Chapter 3

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m surprised to see you here ‘would-be’ Mrs. Lee,” said the person who Sakura just saw standing in front of her.

 

“E-eunbi?! What are you doing here?” Sakura said being flustered.

“Well… I’m the owner of this resort so that’s why I’m here?” replied Eunbi.

“O-Oh, I didn’t know that. Pardon me.”

“Naah, its fine, by the way, I thought that you’re expected to be here with your supposed-to-be wife and yet…”

 

Eunbi stared at Sakura and that made her feel a little bit nervous. She knew that one of her ex-girlfriends would immediately know about what happened amid her supposed to be Wedding Day with Chaeyeon.

 

She, meeting Eunbi, may be one of the signs for her fate to completely change.

 

“And yet… you’re here all alone making your own so-called ‘honeymoon’,” said Eunbi teasingly.

 

“Insulting me and making me feel a lot worse?” Sakura asked irritably. She thought that having a little bit of travelling would make her feel better but now, this?

 

“Woah, easy there, I didn’t mean anything. I was just joking because you really look serious right now. You should be enjoying your stay here though,” Eunbi said then she smiled.

 

“It’s your fault. You said something that I wanted to reflect on,” Sakura then sulked.

“About Chaeyeon?” Eunbi asked.

“W-Well, yeah.”

 

A moment of silence occurred to their sudden conversation. Sakura just stared to the open air again reminiscing what happened between her and Chaeyeon. It made her feel lonely.

 

Eunbi noticed Sakura’s sudden sadness which she felt guilty about for it was her fault after all. So she thought of something.

 

“Hey Sakura, have you checked in yet?” she asked.

“W-What?” Sakura was dumbfounded.

 

Seeing Sakura like this made Eunbi realized that she’s still with the Sakura that she knew before. Innocent and always out of place girl but in reality, these attributes made her love Sakura when they were still together.

 

Sakura was someone she always wanted to be with at that time.

 

“Hey, you’re really funny to look at right now, you look dumb,” she teased.

“S-Shut up! I was just thinking of something,” she pouted.

“Seriously? But still, you look cuter when you’re like that.”

 

Sakura blushed. Eunbi was flattering her –or flirting with her? She doesn’t know what to think of.

 

“A-anyway! What were you asking about recently?”

“Oh, that. I was asking if you already checked in to your room.”

“Yeah, I just have. Why did you asked?”

“Well, it’s already lunch time. Want to eat with me?”

 

 

~*~

 

It was already 11:30 am at the ENOZI Beach and Resort and Sakura’s stomach was growling endlessly for she hasn’t eaten a full meal for the whole morning.

 

That made Eunbi laugh several times while they were walking to a nearby restaurant inside the resort.

 

Sakura was pissed about it. But it also made her feel better to smile for quite some time from all the catastrophes that she had encountered.

 

They sat on a table just for two then Eunbi called for the waiter for the menu.

 

“So, what do you want to eat? It’s on me,” Eunbi insisted while the waiter left to take note of their orders.

“You sure about that?” she asked.

“Well, I’m the owner after all.”

“You sure do take too much pride for that.”

Eunbi smiled and said, “Can’t help it. Building this resort was my dream since I was a kid. Remember?”

 

Sakura did remember their conversations when they were still in a relationship. Eunbi would share her dream to Sakura about putting up a resort like her dad did and it led for her father to become a successful man which, she wanted to be. Because it made the one he loved happy.

 

“Yes, I do remember that. Your purpose though …is it still the same as before?” Sakura asked.

 

What she meant by this is was what Eunbi said to her that she will pursue this dream because she was the one that she loves and she wants Sakura to become happy always thru her efforts.

 

‘She’ was her purpose.

 

“I won’t tell you,” then she winked.

“Fine, I understand.”

“Are you mad?”

“Huh? Why would I?”

“Well, I just thought that you’d be mad because I won’t tell you if my purpose is still the same, if I changed it or not.”

“It’s obvious that you’ve changed it and why would I be mad, I’m not your –you know,” Sakura said coldly while looking for something to eat at the menu. Eunbi was surprised to this kind of Sakura that she’s seeing.

 

“How can you be so sure that I’ve changed it?” she asked.

 

Sakura put the menu down then faced her, “Because people, who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.”

 

Eunbi just stared at Sakura after saying this. What does she mean by that? That Eunbi would just forget Sakura and just let it off? She thought in a different way.

 

That made her a little bit round the bend.

 

“I think, I need to explain after all if my purpose has changed or not,” Eunbi said solemnly that made Sakura look at her.

“Hey, chill. I just asked, you don’t need to answer it or take it seriously,” she said.

“No, I just –wanted to say that not everything has chan-, “ Eunbi was cut off when the waiter returned to take their orders.

 

“Ladies, do you have your choices already?” the waiter said with a blissful aura.

“Yes I want this…,” Sakura answered while Eunbi was left on her seat with a blank expression.

 

 

~*~

It was 12:00 pm when they’ve finished their lunch. Sakura planned to thank Eunbi for the treat and then going off to her room to rest for a while.

 

“Hey, Eunbi.”

“Hey.”

 

They talked at the same time. Eunbi gestured for her to talk first. Typical Eunbi, always thoughtful as ever, she said to herself.

 

“Uhm, thanks for the treat here. I’m really grateful for that,” she said.

“Don’t mention it. This was my way of apologizing after all,” she replied.

“Apologize? For what?”

“For, what I said when we met this morning?”

“O-Oh, it’s nothing, just forget that. I’m sorry for being rude also.”

 

Eunbi just nods. When Sakura was about to make her exit from their talk, Eunbi remembered she has something to ask.

 

“Sakura, I still have a question though before you go.”

“Oh right, what is it?”

 

Eunbi breathes in and out before talking.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter