Chapter 1

The Place Where Wishes Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Outside the closed doors of an empty hall, Sakura smiled nervously at the ground. Her hands were shaking so much, she gripped the bouquet tighter. She heard voices through the doors, but it was overwhelmed by the sudden harmonious melody of the band, signaling the start of the procession. She knew in a few moments, the doors to her new life will be opened. If her heart was beating ten times faster five seconds ago, she bet it was a thousand times faster right now.

 

The doors opened, she can see the smiling faces of the guests and of course, her fiancé and soon-to-be wife Chaeyeon standing at the end of the aisle. Just by seeing her and knowing they’ll be one after the ceremony made her the happiest woman in the world.

 

Halfway through the cherry blosson flower-filled carpet, she kept her glistening eyes on the floor, unable to hold her emotions.

 

She finally looked up when she reached the end of the aisle. But confusion instantly clouded her mind when five hands reached out to her instead of just one.

 

Why are they here? she frowned. Beside Chaeyeon, stood her ex-girlfriends Eunbi, Hyewon, Yujin, and Gaeun. She stepped backwards shaking her head.

 

She turned around to see the guests but everything vanished except for her and the five of them. She ran out to nowhere, hoping that it will lead her to answers. There was only silence except for her footsteps that resound in that world of nothingness.

 

 

~*~

Miyawaki Sakura awoke with a start from her dream. The ringing alarm clock beside her bed showed that it was 6:30 am. Dazed, she turned it off. She sat up trying to clear her mind from the dream.

 

She was reminded once again about them. It made her vulnerable.

 

Yesterday, she unintentionally heard Chaeyeon’s sister, Chaeryeong, talking to one of her friends, Ryujin. It was all about her past relationships. Their topic left Sakura doubting herself and everything. She knew deep down what they said was partly true.

 

Much more to it was her dream. She knew fate was testing her. Is it really a test? Or maybe fate is just preventing something that’s never meant to happen, her pessimistic side surfacing.

 

 

~*~

At quarter before two, Sakura’s waiting for the car but her doubts didn’t diminish, instead it only grew. She’s hesitating to marry Lee Chaeyeon. Questions like Does she truly love her? Did she get over the others? What if she’s only using her as an aid for her past? played in her mind.

 

She thought that maybe Chaeryeong was right. She was a flirt – if that’s what others call her -before.

 

Did I really deserve Chae to be my partner forever? No.

 

Chaeyeon doesn’t deserve her. She deserves someone better.

 

 

~*~

The ride to the place of their wedding was a blink of an eye for the hesitant woman. She stepped out of the car. She can’t feel the heat of the sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter