supergirl saves the day

In the Name of Justice

It was just a normal day for Bae Irene—well, as normal as it could get for an assistant to Tiffany Young, owner of StephCo, a worldwide media empire. Her morning was just as it usually was, fetching coffee from the cafe for her boss, then arranging a flight to Toronto for Tiffany’s interview with its resident billionaire, then afterwards getting sushi from one of the top Japanese restaurants in the city.

 

The usual.

 

She was just setting down the expensive sushi platter on Miss Young’s table when all hell broke loose. An explosion from the sky rocked the whole building and pretty much the whole block, spilling the green tea of her boss all over her table. Irene rushed over to her boss, who fell from her chair.

 

“Miss Young, are you alright?” Irene asked while helping Tiffany get up. Instead of answering, Tiffany walked closer to the multiple screens behind her table, all showing live reports and coverage over what just happened.

 

We are here, live at Seoul where what seems to be an asteroid just landed at Hangang Park. It seemingly just appeared out of thin air, accompanied by a blast that has broken the sound barrier, causing citywide damage. Military and police have barricaded the area around the huge rock, immediately evacuating all the citizens. Officials have stated that they are working on keeping the area secure, while other personnel are on the ground attempting to minimize damage. Amidst all this chaos, people are asking, “Where is Supergirl?”

 

“Irene!” Tiffany shouted. “I want each and every reporter and staff from the IT department to figure out what’s happening, and I want it to be figured out fast!”

 

When no answer came, Tiffany turned around to look for her assistant, only to be left with the sight of several papers rustling. “I guess I’ll just have to do it myself,” she sighed as she sat on her chair.

 

Tiffany smirked while she unlocked her phone.

 

“The city does need Supergirl, after all.”

 


 

“Supergirl!”

 

Irene landed by the barricade, surrounded by at least a dozen police and military officers.

 

“Officer,” Irene addressed the badged officer standing by a black van with a tablet in hand. “What’s the situation?”

 

“That’s General Jung to you, Supergirl,” the lady in black answered in a low tone, a cool look in her eyes. “And well, we don’t really have much of an idea on what’s going on. That thing just appeared in the atmosphere out of nowhere, and it just crashed here.”

 

Irene furrowed her eyebrows, hands on her hips. Despite having an impact that supposedly would have destroyed the whole city and maybe even the country, the asteroid just formed a huge crater. It’s much less damage than what could have happened. Cocking her head to the side, Irene looked at the general.

 

“Is it fine if I take a look?”

 

General Jung just swept an arm towards the asteroid. “It’s all yours, Supergirl.”

 

With that, Irene flew up a couple of meters, hovering above the asteroid. She was just about to use her x-ray vision to scan it, when an explosion came from the rock, knocking her back several meters in the air. The asteroid split open, revealing a creature the size of a five-story building. It opened its mouth and let out an ear-splitting roar, causing Irene to cover her sensitive ears. Tearing off a piece of rock from the asteroid, the creature threw it towards the barricade, where several officers still lingered.

 

Irene immediately went to catch the car-sized rock and threw it back to the creature, who just faced it like it was nothing, leaving the rock to crumble off into several pieces.

 

“So you’re tough,” Irene scoffed. “But I’m tougher.”

 

She jumped into the air, heading towards the creature, and punched it on its face. The creature howled in anger and swept her aside, sending her hurtling to the ground. Leaving behind a small crater, she dashed towards the creature and used her heat vision. The creature stumbled back several paces, roaring as it took another piece of the asteroid and threw it towards Irene. She just flew through it, still focused on stopping the creature, and delivered a kick to its head. Stunned, it was not able to do anything as Irene threw punch after punch, its head swinging side to side. To finish it off, Irene used her freeze breath to encase the creature in ice, effectively stopping it from wreaking anymore havoc.

 

Irene hovered away from the creature, waiting to see if it could still do anything. When a few moments passed and nothing happened, she flew back to the officers, triumphant with her hands on her hips. They cheered and clapped, thanking the hero.

 

“Good job, Supergirl,” General Jung offered.

 

Irene nodded in return, smiling. “It’s all yours, General Jung.”

 

She waved once before flying off again in the air.

 


 

Irene crept back to the office, trying not to make herself noticed. She was just about to reach her desk when a voice yelled out, “Irene!”

 

She rushed to Tiffany’s office, a bit flustered and fixing her hair. “Yes, Miss Young?”

 

Her boss lowered her glasses and fixed her with a look. “And where do you think you were when the latest headline was being made?”

 

“Oh, I was just—uhh,” Irene shuffled on her feet and nervously replied, “I was just getting some mochi for your dessert, Miss Young!”

 

She then walked to her boss’s table and set down a box of mochi.

 

“Is it strawberry?” her boss asked.

 

“Of course, Miss Young,” Irene smiled. “Just how you like it.”

 

Tiffany gave her another look and paused for a moment. Irene stared back, her hands twiddling with her folder. Another moment passed and her boss let out a hum, seemingly satisfied.

 

“That would suffice,” Tiffany said, a cntented look on her face. “Have you arranged the accomodation in Toronto, Irene?”

 

With widened eyes, Irene replied, “Right! I was just about to do that.” She then began to walk back towards her desk when Tiffany called out again, softer this time.

 

“Irene.”

 

“Yes, Miss Young?”

 

“You have some bits of rock in your hair, go and get it off.”

 

“I—ah,” Irene stopped, then hurried faster out of Tiffany’s office. “On it, Miss Young!”

 

Tiffany just rolled her eyes and chuckled before opening her box of mochi.

 

“Millenials.”

 


 

In a spaceship several lightyears away from the Earth’s solar system, a figure clad in dark robes watched the footage on the screen showing a caped girl in blue and red easily defeating one of its men. It tapped something by the screen and the footage paused, right after the girl enclosed its scout in ice. It walked towards an imposing seat by the helm of the ship and sat down.

 

“It looks like we’ll face a resistance when we get there.” It let out a hum before sending a signal to another figure in robes.

 

“But that was just nothing,” the figure continued. “There’s still more to come.”

 


author's note:

so uhh, this happened because i'm back to the dc hole and i may have read several supercorp fanfics again and watched the justice league animated series again and wonder woman and okay i just really love the justice league and also red velvet so why not combine them, right? i really don't know the in between of this story, but it will definitely lead to something! i'm open to thoughts and suggestions, but all five members already have their superhero counterparts. try and guess who's who !! i hope y'all liked it!! till the next chapter! (cross-posted on ao3 !!)