Coffee Love #1

Coffee Love (Season One)

Coffee Love #1 - A Coffee Love Intro
Date in Chapter: 2019 December 19

 

Intro

Whole Latte Love was perfectly located just south of the university campus. It was purposefully placed on a street with local businesses only, as Seokjin didn’t want to have to compete with larger chains for his customer base. That would have set him up for failure right from the start, and he was sure that he made the right decision. Since opening the café, Seokjin started a new chapter in his life. No, it couldn’t even be considered a new chapter. It was a whole new book getting filled with new chapters all the time. 

The first person to be added to what Seokjin liked to refer to as his “Seoul Family” was none other than Jung Hoseok. He came to the café 8 years ago, looking for employment to help him afford the ability to go to school. Hoseok asked to speak to Seokjin directly just after the “help wanted” sign was posted in the café window. He was hired on the spot, with no regrets to this day. 

The second person to enter the family was Namjoon. He showed up to the café in tears after he caught his girlfriend cheating on him with another woman. He has, since then, became Seokjin’s boyfriend and eventually his husband, so it worked out in the end. 

Yoongi inevitably became part of the group whether Seokjin liked it or not. Not only was he Namjoon’s best friend, but he became Hoseok’s boyfriend at some point for some reason. There was no getting rid of him. 

Taehyung and Jimin came together. They were roommates, and they were apparently childhood friends, too. Taehyung got a job working at the café, and Jimin took on the job of making sure Taehyung did his job. When Taehyung was there, Jimin was usually there, too. They were basically glued together. 

 

Jungkook’s POV

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Jungkook assured his mother before leaving home to come to Seoul.

It was his first time leaving home, and his parents were worried that he wouldn’t be able to survive without them. Jungkook didn’t know what there was to make a fuss about. He could cook, clean, and do laundry. And, besides all that, he’d be living with his brother in an apartment, so there was nothing to worry about. Right?

Well, the big city was something that this small-town boy was not prepared for. He had already gotten cash stolen from his pocket (unless he dropped it on the street somewhere, but really—what was the difference?), and people were trying to ask for money and hand him pamphlets and trying to get him to buy things on every street corner that he passed. It was a headache just to walk around here. 

He eventually learned to stop giving them the time of day. He was rounding the street corner just as another one was approaching him, and his attention was captured by a cute little building a little ways down the path. It was part of a much larger building, but it got its own entrance and decorations outside. 

As he walked closer to the pink and brown shop, he noticed that it was a café. “Whole Latte Love” were the words written across the top of it, and there was a cute llama character sipping a cup of coffee painted on the door. It seemed quiet, and Jungkook needed quietness. He opened the door and walked in. 

“Hello, and welcome to Whole Latte Love!” The barista behind the counter greeted him with a bright smile, and he walked to the register as Jungkook approached. “What can I get for you today?”

It was a little early in the afternoon, and Jungkook’s lunch break had just begun. He would need to be back at the university in an hour and a half for his next class, but he decided that he could have lunch here. 

“Um,” Jungkook looked at the menu that was hanging on the wall behind the barista, feeling overwhelmed by all of the options. If he was entirely honest, he wasn’t much of a coffee drinker. “What would you recommend?”

“What flavors do you like?” The barista asked, “Sweet? Spicy? Bitter?”

“Not bitter,” Jungkook made a face. “Anything but that.”

“Do you like milk teas? For the winter season, I have a special ginger milk tea option,” The barista suggested. 

“Okay, I’ll have that one.” Jungkook fished for his wallet in his pocket, but it was nowhere to be found. He hoped that he just left it at the apartment and that no one stole it. “A-actually, forget it. I forgot my wallet at home.”

“Have a seat,” The barista said, motioning to the stools next to the counter. “It’s your first time here, so I’ll let you have this one on the house as long as you promise to come back.”

Jungkook hated to accept the offer. His parents had always told him to be weary of people who do things that seem too nice, and this was probably one of those things. The ginger milk tea sounded fantastic, however, and Jungkook couldn’t leave without tasting it first. 

He nodded and took a seat on the stool. 

“Are you new here?” The barista asked as he went to make the drink for Jungkook. 

The barista seemed nice. Jungkook was socially awkward, but the barista was good at directing the conversation, so Jungkook always had something to say. 

“I’m from Busan,” Jungkook told him. “I’m hear for university, and this is my first year.”

“I recognized the accent,” The barista told him, and he set the drink in front of Jungkook, and Jungkook pouted with flushed cheeks. The barista chuckled. “Don’t worry. It’s cute, but be careful. People will try to take advantage of you if they know where you are from.”

“Yeah, I’ve been figuring that out for the past couple of months,” Jungkook said with a sigh, and he took a sip of the tea. It was actually better than he expected. “I’ve already had money stolen from me and gave some away to get some guy to stop following me. And now,” Jungkook patted his pockets again, seriously hoping that he left his wallet at home. “I’m pretty sure someone stole my wallet.”

“You know, if you’re looking for a job,” For the first time, Jungkook caught a glimpse of the barista’s name tag. Seokjin. “I’m always looking for friendly faces around here. It’s nothing fancy, but I pay fair wages. And there’s a free daily coffee in it for you.”

This wasn’t exactly the big break that Jungkook was looking for, but it was something, and certainly better than nothing. “Can I take an application home and think about it?”

“You certainly can,” Seokjin said, and he opened a drawer to pull an application out and hand it over. 

Jungkook looked the application over, smiling at the little llama and coffee graphic watermarks sprawled in random places on the sheet of paper. Instead of taking it home to think about it, he filled out the application right there and turned it in. After finishing his tea, he got up to leave. 

“I am not going to kiss you,” A young man said as he entered the café with another. “Practice with your boyfriend.” Without looking where he was going, he bumped into Jungkook. 

He was much shorter than Jungkook, and he wore a startled expression as he jumped back and looked up at him. “I’m sorry,” the boy said with a nervous laugh a slightly less thick Busan accent than what Jungkook sported, and he offered a quick bow before walking around Jungkook, to the register. 

Jungkook left from the shop and headed back to campus. It was almost time for his next class. 

 

Jimin’s POV

The most annoying thing about having an aspiring actor as a best friend was helping him rehearse for auditions. Most of the time it wasn’t anything that Jimin couldn’t handle. He usually just watched what Taehyung was doing and gave him a review. He hardly had to participate in the lines, but it was annoying when he did. Jimin wasn’t much of an actor, and he was way better at supporting his friend from the sidelines than actively practicing with him. 

This was the first time that Taehyung was auditioning for a role that would involve kissing, and he wanted Jimin to help him prepare. 

“Hyung,” Jimin said as they walked to the counter after Jimin accidentally bumped into a stranger who was leaving from the café. “Tell Taehyungie that it’s ridiculous for him to expect me to practice a kissing role with him when he has a boyfriend.”

Jimin climbed into the stool on the other side of the counter as Taehyung paid for their coffees. 

“Tell Jiminie that it’s just acting, and it’s not cheating,” Taehyung glared at his best friend. “Besides,” He looked back at Seokjin, “I already know how to kiss my boyfriend. I need practice kissing someone I don’t have feelings for.”

“You’re both right,” Seokjin said. When Taehyung sat on the stool, he didn’t have to climb onto like Jimin did. “Acting is not cheating, and kissing your own boyfriend isn’t likely the best way to prepare for that kind of role.” He walked over to the hot chocolate machine to prepare Taehyung’s drink. “That being said, if Jimin doesn’t want to practice with you, it’s wrong to make him feel obligated to do so.” He finishes preparing the drink before walking it to Taehyung. “On the other hand,” He set the drink on the counter in front of the boy. He gently Taehyung’s chin with a cheeky grin on his face. “I would be more than happy to help you prepare.”

Taehyung seemed to choke on his own saliva at the offer, and Jimin couldn’t help but burst out into a giggling fit. “B-but you have a husband,” Taehyung refused the offer. 

“But you said—”

“I know what I said,” He shut down Jimin’s argument. “I just wouldn’t feel right about kissing a married man.”

“What if the actor you have to kiss is married?” Jimin questioned, raising his eyebrow. 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at Jimin, and he sighed. “You have a point,” He looked at Seokjin again. “If you’re serious, then I suppose I have no reason to refuse.”

“Great!” Seokjin chimed, “Since you’re off tonight, come to my place after five, and we can rehearse.”

“W-with Namjoon there?” Taehyung stammered. 

Seokjin slid another drink in Jimin’s direction. “Namjoon will just be happy that I’m helping out a friend,” He assured the aspiring actor. 

Taehyung shook his head and released an awkward chuckle. “I-I’ll be there.”

Jimin knew that Taehyung has had a small crush on Seokjin since they met him. It was more an admiration-type thing than a love-type thing, but it was a crush nonetheless. So, Jimin understood the awkwardness. It was similar to the reasons he didn’t want to be the one practicing with Taehyung. 

“Now this is something I gotta see,” Jimin said, and he took a drink of his tea. “Can I come watch?”

“Of course,” Taehyung replied with a grin. “I need my critic to be there!”

Jimin smiled, and took another sip of his tea.

 

Hoseok’s POV

“I hate this,” Were the first words out of Yoongi’s mouth as he walked through the door of his and Hoseok’s shared apartment. 

Hoseok already had on his work uniform for the café, and he was grabbing his keys from the bowl as Yoongi walked through the door. 

“I know,” Hoseok gently grabbed Yoongi by the elbows, and he pressed a kiss to his forehead. “On the bright side, I’m off tomorrow.”

“Yeah,” Yoongi said with a pout. “For dance practice.”

“Nothing is stopping you from coming,” Hoseok chimed. 

Yoongi hardly ever visited Hoseok at work. It didn’t matter if it was at the café or at the studio, he rarely showed up. When he did, he liked to keep things professional. He would always say that it’s inappropriate to be romantic in the work place, but he didn’t seem to mind it when Hoseok came to his office and did romantic things. At least, if he did, he never said anything. And Yoongi was honest. Brutally honest. So, surely, if it bothered him, he would say something. 

“Sleep is stopping me,” Yoongi pointed out. “It’s been a busy week, and I have a lot to catch up.” He sighed. “I guess I’ll just have to see you when you get home.”

They had only been living together for a little over a month. Before moving into their shared apartment, their differing schedules were never the source of issue in their relationship. They would see each other when they had time, and that was that. The goal they both had in mind when moving in together was to be able to spend more time together. Other than the fact that they sleep in the same bed every night, it seemed that their time together hadn’t changed. 

“I guess so,” Hoseok was reluctant to agree. “I have to go now.”

Yoongi managed to get an “I love you” out just before Hoseok closed the door. 

He opened the door and peeked his head in again just long enough to return the sentiment, and he headed off to work. 

 

Taehyung’s POV

The apartment that he shared with Jimin was small, and it didn’t offer very much privacy. They both had their own rooms, but there was no soundproofing at all. Jimin’s room was the first down the hall, putting it right between the living room and Taehyung’s room. So, when he offered to go to his room to give Taehyung and his boyfriend a little privacy, Taehyung knew that he would be listening in. On purpose. Because that’s what he does. He’s protective over Taehyung, and he hates Joshua. 

“Talk,” Joshua demanded as Jimin’s bedroom door clicked shut.

The two of them were in the living room. Taehyung tried to push Joshua toward the couch, but he wouldn’t budge. He was already angry because Taehyung had texted him and told him that he had found someone to rehearse with. Joshua has offered on several occasions leading up to this, but Taehyung refused because he hardly considered kissing his own boyfriend to be a rehearsal. 

Now that Taehyung had found someone to rehearse with, Joshua was furious. He was standing outside of the apartment when Jimin and Taehyung came back together. 

“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Taehyung said, and he walked to the couch and sat. He didn’t care if Joshua joined him or not. He was going to need to sit down for this. 

“I want you to tell me why the you cant accept my offer to rehearse with you,” Joshua started, “But the instant someone else offers, you’re game. I’m your boyfriend for ’s sake. I should be the one supporting you.”

“That’s exactly what I’m asking you to do right now,” Taehyung said. “I’ve never kissed anyone without it meaning something while trying to make it seem like it means something, and Seokjin-hyung offered to help with that.”

“Seokjin?” Joshua questioned, and Taehyung’s jaw snapped shut. 

He forgot that he hadn’t told told Joshua who offered to rehearse with him. Joshua hated all of Taehyung’s friends, but Seokjin and Jimin in particular. He hated Jimin the most just because they were best friends and referred to each other as soulmates all the time. He disliked Seokjin a lot because Taehyung always compliments him on his looks. It’s not like he doesn’t compliment Joshua on his looks all the time. He always lets his boyfriend know how cute and hot and y he is. 

“No, I don’t think so,” Joshua refused. “Why do you want to practice with someone else so bad? Shouldn’t you want to kiss your own boyfriend?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes, and he hoped that Joshua didn’t see it. He stood from the couch and walked around the coffee table so that he was standing in front of the other. “I don’t need an excuse to kiss you,” Taehyung said, and he bent down to press a kiss to Joshua’s lips. “Of course I want to kiss you.”

Joshua cocked his eyebrow, and Taehyung knew that he was anything but impressed right now. “So you’re using acting as an excuse to kiss someone else?” He snapped. “I was being nice by letting you even audition for this role in the first place. I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to say no. You can’t practice with Seokjin.”

Taehyung sighed in defeat. He was tired of running in circles, so he gave up. He knew this argument wasn’t going to go anywhere. “Alright,” he sighed. “If it bothers you that much—”

Jimin’s bedroom door clicked open, and two heavy footsteps marched down the short hall. “He’s not asking you for permission,” Jimin snapped. “Taehyung has been out of work for over two moths because of your selfish, unsupportive . You are dating an actor. If you are going to keep holding him back, then you can take your through that door right there.” He pointed to the apartment door. “And don’t ever think about coming back.”

A moment of silence passed between the three of them before Jimin his heels and headed back to his room. Taehyung loved how protective he was, but he also wished that him and Joshua could just get along. He also wished that Jimin would learn when it was his place to in on arguments between Taehyung and his boyfriend.

“Fine,” Joshua huffed. “If it’s that important to you, you have my permission to rehearse with Seokjin. But don’t act like I never do you any favors.”

“He doesn’t need your permission!” Jimin shouted from his room. “And you’re not doing him any favors!”

“Do you want to come to the audition tomorrow?” Taehyung asked, ignoring Jimin for the moment. 

“I think I better,” Joshua said. “I have to make sure the other actors aren’t falling for you.”

It was supposed to be a joke, Taehyung was sure, but, with the current situation, it wasn’t very funny. 

“See you then, I guess,” Taehyung said, and he pressed a kiss to Joshua’s mouth. 

“Yeah. See you,” Joshua said, and he walked out of the apartment. 

 

Jungkook’s POV

Jungkook wasn’t expecting to get a call to start working so soon. He thought, for sure, he would have an interview first. Seokjin called him sometime after 4, however, and said that the girl who was supposed to be working that evening never showed up. He asked if Jungkook wanted to go ahead and start training today. That would mean getting a paycheck sooner, so Jungkook was definitely into that. 

Seokjin trained him for the first half hour. He explained that December nights tend to be fairly busy, so there would be someone else working with him tonight. That’s why he was only learning the register before Seokjin left, and his help for the evening would take care of the drinks. 

Seokjin stayed with Jungkook, making the drinks, until the help for the night walked through the door. Jungkook knew right away that the man who entered was an employee here because he was wearing the black pants and white shirt like Seokjin. Jungkook wasn’t told that he needed a uniform, so he came in what he was already wearing. Seokjin just gave him a Whole Latte Love apron when he got here. 

The man went into the office to clock in, and Seokjin went in to clock out.

“Hoseok will take care of you tonight, but feel free to call me if you need anything.” Seokjin said just before walking out the door. 

Jungkook turned around to face his co-worker when he heard the office door swing open. He froze, petrified for a moment because this face looked all too familiar to him. He had seen photos of this man posted several times to his idol’s social media accounts. Yoongi never referred to him by name, but he always called him “sunshine”. Their current relationship status was unknown, but fans all over assumed that they were dating. 

“You- you’re…” Jungkook said, breathless. 

“I’m?” The one Seokjin referred to as Hoseok said as he walked toward the coffee machines that Jungkook wouldn’t be using today. “I’m Hoseok. It’s nice to meet you.” He offered a polite bow. 

. Jungkook had been so caught up with the identity of this man that he had completely forgotten about his good manners. “I-I—my name is Jungkook,” He said in return, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He used the most formal form of introduction. 

Hoseok chuckled. “There’s no need to be so formal,” He said, and Jungkook rose up with a pink flush on his cheeks. “Save that for the customers.”

“Right,” Jungkook said. He had to find a way to ask this guy if he was Sunshine without being weird or awkward about it. Jungkook was Yoongi’s biggest fan, having followed him since his underground rapping days, and it was incredible to have someone possibly close to Yoongi standing right in front of him. “Do you know Min Yoongi?”

Well, that’s not how to do it. 

Before Hoseok could answer him, the bells on the door rang, indicating that their next customer came into the store. “Let’s take care of these guys first,” Hoseok said, “And then we’ll talk.”

They didn’t get a chance to talk for a while after that. Customer after customer came through the door, each ordering something warm for their shopping trip before leaving. A few customers decided to stay, but most left after receiving their coffees or teas. The café was too packed for everyone to stay, and Jungkook was surprised that a local café such as this one could have so much business. And he thought working here would be easy. 

“Yoongi hyung is my boyfriend,” Hoseok said when it finally died down a little. So far, Jungkook liked him. He was patient when Jungkook messed something up in the register, and he was able to deal with the more intimidating customers for Jungkook. He was quickly beginning to see why Yoongi always referred to him as sunshine. “You’re a fan?” He looked Jungkook up and down. “I’m surprised. You don’t seem like you’re into fashion.”

“I’m not,” Jungkook admitted, but he didn’t know why that mattered. Yoongi has a lot of fans who weren’t into fashion. They followed him because of his snarky comments on social media. “But I thought Yoongi was cool ever since his rapping days, and I just kept up with him ever since.” He sighed.

“Really?” Hoseok asked with a smile. “He wasn’t very popular back then.”

“But he was amazing,” Jungkook emphasized. “It’s too bad he doesn’t make music anymore.” He pouted. 

“He does,” Hoseok assured him. “He just doesn’t share them like he used to because he got tired of people stealing his songs. Sometimes he makes songs for my dance videos, though.”

“Oh.” As a creator, Jungkook knew what it was like to put all that time and effort into something and have it stolen from you. Jungkook sometimes shared his artwork online and would see it floating around later without credits to him. For big artists, such as those who create cinema animations and comic books, many people knew where the work came from when it was posted online. The same was not true for smaller, less well-known artists. But, there was something else that Hoseok said that caught Jungkook’s attention. “You’re a dancer?”

Not that Jungkook was surprised. He had the figure, and he moved like one, too. There was just something about a dancer’s movement that wasn’t like the movement of non-dancers.

“I am,” Hoseok replied with a grin and a sparkle in his eye, and Jungkook could tell that he was glad that was a detail that Jungkook paid attention to. “I actually have a small academy with a couple of classes.”

“Are—” Jungkook hesitated a little. It was so hard to find dance classes for experienced adult dancers. Most of the adult dance classes Jungkook had found in the area were for people who wanted to learn to dance. Jungkook had many years of experience under his belt, and he didn’t feel like starting over. “Are any of those classes for adults?”

“I have a crew,” Hoseok looked Jungkook up and down as he spoke. Suddenly he felt like he was being judged. “Are you interested?”

Was Jungkook interested? Was that even a question? “I mean, yeah,” Jungkook said, trying to keep the excitement from his voice. “It would depend on how much it’s going to cost and everything, though.”

Hoseok smiled, that same, enthusiastic glint in his eye. “I think my prices are reasonable,” Hoseok said, “But if it’s still too much for you, we can work out a lower price. It’s not a dance class, so you need to be good to get in. I’m having a practice tomorrow if you wanna come just to check it out and show me what you got.”

“Y-yeah!” Jungkook chirped. “I would love that.”

Hoseok nodded, and he grabbed a business card out of the little pouch that Jungkook just noticed hooked to his hip. “The address to the studio is on there,” He said. “We start at 7pm. Don’t be late.”

 

Seokjin’s POV 

“Sometimes it’s still hard to believe I married someone like you.”

Seokjin shot Namjoon a cheeky grin and a quick wink as he went to go let the kids in. He had already told Namjoon about his offer to help Taehyung rehearse, and Namjoon was cool with it. He was glad that Seokjin was helping out a friend, but he was going to be damned if he wasn’t there to watch. You know, to “keep an eye on things,” he said. 

Taehyung was pouting when Seokjin opened the door, and Seokjin could only assume that his boyfriend had something to do with it. He didn’t care, either. He was more concerned about the fact that Taehyung continued to let his boyfriend make him feel like that. 

“I hope you have popcorn!” Jimin cheered as he pushed his way inside. 

Namjoon was already sitting on the couch with a bowl in his lap. “I’ve got you covered,” He held the bowl up a little. Next to him on the couch was their St. Bernard dog Latte. 

“Great!” Jimin chimed and sat on the other side of Namjoon. 

Taehyung let Seokjin go over the script before they began. There was no words, because they would be playing background music over everything, so they just needed to act the parts out. That should be easy enough, but more awkward than what it would be with the words. 

When it came to the scene for them to kiss, Seokjin put his all into it. He was trying to be serious and make the experience enjoyable for Taehyung, but the younger ended up laughing. He bursted into laughter against Seokjin’s lips and backed away. 

“Cut!” Jimin called, as if he was directing this whole thing. 

“That was good,” Namjoon said. “But you could loosen up a little, Hyung.”

Hyung? Was he talking about Seokjin? The one who was not preparing for an audition?

“I don’t think you ever look so serious when you’re about to kiss me,” Namjoon pointed out. 

“He doesn’t,” Jimin shook his head. “And maybe try being a little slower and more passionate.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be critiquing Taehyung?” Seokjin snapped. 

“Oh, yeah,” Namjoon said. “Taehyung, you did great. Just don’t laugh this time.”

Seokjin huffed, and he shot his husband an irritated look. 

“From the top!” Jimin directed, and they started again. 

 

Namjoon’s POV 

“You know,” Namjoon said as he crawled into bed with his husband. He wrapped himself around Seokjin, a firm arm around the elder’s waist, and he propped himself up with his free elbow. “We are in an amazing place, you know that?”

A soft smile spread across Seokjin’s face and he placed a soft hand over Namjoon’s on his stomach. “We’ve been in an amazing place for a while now,” He said. 

“I know that, but” Namjoon bit his lip. He was trying to think of how to say what he wanted to say and make it sound how he wanted to mean. As good as he was with words, they were difficult for even him sometimes. “I just mean that I love the hell out of you. I’m happy with us. And I’m so secure about us that I can sit on the couch and watch you kiss one of our friends over and over again without getting jealous.”

“You didn’t even get a little jealous watching us?” Seokjin asked. He looked back and up at Namjoon, raising an eyebrow. “I mean, I was kissing a whole other person that wasn’t you.”

“Not one bit,” Namjoon’s lips quirked up into a smile. “Because a kiss is just a kiss. I love it when you kiss me because of why you kiss me. Without the why, it has no meaning. I’m not saying that you were kissing Taehyung without meaning, but the meaning was so different than why you kiss me. You can love your friends.”

“That is true,” Seokjin rolled a little more onto his back, so he could get a better look at Namjoon’s face. “But would you be okay with me having meaningless with someone? Just because it doesn’t have the same meaning as when I have with you?”

That was one thing that Namjoon loved about Seokjin. Namjoon was fairly philosophical, and past boyfriends and girlfriends alike have always hated that about him. On the other hand, Seokjin always engaged in the conversation when Namjoon would go off on any kind of tangent. He challenged him, and it never got boring. 

“Well, maybe not,” Namjoon said with a frown. “ is different.”

“What makes it different?” Seokjin wanted to know. 

Namjoon bit his lip in thought. He didn’t have an answer prepared for that one. 

“Maybe the level of intimacy?” Namjoon suggested. “ is a lot more intimate and personal than just kissing?”

“Is it?” Seokjin challenged. “I have had casual with friends before. I have never casually kissed friends until today.”

“I have, too,” Namjoon said, “But there was that level of intimacy and trust with anyone I’ve ever slept with. As for kissing, I wasn’t at that level of trust with you the first time we kissed. And you said that you made out with Hoseok once.”

“I was drunk,” Seokjin said with a chuckle, “But I see your point.” He pressed a quick kiss to Namjoon’s cheek. “Thank you.”

Oh? Was he feeling guilty about kissing Taehyung? Was he just looking to be reassured that Namjoon wasn’t hurt or jealous? 

“Anyway,” Namjoon needed to get back to his original point. Even if the moment was ruined, he still had this one thing on his mind, and he needed to say it before he backed out of the idea. “Since we’re in such a good spot, I was thinking. It might be time for us to start a family.”

Silence followed that statement. The room fell so quiet that Namjoon could hear Seokjin’s soft breath and the hum of the mini fridge in their room that Seokjin stored water in because his throat was always really dry in the mornings. 

“Hyung?” Namjoon whispered after a moment. 

“I’m sorry,” Seokjin said and he rolled over so that his whole body was facing Namjoon, “I’ve just been ready for this for so long. I was waiting on you,” he said and pressed a harsh kiss to Namjoon’s lips. “Yes. I want to. Let’s do it. We can talk about all of our options as far surrogacy and adoptions, and we can—”

“Okay,” Namjoon cut him off with a chuckle. “Let’s just start with a simple yes for now.”

“Yes,” Seokjin giggled happily, and he kissed Namjoon once more. “Yes. Yes.” He kissed him again. “I love you. And yes.”

Namjoon stopped him by pressing a few fingers to his lips as he tried to kiss him again. “Let’s sleep for now,” He said. “We’re going to need to get as much as we can before any baby gets here.”