Chapter 4

Dog Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Ben Parker

 

-

 

In the medical room. Eunbi is reading a letter.

 

Dear partner,

 

은비야.

(Eunbi yah.)

 

수고했어요.

(You did well.)

 

-Sakura

 

‘Sakura.’

 

Seeing the name reminds her of the blond girl. Sakura came after receiving the message. Until now, she can still feel her firm embrace and strong heartbeats. She remembers how fast her heartbeat is, she assumes Sakura speeds to her.

 

I am not alone. I have Sakura. And Chaeyeon!

 

She knows it was Chaeyeon who carried her to the medics. Her best friend visits here every day, but she rejected to see her. She feels so bad for her friends, she pushed them away. I am such a jerk. They must be hating me now.

 

Eunbi lowers her head sorrowfully, she can’t suppress this horrible feeling anymore, tears stream down from her eyes. The patient squeezes the letter painfully.

 

Suddenly, she hears a few knocks. Eunbi twists her head. There, Yena is making a funny face with her duck lips behind the glass, the duck waves her hands at her happily. And her favorite dongsaeng, Chaewon jumps up and down as she mouths, “I miss you! Eunbi unnie yah! I miss you so much!”

 

Although she can’t actually hear her, it is already loud and clear in her heart. Eunbi bursts into tears again, crying even harder, she is too overwhelmed.

 

“Such a crybaby.” a cold voice approached.

 

Hyewon is standing next to the door with a cool post, she is holding a rose and passes it to Eunbi.

 

“Stop crying, or I will take my camera out.” Hyewon teases. The photography major student put her camera away before visiting Eunbi, concerned she may freak the hell out.

 

Eunbi panicked just like Hyewon imagined, she wipes her tears away. Yena and Chaewon throw themselves on her as if the oldest will slip away like sand, “Eunbi unnie! We are so worried about you!”

 

During their little warm reunion, Eunbi realized somebody isn’t here, “Where are Sakura and Chaeyeon?” Hyewon replied, “Probably handling the aftermath of the case.”

 

-

 

In Sakura’s department. The two is sleeping together on the sofa.

 

Last night, Sakura was exhausted and weak. She drifted to the dreamland under the blue moon and silver stars. Once she opened her eyes again, it's already dawn. Sakura looks down to the blanket placed on top of her. She found Chaeyeon is sleeping at the unlighted staircase as she sits up.

 

The blond lady moves to her, waking her up gently, “Jjaeyeon, let’s sleep at my place.

 

So they turn out sleeping with each other.

 

-

 

Next day, Chaeyeon and Sakura are cleaning the student’s union room.

 

“Saku-chan, can I ask you something?”

“Spill it.”

“Who is Nako?”

Sakura freezes, feeling uneasy towards the question, but she tried to act cool, “Why are you asking about her?” She needs to be strong and fearless, Sakura doesn’t want to show her weak side to anyone at this moment. ‘Even to Chaeyeon?’ there is a voice murmur inside her.

“You always mention her name.”

Sakura joked, “Are you perhaps jealous?” Chaeyeon flushes with embarrassment, but she quickly recovers and said, “What are you talking about? I am serious! I know it must be hard for you to keep it alone, so I wanna share your pain and burden. I can feel you are aching, Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon caresses Sakura’s cheek, “Through your tears.”

Sakura places her palm on top of Chaeyeon’s soft, warm hand and smiles bitterly at the girl, “You really want to know? You may dislike me afterward.” she is drawing circles on the desk. Sakura is afraid of Chaeyeon will see her through tinted glasses if she knows about her past. She doesn’t know why, the last person she wants to lose is Chaeyeon, at least for now.

 

Chaeyeon embraces Sakura in her arms, she runs her hand through her beautiful golden lock, “Hey, people change over the years, so do you. I don’t care how bad and evil you are in the past, I only care about the present Miyawaki Sakura. The Sakura I know is kind, smart and brave. Nothing will change how I see you.”

“Promise me you won’t let me go after what you have heard.”

“I promise you I won’t leave you. Saku-chan, no matter what.”



*Flashback*



This all happened in her final year in high school.

 

Sakura was eating in the cafe with her best friend Nako. The tiny girl was digging in curry udon hungrily.

 

“You didn’t eat breakfast?” Sakura asked. Nako shook her head, didn’t stop consuming her food. She said while having a mouthful of udon, “Nope, too nervous for the speech.”

 

Nako is the Chairperson of the student’s council. This morning she announced about she had made some changes in the school rules, such as ‘In the school area, students from one class is not allowed to visit student from the other class’ and ‘To who reported bullies to the council will be rewarded’. Since she noticed the bullying problem happened more often.

 

When she was on the stage, she heard some complaining groans below her, saying it wasn’t fair for them. Nako ignored them all, it might be unfair to some students, but for the safety of others, this rule is necessary and helpful.

 

“You are really brave Nako-chan.” Sakura praised her, the older girl picks up an egg from her bowl and puts it in Nako’s. Indeed, underneath that small body, she’s actually a fearless girl. Sakura couldn't believe her eyes when students, mostly boys, dared to throw eggs and tomato to Nako. Some eggs almost struck Nako, she didn’t flinch a bit.

 

Although the teachers were there, they didn’t stop the boys from attacking. This made Nako wondered what should the council do after they really receive bullying reports. If teachers didn’t stop them now, they wouldn’t then.

 

Nako coldly scolded, “Are you guys done?” she wanted to leave this place, she was stressed and she needs energy. Finally, the boys stopped, they sat down lifelessly as the Chairperson seems not to be bothered and threatened by them.

 

Because of the new rules, Nako couldn’t meet Sakura inside the school, they were a year apart. Therefore they met each other in a cafe a few streets away.

 

-



The other day, Nako went to school with her classmate. The two were always the earliest.

 

Nako’s friend was the first one to enter the classroom but tripped when she stepped in a foot, a bucket of water fell down out of nowhere. “What the hell?” her friend swore. The worst thing was she slipped as she tried to stand up, the poor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter