princess of themyscira

In the Name of Justice

And now we have breaking news—a magnitude 7 earthquake has caused severe damage to the countries by the Aegean Sea, due to the movement of the fault lines by the Skyros basin, which can be found east of Greece. Authorities of the affected countries have warned their citizens to prepare for more calamities, such as aftershocks and tsunamis, especially addressing those who live by the shoreline. Relief efforts are now being dispatched, both local and foreign, with the United Nations urging allied countries to help in managing the damages.

 

Irene suddenly stood up after hearing the news, making her chair produce a loud screech, which then caused the staff who were looking at the several screens by the center of the office direct to their attention to her. She just smiled shyly and offered a mumbled apology, before going to Miss Young’s office. Her boss stood by her large office table, looking at the screens behind it, all which showed reports of the latest disaster.

 

Irene knocked on one of the glass doors and called out to her boss, “Miss Young?”

 

“Yes, Irene?” her boss inquired, still standing with her back towards the entrance of her office. “What is it that you need, Irene? Make it quick, we have lots to do.”

 

“I, uhm, actually have a family emergency.” Irene then grimaced. “It’s really urgent, I’m sorry. I have to go now—“

 

She stopped abruptly when her boss turned around and lifted an eyebrow at her, her eyes tight. Irene squirmed before continuing. “If it’s fine with you.”

 

Miss Young held her eyes for several more moments, with each second that passed making Irene fidget more with her glasses.

 

“Alright, you can go,” her boss sighed. “You’ve never taken a sick leave after all, and even though our office definitely has a lot to do, what with the recent calamity and all that, you are needed elsewhere.”

 

Irene just stood there, shocked, especially because she wasn’t expecting her boss to let her off that quickly.

 

“What are you waiting for? Go off now, shoo,” Miss Young flicked her hand towards the elevators.

 

“Oh—thank you, Miss Young!” Irene smiled brightly. “I’ll be back as soon as I can, I promise.”

 

Her boss just flicked her hand again towards the elevators. Irene then began to shuffle out of her office, when Miss Young called out to her. “Irene!”

 

“Yes, Miss Young?”

 

Tiffany smirked. “Do bring me some Greek yogurt when you return.”

 

“I—uhh,” Irene’s eyes widened in shock. “Uhm, yes—of course, Miss Young!”

 

When Irene entered the elevator just before it began to close, Tiffany smiled to herself.

 

At this point, I don’t even know why she bothers to keep it a secret.

 


 

After changing into her Supergirl suit and sending a quick text to her best friend, it took her only about a minute to fly out to the west, towards Europe. As she flew, Irene wondered at her boss’s recent behavior, which included being surprisingly kinder towards her and dropping hints about her secret identity. She worried a bit about it, especially because of who her boss was, what with her being the Tiffany Young, the sole woman behind StephCo, a worldwide media empire. Her identity could be outed at any moment, that is, if her boss chooses to do so. However, it’s been a while since Miss Young’s slight change in behavior and her boss hadn’t confronted her about it, yet, and she’d like to think that her almost three year relationship with Tiffany as her assistant would merit as something. Seeing land, Irene shook off her thoughts, choosing to worry about it during a more appropriate time.

 

She arrived at a town by the shoreline near Athens, and it was worse than what she expected. Simply put, it was chaos.

 

The locals were getting out of their crumbling houses, scurrying farther away from the beach. She immediately went into action and assisted the people with carrying their belongings and holding off crumbling concrete as the locals went out of their doorways. It went on for a while, and she even carried several cars that couldn’t continue on the road because it was either cracked or blocked, when she suddenly heard a scream somewhere near the shoreline. Irene turned around and found a child on the beach, pointing out towards the sea. Her eyes widened when she saw a large wave far out into the waters, and hurriedly went to the crying little girl.

 

“Mommy!” the girl wailed.

 

“It’s alright, dear,” Irene said in Greek, thankful that her escape pod made her well versed in many of the languages found on Earth. “I’ll get you to her, don’t worry.”

 

She then carried the child, who looked to be barely seven years old, and tuned her ears to the sounds around her. Mixed into the sound of rushed footsteps onto the ground, the crumbling of stone, and the roaring of the sea, a voice stood out.

 

“Aretha! Aretha, where are you?”

 

“Is Aretha your name, dear one?” she asked the girl. When the child nodded, she then flew towards the voice. When she was sure that the child was safe and with her mother, Irene flew again towards the sea. The wave was much bigger now, and much more closer to the beach than she’d like. After some thinking, Irene went ahead to meet the tsunami. Using her freeze breath, she froze the big wave then dove into the waters behind it, also freezing the waters underneath it. Irene came out of the other side of the tsunami and chose to swim towards the beach. Clearly spent after exhausting her powers by freezing such a large body of water, she lay down on the sand and closed her eyes, soaking up the sun’s rays. When a shadow fell upon her face, Irene opened her eyes in surprise, especially because she didn’t hear anyone approaching.

 

Above her was a goddess with flowing chestnut hair that spilled out from under her tiara, which glinted under the sun. Rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating, Irene abruptly stood up and was a bit surprised to see that the sun-kissed woman clad in what seems to be Amazonian warrior attire was taller than her.

 

“Good work there, Supergirl,” the woman commended with an accent, strange but pleasant to the ears, and offered a smile. “I believe we haven’t met yet, though I have met your cousin.”

 

“I, uhh,” Irene stammered. “No?”

 

The woman merely chuckled as her smile grew wider.

 

“I am Seulgi, princess of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons,” Seulgi said, her stance giving off a regal air. “Or well, as your people know me, Wonder Woman.”

 

Irene then took in the sight of the otherworldy woman, noting her sword and shield strapped on her back, the lasso tied to her waist, and the bracelets that she wore on her muscular arms, which well, the rest of her body was too. When her gaze went back to Seulgi’s face and she saw a playful glint in the other woman’s eyes, air rushed out of her lips as she released the breath she wasn’t even aware that she was holding.

 

“I’m Ir—uhm, Joohyun Zor-El, the last daughter of Krypton,” Irene finally said, remembering how to speak. “Also known as Irene Bae or Supergirl, as you already know.”

 

Seulgi opened to speak, but was cut off when a crash sounded, followed by screams. They both turned towards the sounds, and was greeted by a huge rock that had crashed at the town plaza, where several people now ran amok in panic. An ear-splitting roar came as the asteroid split, revealing, once again, a huge creature the size of a five-story building.

 

“Oh no, not again,” Irene groaned. She turned towards Seulgi to tell her that she’ll handle it, when Seulgi pointed towards the plaza and directed, “Bring the people to safety, I see that you’re still quite exhausted.”

 

“I’ll deal with that monster,” she said in a low voice, her eyes showing determination, along with a hint of excitement.

 

Seulgi then flew off, lasso in hand as she threw it towards the creature, restraining it as she let Supergirl carry people farther away from the plaza. It struggled against the lasso and roared, causing several windows to shatter. Seulgi covered her ears, making her loosen her tight grip on her lasso. The creature escaped from its restraints then plucked off a nearby statue, though instead of throwing it at her, the creature threw it to the side. Seulgi lifted an eyebrow at the unexpected move, but her eyes widened when she saw that the statue was targeted at Irene and a small family of three. Rushing towards them, she blocked the statue with her shield, making it crumble into pieces.

 

“Are you alright?” Seulgi asked and turned her head towards Irene, who had her back facing her and her arms around the family.

 

“We’re fine, Seul—I mean, Wonder Woman,” Irene turned around and replied. “Thanks.”

 

Seulgi smiled in return. “Bring them to safety,” she said, before once more rushing at the creature, her sword out. She flew towards its left leg and swung her sword on it, a bit repulsed by the black blood that gushed out from the cut. The creature’s knee buckled at that, roaring in pain. Seulgi flew up to level with its head and threw her lasso out again, winding it around its neck, and strongly pulled to bring it down to the ground. As the creature crashed, Seulgi charged downwards and fiercely brought her sword down on its chest. The creature briefly spasmed, before finally going limp. She heard a gust of wind and a soft footfall as she swung her sword towards the ground to get the black blood off it, then turned to the side to face Irene.

 

“You did great!” Irene complimented her. “It didn’t even get to land a hit on you!”

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi grinned at Irene, who was smilling in awe. “My people have trained me well.”

 

They stood there for a few moments, both smiling after the rush of battle.

 

“I’m afraid I have to go now, there are still more people and places to help,” Seulgi said as she strapped her sword and shield on her back.

 

“Yes, of course,” Irene nodded, her face serious again. “I’ll also be off in a while, I just need to make one last sweep here to make sure that no one got left behind.”

 

“I am glad to have met you, Joohyun Zor-El,” Seulgi said, quirking up a little whe she saw Irene blush.

 

“I feel the same, Seulgi.” Irene shyly smiled.

 

“I do hope we meet again, hopefully in much better circumstances,” she said in parting, and after making sure that her lasso was tied properly to her waist, Seulgi flew up to the sky.

 

Irene stood there for a while, following Seulgi with her eyes, before flying off as well.

 


 

In a surprisingly pleasant turn of events amidst this disaster, word has come in that help has arrived to the countries by the Aegean Sea in the form of two heroes, namely Supergirl and Wonder Woman, who have reportedly stopped more damage from befalling the people affected by the earthquake. Supergirl has performed an incredible feat by using her freeze breath to stop a tsunami from hitting a town by the shoreline near Athens, while Wonder Woman fought off a massive creature, similar to the one that rampaged a week ago in Seoul. After these acts, both heroes then went on to help more locals, bringing people to safety and removing road blocks, allowing more help to come.

 

A knock on Tiffany’s office door sounded, distracting her from the news. She turned around and found her assistant, carrying a tray with a bowl on it.

 

“I see you’re back and in good shape, Irene,” Tiffany remarked. “I suppose the emergency has been dealt with?”

 

Irene set down the tray on her table, letting Tiffany see the contents of the bowl and as she suspected, it was Greek yogurt. “Here’s your Greek yogurt, as requested.”

 

“Authentic, I presume?” Tiffany smirked.

 

“Of course, Miss Young!” Irene smiled a little bit too widely, though she still fidgeted with her glasses, causing her boss to raise an eyebrow.

 

“You seem to be a bit more happy than usual,” Tiffany commented.

 

Irene toned down her smile, though her eyes were still as bright. “I made a friend.”

 

Tiffany hummed and looked back at one of the screens which displayed a pleasantly bizarre picture—Supergirl and Wonder Woman smiling at each other, with the behemoth lying behind them, surrounded by large chunks of rock from the asteroid. She simply smirked, choosing not to comment on the obvious.

 

“Well, with the emergency clearly dealt with, off you go now,” Tiffany said and shooed her assistant. “You still have to prepare for our upcoming visit to Toronto and make sure that everyone here has something to do before we leave.”

 

Irene smiled again at her and moved to leave the office.

 

“Oh and before you go do whatever needs to be done, make sure that no one disturbs me unless it’s something really urgent. This news inspires me to write about how having female heroes has brought in an era that empowers all girls and women—an era that is both super and of wonder,” Tiffany said with a flourish.

 

Once again fidgeting with her glasses, Irene squeaked out, “Noted, Miss Young!”

 

Smiling, Tiffany just rolled her eyes as her assistant closed her office doors.

 

Oh, to be young and in love.

 


author's note:

i forgot to add the tag, but it's seulrene endgame y'all !! quite silly that i forgot it tbh, considering that all my stories are basically seulrene. but !! this won't just focus on seulrene, although yes it will definitely be featured. this is a justice league!au after all, and what's the point of having heroes but no big mastermind behind the evil that they fight against, right? try and guess which hero is the counterpart of the three members left !! though i think one is really obvious. thank you to everyone that has read until this point—till the next chapter!