever imagined,” There was a sparkle in Jungkook’s eyes as he spoke. 

He was adorable. The more time he and Jimin spent together, the more Jimin came to realize that. 

“He’s pretty cool,” Jimin said with a chuckle. 

“Are you two ready to go?” Hoseok asked after he and Yoongi had everything loaded into their vehicle. 

“Ready!” They both said together. 

The two of them loaded up in the back seat as Yoongi and Hoseok got into the front seat. “Do you want to listen to your CD on the way home?” Hoseok asked, looking back at Jungkook. 

“C-can we?” He looked at Yoongi. 

“I gave it to you for you to listen to,” Yoongi assured him, and Jungkook handed it over. 

While they spoke and get the CD going in the player, Jimin received a text from Taehyung telling him that Joshua would be staying the night at their apartment. 

“Damn it,” Jimin mumbled. 

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked. 

“Joshua’s staying at mine and Tae’s place,” He said as he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

“You don’t want to go home?” Jungkook presumed. 

“Not if he’s going to be there,” Jimin said. “And especially not if they are going to be ing.”

“I don’t blame you,” Jungkook said. “I don’t like that guy.”

“Me either.” Jimin agreed. 

“Hey, why don’t you stay the night at my apartment?” Jungkook suggested, his eyes beaming with hope. 

Jimin agreed to that all too easily. Anything was better than returning to his own apartment to hear Taehyung and Joshua either fight with each other or each other. 

So Yoongi didn’t make a stop at Jimin’s that night.