Chapter 6

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took about an hour and a half the trip to the city. Sakura called Minjoo that she’s finally coming home due to some circumstances. Yujin rushed her to the hospital to have her scanned for broken bones and to tend to her wounds properly.

 

Gladly, she has no serious broken bones, just a fracture to her left shoulder. She was confined to the hospital for the time being. Half an hour after, a panicked-driven Minjoo came in. As much as Sakura and Yujin were surprised to see her, Minjoo was also surprised to see the both of them together. But, moreover she was relieved to see Sakura without any major damages.

 

“I’ve already told you that I’ll be home by tomorrow evening, why the sudden appearance?” Sakura asked while Minjoo was offered by Yujin a seat next to Sakura’s bed.

“Could you blame me? I was really worried that I had to look for an immediate flight to get here! Thank God Yujin was there with you. You’re even luckier she’s a doctor,” Minjoo replied complimenting Yujin a little that made the doctor low-key blush.

 

The three of them chattered about what happened in the mountains. Yujin felt nostalgia. It was a long time ago when the three of them were that comfortable.

 

Back then when Sakura and Yujin were still a couple, Minjoo tend to third wheel to some of their dates since they all go to the same university. Nevertheless, Minjoo was the kind one for a third wheel that whenever they go out, they looked like a group of friends just hanging around.

 

While in a relationship with Sakura, she also earned a friendship with Minjoo casually talking about stuffs they have in common. She would also get some a little bit too much info about Sakura as a bonus if she ever wants to surprise her girlfriend.

 

That’s why when her relationship with Sakura ended, she never had the chance to talk to the latter’s bestfriend as well. Minjoo even confessed while they were chatting that out of all Sakura’s exes, she bet a lot on her. Much to the doctor’s delight, she just thanked her then tease a little about having a crush on her also before. Minjoo blush a little that Sakura caught on sight making her grin then mischievously joking Yujin and Minjoo about it and saying to date out of the blue which they banter about afterwards.

 

A knock interrupted their chatter.

 

“Come in,” Yujin said.

 

As if fate was really mocking Sakura, Chaeyeon emerged from the door with a bouquet of Asters and a basket of fruits. The resounding laughs died almost immediately that was replaced by an awkward silence.

 

“Uh, I better get going. See ya’ Sakura. Get well soon. I’ll visit you again,” Yujin said awkwardly, breaking the silence before making her way out of the door. She kept her gaze down that she didn’t notice how Chaeyeon glared at her.

 

When the door closed, it was Minjoo’s turn to speak, “Um, sorry Sakura. I forgot to mention that I called Chaeyeon.”

 

“Oh?” Of all the things Minjoo forgot, it was about Chaeyeon.

“I-I better get going too. I forgot to ask Yujin that I’ll handle things instead for you here in the hospital. See you. I’ll be back later, don’t worry,” said Minjoo with an apologetic look.

 

Finally, it was only the two of them. Chaeyeon arranged the flowers on a vase without a word. Sakura felt like the awkward silence was crushing her.

 

Chaeyeon put the fruits on her bedside table, also without a word.

 

“What do you want?” she asked.

 

Sakura realized how much she missed her voice. But she didn’t miss the tint of sadness in that.

‘You caused that, you know? She’s sad right now because of you,’ a voice in her head said.

 

“I’m fine with anything,” she said barely audible.

 

Chaeyeon peeled an apple, sliced i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter