TWO

A Beautiful Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Heejin.

The name that have always stayed inside Baekhyun’s mind for a good few months now. They don’t make any kind of progress in terms of romantic feelings—though Baekhyun did, his adoration towards her are starting to morph into something crush like—but they stayed in contact throughout the time.

After she has taken care of Soohyun, they grow close. And both her and Soohyun grow inseparable. Sometimes, more often than not, Baekhyun didn’t ask his mom to pick up Soohyun since Heejin offered to play with her instead. Both of the girls went for so many adventures together when Baekhyun is stuck in his office and the courtroom. He was jealous, of course, he wanted to spend the day with his daughter too, and Heejin.

Heejin and Soohyun made a great pair, and most of the time, Baekhyun felt that everything was going too fast, too smoothly, and it makes Baekhyun’s insides filled with anxiety in what if anything goes south and Heejin decided not to be in his life, in Soohyun’s life? He tried to shoo the thoughts away, wanting to only focus on what is currently happening, in hope everything goes well and only the best.

Nonetheless of Baekhyun’s worry, he and Heejin still got closer. From a casual texts to an everyday texts he cannot live without, from accompanying Soohyun during days where Baekhyun can’t, to a late night talk on Baekhyun’s dining table before watching Heejin leave his apartment. From meeting up accidentally to plan out a date only with the both of them.

Things are going too smoothly, for him and Heejin, and for Heejin and Soohyun. And in half a year―Baekhyun realized that he wants Heejin to be in his life, permanently. Baekhyun knows that he grow comfortable way too fast, how can he not, when Heejin had won his daughter’s heart before she won his?

 

 

 

 

 

> Run out of strawberry candies. The kids are whining, do you think you can accompany me later after work?

It was a text from Heejin. Baekhyun smiles, it was one of the rarest moments where he received a text from her and able to reply to her right away. Feeling giddiness inside of him that Heejin asked him to accompany her.

> Sure. Soohyun is with her grandparents today. Tomorrow is the weekend so she asked if she could get away from Daddy a little?
> Anyway, haha, where should I pick you up?

He waited, ignoring his important documents that he needed to worry for today. He had memorized and did his research on his recent client the whole day, so it should be enough reason for him to rest a little and talk to Heejin. The three dots that indicate Heejin is typing a text finally appears, even with a little thing like that, it brought a smile to Baekhyun’s face.

> Poor daddy, his princess doesn’t want to spend the weekend with him
> At what time would you be finish for today? I’m thinking about having dinner first. I have this restaurant I wanted to try

It was a casual thing. For the both of them to have dinner and spend time together, it bothered Baekhyun a little that he cannot call those as a date. He types in his reply right away―not being afraid that he might come off way too flirty. After all, the two of them have been in a flirty phase for two months without anything going on.

> I have another princess to spend the weekend with, do I not?
> I’ll be done around six. Today’s an easy day, anyway. I’ll pick you up at 7. Be ready, dress comfortably!

With that, Baekhyun locked his phone. Focusing on the case he has at hand, his thoughts are filled with happiness and positivity at the fact that he will spend the rest of his evening with Heejin. He only peeked at Heejin’s replies, not wanting to distract himself further.

> That princess you’re going to spend the weekend with better be Moon Heejin or I will sneak in to your apartment and steal your all of strawberry milk so Soohyun will be upset.
> K. See you. Work hard. ❤️❤️❤️

Baekhyun find himself in front of Heejin’s apartment door, smiling brightly when Heejin open her door for him.

“It's only six! What are you doing here? I am not ready yet!” Heejin huffs at him, leaving him to laugh to himself as she walked back to her room to get her makeup done. Baekhyun followed her like a lost puppy.

“My meeting finished early, so why not visit you early too? I miss your pretty face.”

Baekhyun know his flirting with Heejin is a dangerous game, but at Heejin’s whine, he just shakes his head to himself. “Stop talking at let me finish my makeup.”

“I just got here, lady. Don’t stop me from talking!”

Heejin just ignored him, focusing on her makeup so that they could leave early. She was excited for another night to spend with Baekhyun, excited to be next to him without thinking of the consequences that might come. She doesn’t realize when Baekhyun stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as he nuzzled his nose to her nape, finding comfort in her scent. They have been tiptoeing around for months with their shared touches and shared kisses. Neither of it minded because they knew there's definitely something romantic going with them. After all, it has been close to eight months since they knew each other and hanging out together.

“Are you okay?” Heejin asked, her voice is so soft as she put her brush down, placing her hand on top of Baekhyun’s arm.

“I will be. Don’t worry.”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun find himself walking behind Heejin and Soohyun, admiring the way Heejin holds Soohyun’s hand as they walked towards one of the rides in the amusement park. Heejin was smiling really brightly as she tried her best to listen to Soohyun’s random babbling and explaining to her the things she doesn’t understand.

(The amusement park trip had been planned a few weeks ago out of random conversation with him and Heejin before Baekhyun decided to avoid Heejin - his fault, really, for thinking too much about everything.)

They arrived on the amusement park only fifteen minutes before this, and the first thing they did was to find cute headwear to use. Soohyun right away choose the one with a tiara, and Baekhyun choose for Heejin, a cute big bow to adorned her head. He himself is wearing a bunny hat, courtesy of the girls who convinced him to wear one. Baekhyun’s heart feels full, for some reason.

Baekhyun enjoyed this feeling, not having to worry about work and his clients, as well as being able to spend his time together with his princess and Heejin. For some, it might be frowned upon that Baekhyun is going out for a personal trip together with Soohyun and Heejin, as her teacher, and he might risk Heejin’s career because of that. And he understood law, he knows how wrong it is to develop a personal relation, moreover a romantic relation with his own daughter’s teacher.

That was what made Baekhyun stop in trying to woo Heejin, what stopped him from asking her to go on dinner with him without Soohyun, and also the reason why sometimes late at night, Baekhyun decides to not reply to her text. Byun Baekhyun is anything but irrational. He might have fallen in love way too soon, but he would never contradict his own life and others' lives.

Baekhyun’s thought was washed away when Heejin tucked on the hem of his sleeve shirt, smiling at him as she drags him towards the nearest cotton candy stall. She pointed out at Soohyun who keeps eyeing the maker, eyes sparkling, wanting to eat the cotton candy.

“Can she eat some, Baekhyun?”

He hums to answer her, fishing out his wallet from his pocket though Heejin beats him to it as she ordered one and pays for it right away, leaving him no room to argue with her. He smiles though, letting her do it because he knows Heejin likes to pamper Soohyun (he definitely thought about the amount of hairpins Soohyun owned now, courtesy of Heejin).

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter