Chapter 4

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sakura?!” the person screamed.

 

“H-hyewon? W-what are y-you?” Sakura stopped talking much to her disbelief.

 

The said person was Kang Hyewon; her first girlfriend and first heartbreak for she was straightforward and rather sarcastic in some ways, but behind this blunt attitude is a person who is caring and really charming when she smiles.

 

“’What are you?’ Of course I’m a human, isn’t this obvious?” then she pinch her cheeks sideways.

 

‘She’s still the same,’ Sakura thought and just put her right hand right on her forehead. ‘First Eunbi, now her?’ things were getting a little bit weird.

 

“What? Not feeling good with me? I can get off with this taxi you kno-“

“No, it’s just that –never mind. I’m fine with you here.”

“Really? You don’t look that you’re quite fine with me.”

 

‘Duh? I was your ‘ex-girlfriend’ and why ask’? She thought to herself then rolled her eyes to divert her attention away from her.

 

Hyewon felt a little agitated with this attitude but she just let it off. Meeting her anyway was one of the things she also shunned for the past few years for she let it slip that, ‘she’ was the reason for their break-up.

 

Even though, she still knows about Sakura getting married, thinking about that, Why is she here then? Better ask.

 

“Hey Saku-chan,” she sarcastically said, receiving a ferocious glare from Sakura.

 

“What, Kwangbae,” Sakura said also.

 

“Oh, you’re still using that until now? Nice, but anyway, I thought you’re going to get married, it was last week right? Where’s your partner then? Is this place your honeymoon venue? Is she waiting for you in some resort here?” Hyewon asked continually.

 

She felt a bit annoyed with her questions, but not answering her questions will surely make her a lot more irritated for she never lets people not answering her. Yes, she’s annoying.

 

“Can you ask one by one? I’m not a search-engine that in seconds I can answer all of that,” she said angrily.

 

“Oh, I’m not going to beg pardon for that, better be the good listener then,” once again, she said sarcastically.

 

Sakura’s blood is in a hot state already that she wanted to jump out of the taxi. Patience Sakura, this is what she really is anyway. She composed herself, put her hands unto her lap then faced her.

 

“Okay then, Kwangbae, but what was your first question?”

 

“I was asking that you got married right and if I’m correct, it was last week.”

 

Apparently, Hyewon knows about the wedding but not about her being a runaway bride.

 

“You’re right, I was ‘about to get married’ and it was last week,” she said.

“Wait, about to? What do you mean by that?” Hyewon quickly asked.

“W-well,” she had no choice; she has to say the truth. “I-“

 

“Wait! Let me guess, hmmn, your fiancé quitted your wedding?” Hyewon cut off.

“Um… No?” Sakura said plainly.

“Wrong eh. Then how about the presider didn’t came!”

“Huh?!”

“It’s wrong again? Then…”

 

Hyewon guesses wrong again after three tries. They were, The guests were not complete? Your stomach ached before the wedding starts? and One of your exes showed up then stopped the wedding?

 

After hearing nonsense guesses, Sakura finally bursts up for it was already very irritating.

 

“Then its-“

“Argh, Shut up! Your guesses are completely wrong!,” she finally screamed that cause for the taxi driver to lose his control on the wheels, making Hyewon and Sakura stumble from their position, getting into an awkward situation.

 

Sakura is hugging Hyewon tightly and she hugged back at her as well… but grasped something a little bit more.

 

“Ladies! I’m so sorry, are you girls o –kay?” the driver sees them.

“O-oh m-my.”

“S-sakura? H-hey, c-calm-”

“Aaaah!”

 

A slap was heard.

 

 

~*~

They stopped for a moment at a grocery store to buy something while the taxi’s being fueled. Sakura frantically apologized to Hyewon for her right cheek was swelling.

 

“I’m so-so really sorry! I panicked a little,” she said with her hands together facing at Hyewon.

 

“I think this is not a little, anyway its fine, I’m sorry too. I deserved it anyway,” Hyewon said with a low voice that Sakura didn’t heard the last one.

 

“What did you said?”

“N-Nothing, I said it was fine. But you really made this totally red,” then she pointed at her right cheek.

 

Sakura was about to laugh but stopped for she’s getting a little bit of rude to her, she only then smiled making Hyewon facing her, which made her blushed for Sakura is very pretty this way.

 

She remembered that she met Sakura in an argument also and that was the first time she was defeated. After that, she planned to make her fall in-love with her then break her heart later on.

 

But Sakura was a hard to get, and her kindness made her felt guilty. She was about to forget about revenge but then in one event, they were put together as lab partners for a practicum which made them close together, later on, they were in a relationship.

 

But that was young love and they were completely immature to be in a relationship. She was sarcastic and moody while Sakura was demanding and pushy.

 

She didn’t change that much up until this very day, but she noticed that Sakura has changed. If I had changed, maybe, we can be together again. Maybe.

 

“Hey, Kwangbae!,” Sakura screamed at her.

“W-wha, what?”

“I just slapped you on the cheek. That must’ve not affected your brain right? Or is it just you’re really like that?” then Sakura laughed and smiled.

“Kidding. But really, where’s your brain right now?,” she added, still smiling.

 

“Oh,” she’s still with the Sakura whose smile is very refreshing to see, “You’re the sarcastic one now?,” then they laughed.

 

 

~*~

It was already 9 o’clock in the evening before they got in the taxi again, when they’re in, the aura changed.

 

Hyewon became a storyteller while Sakura would just listen to her endless narration of her life and she would occasionally react to her stories.

 

At last but coincidentally after 2 hours, they are at the same place to rest with. It was a little pension house that has a great overlook of the place together with the cold breeze of the city itself as well that being alone in this kind of place is very fulfilling.

 

When they got off the taxi, they both checked in immediately from being tired and got their keys for their rooms.

 

Sakura’s room is one-room apart from Hyewon’s.

 

“So, Saku-chan,” Hyewon called out then Sakura turned to her. Calling each other the same as before was nothing to her for now. To be honest actually, she enjoys it and it made her comfortable Let the both of us think it’s just ‘nicknames.’

 

“Yes, Kwangbae?,” she replied.

 

Hyewon let out a little laugh, “Where do you plan to go tomorrow?” she asked.

“Well, I didn’t planned at all yet but, I’ll guess I will rely on this,” then she gestured to a brochure she was holding.

 

Hyewon silently nods, “Okay, but may I request s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter