Scary Movie - Napink

@just-university-romances
Please log in to read the full chapter

Im Nayoung hates a lot of things. She hates cockroaches. She hates the color brown. She hates dishes piling up. She also hates scary movies.

Im Nayoung really hates scary movies.

She'd rather practice the Bb major scale for three hours straight or suffer writer's block for a week than watch a scary movie.

She didn't really have a choice, though, when Jieqiong begged her to watch.

(Stereo)Typically, the girl cowers behind the boy during horror movies. This held true for Jieqiong. This also held true for Nayoung. So where does it lead these two? Both hiding behind each other? Is that even going to work? Jieqiong being the cover? That kid will call Nayoung at 4 in the morning if she hears tapping on her window. Nayoung being the cover? It seems like the more realistic outcome, especially with her Stone Buddha nature, but she’s not sure if she's up to the challenge.

Nayoung has mentioned before about her distaste for the unnecessary gore and dumb main characters. She even bluntly confessed her overall fear that she feels during and after the movie. She hates the dark. She hates being alone. She hates the idea of dying for stupid reasons, like the unnatural or some psychotic killer.

Still, she's at the movie theatre. Their popcorn remains untouched. Jieqiong is grasping onto Nayoung’s arm. The Stone Face is somewhat gone; Nayoung is hugging her knees and hiding behind them. She closes her eyes, covers her face with her hands, and does not hesitate to scream an outburst when she is scared. Jieqiong, who doesn’t really like scary movies herself but just really wanted to watch one with Nayoung, is entertained by her girlfriend’s reactions. At first, she couldn’t tell if it was authentic or acting, but after 30 minutes of balled up Nayoung instead of protective Nayoung, Jieqiong knew the emotion was real.

Quite honestly, Nayoung zoomed past the point of embarrassment. For once, she was not self-conscious of how Jieqiong would react to this new side of her. She wanted to hate Jieqiong for laughing at her, but she also adored her laugh.

 

Oh ! I was not prepared for that jump scare!

No! Don’t go on there! The— “Omomomomo!”

Why did I end up watching this damn movie?

 

Nayoung cowers behind her hands. Jieqiong is clutching onto her, but lets go immediately after the jumpscare is over. She can feel tightening and her eyes tearing up. Actually, she just wants another jumpscare to happen so that it forces her tears to just fall out.

Instead, the plot dissipates. Nayoung can’t think straight to judge that the main character should just run away from the log cabin and call the police (and maybe a priest). All Nayoung wants to do is leave the movie theatre. The movie is no where near over, but Nayoung is actually contemplating offering Jieqiong to stay the night so she can have someone to cuddle with and feel protected.

Another jump scare. This time the dolls appears out of no where. The ghost tears are back. is tight. Nayoung just wants this to be over.

 

--

 

Jieqiong learns there’s a difference between Stone Nayoung and Dead-Inside Nayoung.

Stone Nayoung is as blank as a... stone. She may not show emotion, but you can see stress or anxiety or happiness in her facial structure.

Dead-Inside Nayoung looks like her soul has escaped to another realm and Nayoung’s eyes are lost without direction. Her arms are limp and her strides are short.

 

She was definitely walking with a Dead-Inside Nayoung.

 

Quite frankly, Nayoung doesn’t have the will to walk, but knows she has to drive the two of them home. Jieqiong has to drag Nayoung out of the movie theatre because Nayoung’s small, wobbly steps were not quick enough for the attendants kicking everyone out.

“Yah. Im Nayoung. It wasn’t even that bad.” Jieqiong teases.

However, it’s enough to irritate the sensitive Nayoung. She contemplates snapping back or leaving it be and chooses the latter. She didn’t have energy in her to fight back anyways.

Nayoung’s knees are weak and she starts to lose balance. She’s thankful Jieqiong is holding on to her or she might have collapsed to the group. Oh my god. What if I’m possessed?

“Hey. Are you okay to drive? You can’t seem to walk straight. I can drive back if you want me to.” Jieqiong tries to make eye contact with her. For a second, she wants to habitually be the alpha and drive her girlfriend home, but as soon as she realizes how hard walking feels like, she knows better to put their lives at stake because of her ego. Nayoung doesn’t bother to reassure Jieqiong that she’s any state of okay and lazily reaches into her bag to pulls out her car keys.

Jieqiong is shocked by the response. Nayoung treasures her car and would never let anyone drive it. Since she was struggling with money, she didn’t want to risk getting into a car accident or having someone get a ticket using her car.

Both of them knew that the safest way home was not with Nayoung in the driver's seat.

Jieqiong drove in silence, mainly because she was being a very defensive driver. She didn’t look at Nayoung much, but when they were at a red light, she finally checked on her.

The sight of scared Nayoung was quite… adorable. Who know this tall lady could curl up to a small child? Jieqiong wanted to comfort her, but she was also amused at the s

Please log in to read the full chapter