4th (fin)

The Four Times I Fall But You Didn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that incident I became more distant to my dad knowing he's having an affair. I kept that information to myself as I don't want to hurt my mom. I skipped school for 3 days and I came back as if nothing happened. I forced myself to be the old me. I became as cold as ice to everyone except to chaeyoung, dahyun, jeongyeon and of course sana. I spent my days not thinking about anything and seriously that's the best decision I've ever made.

I started to keep in touch to my childhood friends and also to catch up. They're still the same especially jihyo. She's my closest friend before. We always message each other now but I don't think we have a decent conversation as we only tease each other. It was fun always talking to her. I always feel like I'm going back to the past, the past that I don't have any worries.

Have I told you that she's cute? Even her height is cute. Don't get me wrong. I only see her as a friend, nothing more. And she knows that I have a very complicated love life right now. That's why she always tries to cheer me up and never once she failed in doing so.

When I went out with jihyo it was really fun. I didn't know I can talk a lot or maybe because I just really miss hanging out with her or she's just really comfortable to be with. Whatever the reason for it, I'm happy to be able to talk to someone who can understand my feelings well. She's a blessing. When we were at a café she suddenly asked for my phone and I gladly give it to her though I'm confused why. I only look at what she is doing when she suddenly told me to move at her side which I did and she told me to smile nicely and then she took a photo of us. It turned out really well. She used that photo as my wallpaper and then told me, "Thank me later." I don't really get her so I just nodded my head as a response.

It was our last year in high school and I'm waiting for sana at the cafeteria. I keep my gaze at my phone 'cause I'm exchanging some nonsense messages with jihyo and that makes me grin like an idiot. I didn't even notice that sana was already sitting in front of me not until she flicked my forehead.

"Ouch! What the heck?!?" I groan while touching my forehead.

"Why do you keep on grinning like an idiot?" She said irritatingly

"I was just texting with someone."

"You dating someone now?" she asked me with her one eyebrow raised.

"No. She's just a friend. A special one." I answered quickly while smiling.

It's true though. Jihyo is really special to me just like sana though not really romantically.

"And why are you alone? Where's your knight and shining armor?" I asked her diverting the topic

She look at me with an unreadable expression before saying, "We broke up."

I didn't know what to answer to that and I also don't know what to act and feel so I just gave her an "Oh" expression.

"It's okay. Let's eat shall we? I'm already hungry." She said while giving me a small smile.

"Okay. Today it's my treat so just sit there and let me order for you." I said smiling.

Nope, I'm not celebrating that they finally broke up. Even though she said it's okay and giving me a smile I know she's hurting inside. Treating her for lunch is the only thing I can do for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter