THREE // FINAL

A Beautiful Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNINGS
slight angst, grammatical errors.
(i didn't edit this yet, i will go back through it later) 

 

 

‘Fixing his mess’ is hard when Heejin avoids him at all costs when he decided to pick Soohyun up, Baekhyun is also certain that she had his number blocked. Not to mention how Baekhyun has been busy in the courtroom and with his clients too - he doesn’t have that much time to see her, let alone fix the mess.

Baekhyun ruffled his hair, feeling exhaustion all over his bones after he finished a meeting with his client. This time, he knows that his client is being framed by someone for a murder. He needs to work together with his client’s private investigator to compile every evidence to prove that his client isn’t a murderer.

He gets into his car, feeling absolutely distraught because he knows this case will take every strength he has in him. He started his engine, only to see a glimpse of Heejin laughing and having her arm wrapped around a man’s arm. She looked so happy, and beautiful. Baekhyun’s heart ached at the sight of her, remembering how he used to be the one who make Heejin laugh like that.

His thoughts are a mess after seeing that, leading him to a bad decision to call his mom that he needs Soohyun to stay with her, lying at her telling her that he will be staying at his office when instead he visited the nearest club he knew. Getting drunk and forgetting his life in a night sounded like a great option to him.

Baekhyun doesn’t know how many drinks he had before he was being shoved inside a taxi by the guard, sober enough to tell the driver his address. It was hard for him to get to his apartment, stumbling and falling down in the process. Once he’s laying down on the couch, his mind drifts back to Heejin’s happy smile, and how the reason behind her smile is someone else, some other guy, and not him. Baekhyun is hopeless. He chuckles pitifully at himself.

The birds are chirping when Baekhyun regains his consciousness, he realized it was too late for him to go to work, deciding to call in sick and let his secretary know to push back his meetings for the day. He’s lucky that he doesn’t have to attend a trial today. His head are buzzing in pain, too hungover to bother when he heard the shuffling of keys and someone entering his house, it was probably his mom, anyways.

“What the ,”

Baekhyun must be hallucinating, why would his mom cuss at him when she knows that he is going through a rough time. So he ignored, placing his arm on top of his face to cover his eyes. If it wasn’t for Heejin’s loud and booming voice, he would already fall back to sleep.

“What the is happening with you.”

She sounded livid, and Baekhyun just sighs tiredly, getting up to sit on the couch even though his head are screaming for him to rest. “Why are you here.” He said, and he doesn’t mean to come off as snappy because Heejin doesn’t deserve that. It was his hungover who is talking for him.

“You sent me thirty ing messages and one voice mail, Baekhyun.”

There is nothing sweet about Heejin’s voice, it is only anger, frustration, and confusion in her tone. Her words shocked Baekhyun, making him scramble to take his phone check, and indeed, he left her a very… distraught texts.

> Baby i live you
> Soihyun missed tou
> Bajehhun missed tou more though
> I love tou
> Be happy for me
> Without me

He couldn’t even finish reading the entire drunk texts and Heejin’s replies, getting too embarrassed at himself.

“,” Baekhyun muttered, hating himself for not realizing that before he passed out he had drunkenly texting Heejin and pouring out how much he loved her. Heejn just stared at him, waiting for an explanation. He doesn’t even realize that she’s not working right now.

“I was drunk, forgive me.” He muttered softly, eyes avoiding her, missing the disappointed look in Heejin’s eyes.

“You know that it is irresponsible to get drunk when you have a daughter right?” She questioned, there’s a pang in his eyes at the mention of him being irresponsible.

“Of course I ing know that, Heejin. If you’re here to scold me then might as well leave.”

Heejin scoffs at that, she couldn’t believe that the sweet Baekhyun she used to be with are now snappy at her. She feels her heart sting at that, yet her heart still bears a deep feeling for him makes her feel stupid.

Most people said drunk people said the truth, and looking back at Baekhyun’s texts, Heejin grows hopeful. She thought Baekhyun will finally admit that he does have feelings for her and wouldn’t give up on her, realizing that the Baekhyun in front of her wouldn’t do that, her heart ached even more. Heejin promised herself to not cry, but it was hard. Silence enveloping the both of them, neither knows what to do, or to say. Heejin sighed, deciding to brave herself because if today is the last time she will be seeing him, she wanted closure. At least she needs to end things in a less vague way.

“You know,” she starts, her voice trembling. “I came here without much thought because you said you needed me in one of your texts. Because you love me and you want to be brave.” She choked up, looking at Baekhyun who still refused to look at her.

“But I guess I misread your messages, huh?”

Heejin is trembling. Baekhyun knows based on how she sounded. Yet, he doesn’t dare to do anything, rooting on his seating position. Until her next words come, making Baekhyun feels dizzy and all rational thoughts leave her.

“I love you, Baekhyun. I was so ready to spend the rest of my life with you―with Soohyun, together. Knowing you are not-”

Her words are cut off when she felt a pair of lips touching hers, the same pair of lips she had missed. She was too immersed in letting her thoughts out to not realized that Baekhyun is now standing in front of her. His palms resting on her cheeks.

Baekhyun kissed her, so slowly, without any rush. His lips moving against her and it feels like a declaration of his feelings towards her, that he had meant the texts he sent her. Heejin returns his kiss, her fingers circled around his wrist. They kiss for a long while, lips moving against each other in a languid movement. The world feels like it belonged to them.

Baekhyun pulls away in the need to breath, his forehead resting against her. “I’m so sorry,” he starts. Heejin wondered for what exactly.

“For kissing you so suddenly, and for making you feel I don’t love you―because I do, Moon Heejin. I love you, so ing much it hurts.”

Being able to voice out his thoughts to Heejin feels good, it feels like the burden he has been carrying getting lifted up when he sees Heejin’s smile. He leans down again, pressing another quick kiss to her lips.

“Show me, Baekhyun. Show me how much.” Heejin said, her eyes sparkle with happiness. Baekhyun can’t say no to that eyes, lifting her up so she has her legs wrapped around his waist, lips pressing against hers again as he walks to his bed, proving her how he felt not only with words and kisses, but with action, too.

 

 

Heejin is too comfortable with her laying position, her head resting on Baekhyun’s bare chest after their activity earlier. She can feel Baekhyun’s fingers playing with the strands of her straight hair, combing it comfortingly. The both of them are still high when Baekhyun's phone rings from the living room, making Baekhyun groan because it could be an important call. He doesn’t take it though, instead, burying his nose to Heejin’s hair, basking in her scent succumbing to sleep.

And boy, he regretted that when he could hear Soohyun’s happy chirping and his mother telling Soohyun to be careful. His eyes are wide, looking down, he saw Heejin’s peaceful sleeping face and he wondered did he locked his room before.

He doesn’t.

“Miss Moon?!”

He heard Soohyun’s happy chirped and Baekhyun panicked, getting out of bed while having his finger pressed against his lips to shush Soohyun, his other hand telling Soohyun to go out from his room. He gets out of the bed, feeling lucky that his boxer placed near his side bed. Hastily putting it on before he quickly takes one of his worn out tees from his closet and placing another one on the bed (in hope Heejin will use it).

Baekhyun feels the tip of his ears pinked when he saw his mother standing in his living room with a disapproving look. He smiles sheepishly at her, rubbing his neck.

“When I said you need to fix your mess, I didn’t mean to traumatize your daughter.” His mother said, Baekhyun whimpers at that.

“Where is she anyway?”

“I told her to change. And I will bring her out again, she's staying at my house for the rest of the week.”

Baekhyun whined at that, he obviously missed his daughter and he wants to play with her too. Pouting at his mom telling her to not bring Soohyun away only for her to say it is a punishment for being careless.

When his mom and a happy yet curious Soohyun about to leave his apartment, she placed a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek, telling him she is proud of her. With one hug and kisses all over Soohyun’s face by Baekhyun, they get going.

He wondered why Heejin isn’t awake yet after the commotion, Soohyun is loud with her words and steps yet ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter