Coffee Love #2

Coffee Love (Season One)

Coffee Love #2 - Little Celebration
Date in Chapter: 2019 December 20

 

Taehyung’s POV

The audition was early in the morning. Taehyung was expecting them to do call backs to narrow down the selection, but he was given the part on the spot. He ran out of the audition room, jumping and cheering, and Joshua sat there with a disheartened look on his face. Part of Taehyung felt guilty because he knew that he shouldn’t be taking a part that made his boyfriend jealous, but any part would make Joshua jealous. Taehyung just being happy around his friends made Joshua jealous. 

“Guess what?” Taehyung chimed, rushing into the café when he saw Jimin through the window. His friend was sitting at the counter, enjoying his afternoon cup of milk tea. 

“What? What?” Jimin asked, excited. 

“He got the part,” Joshua wasn’t as enthused. 

“I got the part!!” Taehyung screamed, jumping up and down, hands on Jimin’s shoulder. 

“Hey, hey, now,” Seokjin slid a cup of hot chocolate across the counter to Taehyung. “Watch your volume. And congratulations. This one is on the house.”

“Aw really?” Taehyung asked, pulling the cup to himself as he took a seat. 

“Everyone will want to come here when they find out it’s the famous Kim Taehyung’s favorite spot, so” Seokijn offers a cute smile. “Yes. Also, you’re working tonight.”

“I am?” Taehyung blinked in confusion. Last time he checked the schedule, he had the day off. “I didn’t think I was on the schedule until tomorrow.”

“Well, Eunji was a no-call-no-show last night because she was in the hospital after falling down the stairs and fracturing a rib, so I can’t make her come in tonight,” Seokjin informed him. “Hoseok has practice tonight, and our new hire is going to try out for the crew. You are the only one who can work.”

“But—” Taehyung looked over at Joshua and frowned. “We were going to go out and celebrate me getting the part.”

Seokjin looked between Taehyung and his boyfriend, and he sighed in defeat. “All right,” He caved, “You two go out and celebrate. I can close up the shop tonight.”

“I think you should work,” Joshua said, and Taehyung looked at him in shock. 

“Really?” There must have been something behind his words. 

“Sure. You get parts all the time, so we’ll just celebrate a different part,” Joshua said, and he pressed a kiss to Taehyung’s cheek. “I have to go to class, so I’ll see you later.”

“,” Jimin mumbled to himself as he took a sip of his tea. 

“I heard that,” Taehyung warned him. 

“If he doesn’t want to celebrate with you, we can go somewhere when you get off,” Jimin offered. “That barbecue place you like will still be open.”

“Yeah,” Taehyung said with a nod, and a soft smile. He was glad to have a friend like Jimin. No matter how many differences they had. “I’d like that.”

 

Namjoon’s POV

It was another busy day at the company. A few of the artists had a few last minute Christmas songs that they wanted to record, so Namjoon has been in a rush trying to hurry and get those out. Other artists who made an entire Christmas album would record during the summer, but some people had last minute plans to release something for the holiday season. 

After wrapping up a recording with his friend/ex-boyfriend, Jiho, Namjoon returned to his own office. He had been spending what little spare time he had today on the computer. He was trying to find reliable adoption agencies to have something to show Seokjin when they were both at home later this evening. He knew they would have to keep actively talking about this, or it would never happen. 

Most of the adoption agencies claimed to have long waiting lists, which was a little disheartening. That meant that it could be over a year before they ever got to actually adopt a baby. 

While Namjoon was reading up about another, a light tap came to his office door. He was expecting his father, the CEO of Bangtan Entertainment, to drop by his office, but he knew that couldn’t be him. He didn’t usually knock before entering Namjoon’s office, but when he did, it wasn’t soft like that. 

“Come in!” Namjoon called. 

It was Hyuna who opened the door. “Are you busy?” She asked as she peeked her head into the office. 

“Not at all,” Namjoon said, and he motioned for her to take a seat. 

Hyuna was one of the first artists to get approved into Bangtan Entertainment. She has been a part of the company for as long as Namjoon can remember, ever since she was a little girl. He was only a child at the time, too, and they grew up as good friends. Namjoon managed to be friends with most of the artists signed under the company, but there were few that he was really close to. 

“I’m just looking through adoption agencies,” Namjoon said. “Nothing work related.”

“Oh, you and Seokjin are finally going to do it?” She asked, her eyes glistened with excitement. 

Hyuna was married and a mother now. Her daughter was only nearing two years old. 

“Sooyoung could use another playmate,” She giggled. 

“Yeah, but I don’t think it’s going to be that easy,” Namjoon admitted with a sigh. “Most of the adoption agencies have long waiting lists. It could be over a year before we get a baby. And that’s if we’re lucky.”

Hyuna pouted, and she shook her head. “That’s so unfair,” She said, “It only takes nine months for the babies to be born.”

“Unfortunately neither of us are equipped to carry the baby,” Namjoon pointed out. 

“But you know people who are,” Hyuna reminded him. “Me, for instance.” She rubbed her belly. “It wasn’t so terrible with Sooyoung. I’d be happy to go through that again if it meant that my brother from another mother could have a baby of his own.”

“I couldn’t ask that of you, Noona,” Namjoon said. “Besides, wouldn’t you have to talk to your husband first?”

“So would you,” Hyuna stated with a small smile. “Besides, I’ve been thinking about this since the first time Seokjin asked you if you were ready to start a family with him. Hyojong and I have already had this talk.”

“I know you didn’t come here to talk about this,” Namjoon said.

“You’re right, but before I get to my point,” She said, “Promise me you will think about it. And you’ll talk to Seokjin. I don’t want you two to have to wait for years to get a baby.”

“I’ll talk to Hyung,” Namjoon promised. 

 

Yoongi’s POV

The only thing that Yoongi liked about Friday was the one to two hours between the time he got home and Hoseok had to go to his studio. Yoongi wished that the younger would quit working at the café, or at least cut his hours back, but Hoseok refused. “I couldn’t afford to help you out if I quit,” He would always tell Yoongi. 

Yoongi didn’t need the help. He needed someone to cuddle with at the end of a stressful day at work, having to deal with drama between his employees, and getting ed at from clients because their designs are running late or not what they were looking for. When Yoongi decided to expand his company and hire designers other than himself, he knew this was what he would be getting himself into. He just didn’t think it would be this bad. 

“I have to go start the car,” Hoseok said, and he pried Yoongi’s arms from around his waist.

It was cold outside, and, unlike Yoongi, Hoseok didn’t have a car with remote start. Which meant that the hour or two that he got to spend with his boyfriend between him coming home and Hoseok leaving, was always split with Hoseok having to go down and start his car. Yoongi knew that Hoseok wanted a new car, and Yoongi wanted to get him a new car. He also knew that Hoseok would be pissed if Yoongi just bought him a new car.

Before Hoseok had the chance to get up, Yoongi grabbed his keys from where he had placed them on the coffee table, and he pressed the button to start his car. “It’s started,” He wrapped his arms around Hoseok again and rested against the younger’s chest. “You can take my car tonight.”

“Hyung—”

“I don’t want to hear any complaints. It’s too cold to go out there and start the car, only to have to come back in while it warms up,” Yoongi insisted. “Also, I’m getting you a new car.”

Hoseok rolled over so that he was facing Yoongi, and he had a soft smile on his face. “Thank you,” He said, much to Yoongi’s surprise. Yoongi was expecting a complaint, but it turned out that even the stubborn Hoseok could accept help once in a while.

“There’s no need to thank me,” Yoongi mumbled, his cheeks flushing a light pink. He didn’t like people calling him out for being a good person. He wasn’t a good person. At least, he wasn’t always a good person. “I’m just doing what any boyfriend would do.”

Hoseok chucked and he shook his head. “No, you are doing what only the sweetest boyfriend would do,” Hoseok assured him. “I know. I’ve had some not-so-sweet boyfriends before.”

Yoongi knew that. Hoseok had talked to him about past relationships before, but it was always hard to hear it. He couldn’t imagine anyone treating Hoseok badly. He hated it enough when he wasn’t so good to Hoseok himself, and he knew that there were times like that. Their relationship wasn’t perfect. No relationship was.

“You only deserve the sweetest,” Yoongi said, and he pressed a kiss to the base of Hoseok’s neck.

“It’s a good thing I have the sweetest, then,” Hoseok pressed a kiss to Yoongi’s lips, and he rolled on top of him, pressing him into the couch. “I love you, Hyung.”

Yoongi tried to go in for another kiss, but was only met with disappointment as Hoseok got up off of him and off the couch entirely.

“I have to go, or I’m going to be late,” Hoseok said, and he slipped his jacket on.

“,” Yoongi said with a pout.

“Hey, I never claimed to be the sweetest,” Hoseok said with a wink and sticking his tongue out. “I’ll see you when I get home.”

“I’ll be waiting,” Yoongi hummed, and he pulled the blanket around himself as he snuggled back up on the couch. Even with a blanket, it was colder without Hoseok next to him, but he’d just have to deal with it for a couple of hours.

 

Jungkook’s POV

Walking into that café yesterday may have been the best decision Jungkook made since moving to the city. Not only did he finally find a potential dance crew to join, he also may have made potential friends with the owner of the café and the leader of the dance crew. Not only that, but the leader of the dance crew was the boyfriend of Jungkook’s idol, so it was possible (and maybe he was getting a little ahead of himself), but it was possible that he’d be able to meet Min Yoongi himself eventually.

Jungkook wore his usual fashion — a pair of jeans, timberlands, and a white shirt. For the cold weather, he slipped a red toboggan on, and he started to leave the apartment. It was one of the days that his brother was working late at the hospital, so he was also glad that he wouldn’t have to be by himself all evening.

He looked it up before leaving his apartment, and the bus would take him just a few blocks away from the dance academy where practice would be held at. It would have been nice to have a car so that he could drive himself to the building, and avoid walking in the cold in general, but Jungkook wasn’t rich enough to afford one on his own. He also didn’t have his license, so it wouldn't matter if he had the money.

The academy was a bit larger than Jungkook expected it to be. It was on the bottom floor of a large building, and it consisted of three different studios. He wondered if Hoseok owned the whole academy, or if he was just renting the one studio for practice and his dance classes.

Jungkook was just on time. He could hear the music coming from the studio where practice was being held. He pushed the door open and saw several dancers inside, and Hoseok standing in the back of the room, observing all of them. It was still a bit before seven, so they must have started early.

“You came!” Hoseok cheered, and he paused the music.

Each of the dancer’s stopped moving, and Hoseok walked up to Jungkook.

“We’re just doing warmups while we wait on one more dancer,” Hoseok told him. “You’re more than welcome to sit on the couch in the back and watch. Or you can participate.”

“Um, I think I’m just going to watch for now,” Jungkook said, and he walked to the back of the room. He took a seat on the couch, and Hoseok did a count before starting the music again.

It was thirty-seven minutes after seven when another dancer rushed into the room. Jungkook recognized him as the boy who bumped into him at the café yesterday. Now that Jungkook could get a better look at him, he’s cuter than Jungkook originally thought.

“Sorry, I’m late,” The boy said with a quick bow. “I lost my bus pass, and—”

“It’s okay, Jimin,” Hoseok said, and he motioned for Jimin to get into position.

The boy nodded, and he did just as he was instructed. That’s when practice would officially begin, and Jungkook could see just what this class had to offer. It turned out that Jimin was an important part of the team, which is probably why practice didn’t get serious until he showed up. He was the main and center dancer (along with Hoseok) in the song that they were practicing. All of the dancers were good, but Jungkook only found himself watching the one called Jimin. There was just something about the way he moved, and Jungkook couldn’t take his eyes off of him. He swears Jimin caught him watching at one point, and he offered a smile to Jungkook through the mirror.

After about an hour of them practicing, Hoseok looked at Jungkook. “Do you want to show us what you got?” He asked.

“Oh, um, sure.” Jungkook said, and he got up off the couch. He had wanted to join in during their practice, but he was too shy to just jump in, and he never saw the opportunity to ask.

“Any special requests?” Hoseok asked. “Song-wise?”

Jungkook requested Hoseok to play the same song they were just dancing to. He was going to dance Jimin’s part and show what he learned while watching them. He showed off what nearly fifteen years of dance experience had gotten him, and he examined their expressions at the end. They were nothing short of impressed.

“Wow,” It was Jimin to speak first. “You’re good.”

“Looks like you have some serious competition,” Hoseok said with a grin. “We could use another main dancer on the team. Particularly while Jaejoon is out due to his injury.”

“Oh,” Jungkook said with a frown. He was under the impression that there was a free spot in the dance class. He didn’t know that the spot currently belonged to someone who was only out temporarily. “Thanks, but I’m not interested in taking anyone’s spot.”

“Don’t worry about that,” Jimin said. “Jaejoon injured his leg in an accident, and he’s taking a few months off to heal. We have a few major shows coming up before he returns, so we’ve been looking for a replacement.”

“Then I’ll be kicked off when he comes back?” Jungkook tested. “Or taken down a notch?”

“Nonsense,” Hoseok said with a chuckle. “You leave the arrangement of the choreography to me. I always manage to work something out.”

“It’s true,” Jimin said with a grin. “So you’ll join right?”

How could Jungkook say no to that cute face? Based on what he heard when Jimin walked into the café the other day, it was possible that he wasn’t gay, but that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t be Jungkook’s friend. He was adorable, and Jungkook couldn’t refuse.

“I-I guess,” Jungkook said.

Jimin stuck around while Jungkook talked to Hoseok and signed up to be on the crew. Jungkook assumed that he had something to talk to Hoseok about, and he was waiting for Jungkook to get done. When they finished, however, it was Jungkook that he approached. “Hey, do you have any plans after this?” Jimin asked.

Jungkook shook his head. “My brother is working late tonight, so it’s just me, myself, and video games,” He said with a chuckle. “But I’ve cancelled on my games more than once before. I’m sure they’ll understand if you have anything more exciting in mind.”

Okay, Jungkook. Shut up now. You’re just beginning to sound like an idiot.

“I don’t know if it’s really exciting, so to speak,” Jimin said, biting his lip softly. “But my best friend just landed a role in a commercial, and I’m taking him out to celebrate. He loves company, so I really don’t think he’d mind if you joined us.”

Jungkook was glad that walking into that café was beginning to turn things around for him so quickly. He nodded with a smile. “I’d like that,” He said.

They left the studio together and started to head toward the café where Jungkook now works. Apparently that’s where Jimin’s friend works, too.

 

Namjoon’s POV

There was something magical about planning to start a family around the holiday season. Namjoon looked around their house, all beautifully decorated for Christmas, and he imagined what it would be like with a little one here. Someone to run around and destroy all the decorations because he or she is basically a little Namjoon, and it would drive Seokjin crazy. Or a little boy or girl to help Seokjin fix up all the decorations that Namjoon didn’t put up quite right because he or she is basically a little Seokjin and driven crazy by Namjoon.

Either way, Seokjin would be the one being driven crazy.

There were only a few more days until Christmas, and Seokjin had only just found the star that was supposed to be on top of the Christmas tree this whole time. It was bugging him that it was missing, and Namjoon offered to buy another. Of course, he wasn’t allowed to buy another one because Seokjin had bought that one specifically to go with the bobbles they were placing on the tree, and that particular star wasn’t one that you could find in stores anymore. If they bought a new star, they’d have to buy all new bobbles and decorations and start again.

“Just imagine,” Namjoon said as he placed the star on the top of the tree, “A little one helping us out with this next year.”

“It’s unlikely we’ll be able to adopt by this time next year,” Seokjin pointed out to him, immediately killing the mood. “Probably even less likely that we’ll be able to find a surrogate before this time next year, and, even if we do, the little one will probably be too little to actually help.”

Namjoon frowned. It wasn’t like Seokjin to be so pessimistic about something. “I thought you wanted to have a baby?” Namjoon questioned, raising an eyebrow. What had gotten into him since they talked about this last night?

“I do,” Seokjin assured him, “But I told my parents that you asked me if I wanted to, and I said yes. They then warned me that it might be hard for two fathers to be accepted by an adoption agency, and even more impossible to find a mother willing to give up her child to a pair of fathers. I just don’t want to get my hopes up.”

“Oh, well, if that’s all your worried, I may have found a woman willing to do it for us,” Namjoon said to his husband, and he turned around to face Seokjin instead of the tree.

“Who?” Seokjin seemed surprised. “It’s not Eunji, is it? She fractured her rib the other day, so I don’t think it’s a good idea for her to be carrying any babies.”

“No,” Namjoon said with a soft laugh. Even if Eunji didn’t have a cracked rib, she’d be last on the list of potential mothers Namjoon would be willing to consider. “It’s Hyuna.”

“Oh,” Seokjin said with an amused tone. “Oh.” He said again, and he bit his lip in thought. “That might work. Hyuna is nice, and she’s very pretty. Smart, too.”

“She’s talented and creative,” Namjoon pointed out, “She’s practically part of the family, and she already has a daughter, so she knows what pregnancy is all about.”

“Yes, but,” Seokjin sat on the couch. “Which one of us would be the father? That’s the question.”

“I was thinking you should do it,” Namjoon said, and he sat on the arm of the chair. “Like you said, Hyuna is pretty. Between the two of you, the baby would have no choice but to be gorgeous.”

“That is true, but you are handsome, too,” Seokjin said. If there was one thing that Namjoon liked the most about his husband, it was unwavering confidence about most things. “And smart. If it’s between you and Hyuna, the baby has no choice but to be a genius.”

“Then what if we both try?” Namjoon suggested. “I’ve heard of people doing it before where they mix the up so they don’t know who the father actually is.”

“That could work,” Seokjin said with a nod. “But,” He got up from the couch and headed to the kitchen. “Let’s think about it. We’ve still got a lot of planning to do before we go through with anything.”

 

Taehyung’s POV

“Aren’t you the one Jimin bumped into?” Taehyung asked when they were all at the restaurant. Jungkook and Jimin were both sitting on the other side of the table, with Jimin being the one to sit across from Taehyung. “Yesterday, at the café?”

Jungkook nodded. “That was me,” He said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Jimin said. “I can be a little clumsy sometimes.”

Now Taehyung can see why Jimin asked Jungkook to come here. You see, Jimin was usually a very shy and reserved person. He didn’t like talking to strangers, and it usually took Taehyung’s aid for him to be able to become friends with anyone at all. When it came to cute boys (which Jungkook was very much a cute boy), however, Jimin could be a little bit of a . He basically threw himself at them in hopes that they would love him, or even just him at the very least. It was a little selfish on Jimin’s part to invite Jungkook along for those reasons, but Taehyung wasn’t going to complain. Jungkook seemed sweet, and it was about damn time Jimin found a sweet one.

“You seem a little familiar, though,” Jungkook said to Taehyung. “I mean, other than seeing you at the café yesterday.”

“Ah, well, that would make sense,” Taehyung said with a grin. “I’m an actor. You might have seen me in VT toothpaste commercials? Or as Hansung in Hwarang?” Taehyung suggested.

Jungkook shook his head. “I don’t watch commercials, and I haven’t seen that drama,” He said with a pout.

“He also did some modeling for Suga Styles when he needed a little extra cash and he couldn’t land any roles,” Jimin pointed, and Taehyung shot him a warning glance. “What? It’s true.”

“Ah, that might be where I’ve seen you,” Jungkook said. “It’s cool that you’ve worked for Min Yoongi before.”

“I wouldn’t really say I worked for him,” Taehyung corrected. “My boyfriend was just never happy with any of the roles I got, so it kept me from finding work. Yoongi hyung knew I needed the money, and he gave me a few gigs as an excuse to help me out.”

Taehyung didn’t like pouring this kind of stuff onto people he just met, but he got some feeling that Jungkook would be around for a while. And an even stronger feeling that Jungkook could be trusted, and Taehyung was a good judge of character. He had never been wrong. It’s how he knew that he and Jimin would be such good friends despite all of their differences.

“He sounds like a great person,” Jungkook said, fond.

“He is,” Taehyung agreed. “He doesn’t like everyone to know it, but he takes care of his friends.”

“So do you guys hang out—” Jungkook stopped in the middle of his question, and he shook his head. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t fanboy right now. It’ll make this evening awkward.”

“It’s okay,” Jimin chimed with a chuckle. “It’s cute.”

Jungkook flushed at Jimin’s comment, and Taehyung decided that it was, indeed, time to change the subject. “So, what are you studying in school?” He asked.

“I’m currently going for a graphic design degree,” Jungkook said. “I can’t decide if I want to be a tattoo artist or an animator, but that major should set me on the right path for either one of those.”

“Ah, well if you become an animator,” Taehyung chimed in with a proud smile on his face, “I’m wanting to dabble in voice acting, too. So I can help you if you ever have any projects to work on.”

The conversation carried on from there, and it was an effort for Taehyung to keep Jimin from flirting with Jungkook all night, but he managed.