EP. 5 : Thus Life Commenced

No You No Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, the following week. Happy Irene Day?

 

Irene was doomed. They entrusted her with Sana. And she didn’t even trust herself.

 

The first and biggest problem was not only could Irene not speak japanese- Sana could also not speak korean.

 

Usually Monday’s were her rest days. Her days of peace and quiet. The only day where the house would be finally empty and sedate.

 

But Sana wanted none of that.

 

“YAAAHHH SANA!!” Irene yelped as the Satan the III pulled out yet another no longer neatly arranged book from the shelf- proceeding to chuck it away- shaking her head every time she added to the pile of mess she created.

 

“Stop throwing books!” Irene scolded, finally getting Sana to look at her.

 

“BOOK!” Sana repeated the korean word, making a silly circle motion with her hands.

 

“N- nani?” Irene asked in the only japanese she knew- Yeri and Heejin said it often, the both of them constantly hogging the TV to watch Naruto on repeat. And with the new Boruto series-Heejin was probably going to appear sooner or later.

 

Those two were obsessed.

 

“BOOK!” Sana suddenly said aloud, seemingly trying to form a sentence.

 

“Big book,”

 

Irene appreciated Sana’s effort to speak Korean- truly, from the bottom of her shallow heart- but-

 

What the ?

 

“Word,” 

 

Oh great it’s english now.

 

“Korean word,” Sana held one had up, meeting her fingers together, imitating a chef's kiss

 

“Japan word,” she brought her other hand up, making the same weird hand thing.

 

She brought the two hands together, trying to put the two kisses together.

 

“Big book,” and we’re back to Korea.

 

Oh- wait- did Sana mean-

 

“A dictionary?”

 

Sana just shot her a look of confusion.

 

Oh- she still doesn’t understand korean. How on earth could Irene forget that? So Irene pulled out her phone, shaking her head as she opened the site crafted by god and blessed by the angels; Papago.

 

Irene typed in the word ‘dictionary’ in the korean box, quickly flipping it to japanese. She turned the phone towards Sana, who squinted at the writings at first, but her face lit up when she read the japanese writings.

 

“Yes!!! Dictionary!” Sana jumped up and down, shaking Irene in the process.

 

“Okay, okayyyy please calm the down ma’am,” Irene said, holding Sana by the shoulders to steady her.

 

“Let’s go,” Irene said as soon as Sana calmed the down- grabbing her wrist and yanking her into Yeri’s room. I mean, Irene remembered Wendy’s instructions to be gentle with Sana, but Irene was going to raise Sana the way she raised the rest of them (except for Joy, Irene doesn’t have a daughter like her) which was rough and involved a whole lot of yanking and chokeslams.

 

Yeah don’t ask.

 

They trudged into Yeri’s room, Irene pointing to the rack, which Sana got immediately- searching through the levels for Yeri’s dictionary.

 

Yeri was the only one in the house who studied japanese formally with like an actual super scary sensei and workbooks. Which surprised Irene, since that child was either studying or hanging out (read: wrecking havoc through Jendeuk’s café) with DubChaeLi. So Yeri was bound to own at least a pocket dictionary for Sana’s language.

 

Irene walked up to Yeri’s bag, which she didn’t bring to class for whatever strange Yeri reason. She looked through the very little papers in the bag, a bunch of scribbles and mathematic equations and graphs that Irene couldn’t process at the moment. As she looked through the paper, pulling them slightly out if she saw any hints of japanese, a single printed photo came flying out, Irene inspected it.

 

“Oh my god Yeri what the ,” Irene didn’t know how many times she’s said ‘what the ’ today.

 

The picture was of Yeri’s one and only, Saeron. And said one and only was dressed in only , which had a little bunny tail which highlighted her - though her expression was cute, complete with bunny ears. But god Irene did not need to see that. Irene huffed and rolled her eyes, moving towards the photo to retrieve it and put it back into the deep depths of Yeri’s bag- where she assumably kept the rest of her sins. 

 

But Sana beat her to it.

 

“YAH MINATOZAKI NAOOOOOOO!” Irene screamed out in horror, falling to her knees the horror of polluting Sana’s mind causing Irene’s head to spin, Sana examining the picture with such interest and detail.

 

This house was probably a mental asylum by this point.

 

Sana grabbed Irene’s phone, opening it to find the translator app, she oressed the button and spoke into it, her japanese shy and timid as she finished her sentence.

 

“Can I take one like this for Windy?”

 

WHAT THE FRICKITTY FRACK TIC TAC ZIG ZAG LUMBERJACK IKEA RACK-

 

“She has a lot of pictures of Rosie like this in her phone,”

 

“NO!” Irene screeched as she snatched away her phone from Sana’s grasp, who pouted as she put down the photo, Irene hurriedly tossing it into the depths of Tartarus- aka Yeri’s bag.

 

Sana simply shrugged, handing Irene a thick green book instead.

 

Korean-Japanese-English Dictionary.

 

“You want me to teach you?” Irene put what just happened at the very back of her mind, motioning towards Sana and back to herself.

 

Sana nodded and yanked her outside of Yeri’s room, bringing her towards the dining table in the kitchen, Sana spun around the house, grabbing random things of shelves and racks as Irene watched her with a mix of curiosity and fear that she’d tear the home apart. But she didn’t, and she tossed all the stuff she had collected on the table- which consisted of pens and papers and other things that would prove useful in a classroom.

 

Irene stared at the items while Sana looked at her expectantly, and an idea in Irene’s head clicked.

 

“English?”

 

“English,” Sana replied firmly, confident in her words- though it sounded more like engrish than usual. Who was Irene to judge?

 

———————

 

Irene was judging.

 

Mostly because despite Sana’s overconfidence in english- she barely knew the alphabet. Well, she did- but it seemed like the korean characters were confusing the heck out of her.

 

It took Irene a full hour to explain that ㅂ could be B and P- and she hadn’t even got to ㄱ yet. They were at the dining table, flipping through some flashcards common used for babies- something Irene picked up at the convenience store when they went on their ‘i give up on this’ runs to the store. They’ve watched multiple SNL 3 minute girlfriend videos and have streamed almost all the SNSD songs in the world + translations and Sana was only making progress up to Wendy’s height- which was well- not a lot. At least Sana has managed to spell Irene’s name.

 

Did Irene teach her to write her own name? Of course not. Irene was a smart girl.

 

“I’m going to the store again,” Irene sighed as she fell back into her seat, standing up as soon as she did- about to leave for more cheese tofu when Sana  suddenly said-

 

“With you- i will go!” Sana said in full korean- sounding like a korean Yoda but it was progress Irene thought she would never achieve.

 

“Hey! YOU! HOLY- HAHAH! I AM THE GURU! THE MASTER OF LANGUAGES! Let’s go Satan, i’ll buy you some- uh- chips? You like that Satang?”

 

“Squish bears!”

 

“G- gummy bears?” Irene questioned, tilting her head slightly.

 

“Squish bears!”

 

“You mean gummy bears,”

 

“Squish bear.” Sana growled and Irene just held her hands up in defense, but it didn’t stop her from correcting Sana again.

 

“Gummy. It’s gum-my bear,” Irene said for the last time. And Satang pouted, suddenly lunging forward and wrapping her arms around the older girl, who tried to squirm out of her embrace.

 

Sana only pouted, keeping in mind that she’d still say squish bear all the time. Just to piss Irene off.

 

“Okay Satang- let’s go to the store, i’ll get you all the gummy bears you want for being a good girl,” Irene said as Sana wrapped her hand around Irene’s pinky finger, which Irene found quite cute so she just went with it.

 

The duo trudged through the apartment building coming to a stop at the family mart at the bottom of their apartment. The shiba immediately rushed into the store, ransacking everything in search for the gummy bears.

 

It would’ve been adorable- if Sana wasn’t making an absolute mess in the store.

 

“MINATOZAKI STOP!” Irene rushed by the younger girl, yanking her from the shelves as the shiba pouted, still wanting to rummage through the shelves.

 

“But its fun,” Sana said as she reached out for the choco bars, but Irene had an iron grip on the blonde’s waist.

 

“Is everything okay- holy sh- Irene!” The shopkeepers son- Seokjin suddenly appeared from behind the other rack, his eyes going wide as he saw the mess in front of him.

 

Jin and Irene have known each other for as long as Irene had lived here. Jin wasn’t a college student, but he worked hard in his father's chain of business, and even helped Irene move in on the first day she moved in- when her apartment was still empty and not filled with four other noisy satans. Jin kept her company on those empty days at the apartment.

 

Yeah Jin was a good guy. Contrast to his brother- Yoongi, who constantly bothered everyone in the goddamn building- Mina often was his target, which is why the younger girl sometimes despised having to come pick up Chaeng.

 

“Hi Jin- sorry- was supposed to get some gummies for this baby beast- but she went a lil’ wild,” Irene said through a toothy grin.

 

“Oh- no problem- but do you need help?” Jin said with a slight chuckle, beginning to pick up all the chocolates from the floor.

 

“Satang! Help him!” Irene shoved the girl forward, Sana scrambling on the floor, hastily helping Jin pick up the fallen chocolates.

 

The satang pouted as she stood up once again, shoving the chocolates onto Jin’s hands.

 

“Sana! Don’t be an ! Sorry Jin- she just really wants gummy bears,” Irene sighed as she grabbed Sana’s wrist, pulling her towards the section where the gummy bears were placed.

 

Jin stood there blankly, but he suddenly shoved the loot of choco bars onto the shelf, figuring he’d put them in place later.

 

“Irene?” Jin called out as he followed the sounds of the footsteps.

 

“Yes Jin?” Irene turned her ethereal face to look at the man.

 

“You can have the gummies for free,” Jin said with a sheepish smile.

 

“FREE!” Sana exclaimed, grabbing a loot of Haribo gummies.

 

“YAH MINATOZAKI ONLY TAKE ONE!” Irene huffed as she turned back to Jin.

 

“Here’s the pay- next time if you want to pay for me- take me on a proper date?” Irene placed a wad of cash onto Jin’s hand.

 

The older girl rushed out of the store, trailing behind the wild shiba, who had gotten a rather large head start.

 

Jin stood there, staring at where Irene had last stood.

 

“D- date?”

 

———————————-

Maybe Wendy had been searching up a certain shiba for the past few hours.

 

She’d been juggling classes from hour to hour- but she couldn’t seem to focus completely.

 

Kenta Minatozaki Passes Away In Unexpected Car Crash After Private Holiday.

 

It was dated 13 years ago, 2006.

 

Lord Kenta gone- what does this mean for the Minatozaki Dynasty?

 

The rule of Kenta ends- citizens mourn the end of his reign.

 

Katashi Minatozaki Proclaims Throne- what do the people say?

 

So it was no joke- Sana was the princess of Japan. They lived at the Osaka Palace, but there was no report of any missing princess- except for one- even that one was buried at the very bottom of the news section, by an unreliable source.

 

[FORUM] Why haven’t we seen Lord Kenta’s daughter- Sana Minatozaki for so long?

 

user exoexo101 wrote……

 

Don’t you think it’s strange how after the accident, we never saw Kenta’s daughter again? I mean- he’s her only daughter! There were no reports of her death either. But the princess wasn’t even at his funeral!

 

user shyshyshy23 wrote……

 

Maybe she faced some trauma? Or some extreme injuries that made her forget everything? We never know what goes on behind those thick palace walls.

 

user amberlews wrote……

 

What if the accident caused her face to turn super ugly? So she can’t show her face outside of the palace anymore?

 

Wendy cringed at that one, cursing whoever thought Sana was ugly. Have they even looked at her face? Disgusting.

 

user sockgin wrote……

 

Yeah, maybe she is waiting for her one true love to save her from the palace……….

 

user exoexo101 wrote……

 

or maybe…….. Katashi trapped her there…….. to erase anything that could trace back to Kenta?

 

user sockgin wrote…….

 

That’s wild dude- some serious family conflict if that’s what is going down.

 

user shyshyshy23 wrote

 

Let’s just hope we see her again soon- she was adorable….

 

2013



Adorable indeed.

 

Wendy continued her stalking- it seemed as if Kenta’s wife- Sana’s mother married Katashi after her husband passed. Which seemed fishy, but it was just royal stuff I guess.

 

Wendy continued to search up Sana, finding more articles about how cool Katashi was, she found a whole bunch of formal pictures with Sana, Mina appearing in some with her ‘helper’ clothes, which were still Gucci despite everything. There was also another woman- assumably Mina’s mom, who also seemed to be a servant of the castle.

 

She finally spotted Momo after a few moments of scrolling, but the dancer wasn’t next to Sana, she was next to Katashi, smiling her face off as she held an M17.

 

“Don’t let Momo come here again,”

 

“Katashi trapped her there,”

 

Wendy was racking her brain trying to put one and two together while Mr. Lee yapped about his lecture- mostly repeating things about lighting from the previous lesson. The guy was old and forgetful, so he commonly gave the same lectures every time.

 

Wendy needed to talk to Momo- or should she talk to Mina? Wendy was at a loss. She continuously scrolled, but her eyes widened at a certain photo, a group of princesses- all huddled together in a formal style. The princess of Taiwan had a lively smile, but it was another girl that caught Seungwan’s eyes.

 

—————————-

 

“Lisa?” Jennie called to her employee, who was staring into the distance at her spot near the cashier.

 

“Yes Sajang- Jennie. Yeah Jennie?” Lisa said with a slight stutter, the older girl chuckling at the younger girls antics.

 

Jennie was stinking rich.

 

She didn’t stink- she actually smelled like Chanel N’5 most of the time- but the point Lisa was trying to get across was that Jennie Kim was damn rich.

 

Jennie was a well-known pastry chef and specialised in pastries- it began when she studied in New Zealand and went back and forth between France and New Zealand. Her family lived in Paris all the while she was building herself in Korea. In all honesty, though many saw Jennie Kim as the princess of the Kim’s, Lisa knew Jennie was more of a queen than Lisa could ever be.

 

Jennie Kim. How would one describe her?

 

A pain in the kind of boss when she’s in the office, always making sure stocks were on time and meetings were scheduled. It didn’t help that Jennie Kim was aso heir to one of the biggest fashion lines in the world- KIM. A competitor to the Kardashian brand, to say Jennie had a lot on her plate was an understatement. Her mother was counting on her every move to ensure that their company wasn’t going to plummet out of the sky.

 

Fashion and pastries.

 

What a woman.

 

Why she chooses to spend her time in the smallest yet busiest branch of the Jendeuk’s Café line- Lisa never really understood. But since Jennie was here, she decided all was well.

 

“Do you want to close up for awhile? You’ve been starting early and going back late for like- almost a week now- aren’t you tired Lice?” Jennie said with concern laced in her tone.

 

“Sorry ma’am- but im paid by the hour- my boss might get mad anyways,” Lisa said with a light chuckle as Jennie rolled her eyes playfully.

 

“I can assure you that your boss will not mind at all- as a matter of fact-she’s inviting you to go out with her,” Jennie said smoothly as she inched closer to Lisa, grabbing her wrist lightly.

 

“Run away with me?” Jennie asked with a broad smile, her eyes turning into cresents- causing Lisa’s fragile heart to shake rapidly. 

 

“Jennie-” 

 

“Call me Jen, Lice, you’re still so awkward- you’ve been working here for like- years! Please loosen up around me Lisa-yah,” Jennie requested, a small pout appearing on her face.

 

“I- its just- you know- you’re like- rich and like- famous and like- super talented- how could i just casually- loosen up?” Lisa said in a rushed tone- out of breath as she finished explaining why she never made a real move towards her boss.

 

“Then don’t think of that- i’m just Jennie, your co-worker,” Jennie held out her hand, the most welcoming smile on her face.

 

“So i’m asking you again- run away with me Lice?” 

 

“Who am I to say no?” Lisa yanked the shorter girl’s hand, walking out of the humble yet sleek café flipping the sign that said open around so that it would say closed.

 

“Where you wanna go boss?” Lisa said, and Jennie tapped her foot for a moment, thinking hard about where to go.

 

“Park?” 

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“God please not that girl i’ve had to bake 30 bagels for her and her only,” Jennie said as Lisa let out a slight chuckle, walking towards the exit of the university towards Gwanaksan park.

 

As the duo walked towards the park, talking about how cute the pugs in front of 7-Eleven were, Lisa caught sight of a familiar writing in a more than familiar language.

 

“Is that the japanese authority?” Lisa squinted at the van that had japanese writings on it.

 

“Japanese Royal Army,” Jennie read the writings aloud.

 

“Why would they be here?” Lisa questioned, the worry on her face evident.

 

“Why are you so worried? You didn’t cause trouble in Japan did you?” Jennie teased, but Lisa didn't loosen up.

 

2012

 

“Lisa what are you doing here?” The fellow 97 liner had a hardened expression as she saw the thai beauty roaming around in the basements of the Japanese palace.

 

“Just looking around Tang. You know the deal,”

 

“Lisa. If he finds you he’ll behead you,”

 

“It’s chill, this country needs Thailand. Everybody needs Thailand,” Lisa joked, but the one nicknamed Tang just pushed her up the stairs.

 

“What are you even doing here Tang? Aren’t you supposed to be in the kitchens with your mama,”

 

“I need to stop-“

 

The two were interrupted by a loud scream coming from the edge of the dark corridor.

 

“Tang what was that?!” Lisa called out.

 

“Run Lisa run! Before papa comes out!! Ru-“ Tang screamed but it was to late, papa opened the large metal door, the creaks 

 

“Mi- who is that? Orange hair- Is it the Thai scum?!” The large scary man growled at Lisa, who was shooting Tang a look of fear as papa closed in on the oranged haire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter