5th;

12 kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//

 

6:08PM 

 

                  the father, the son & the holy spirit 

hyefood: we need to change the gc name

hyefood: it’s an eyesore 

yenduck: ain’t got time for that kwangbae, i got news!! i think the fairy is dating someone ◉_◉

kkura: w h a t

kkura: spill the beans you rats

yenduck: it’s hitomi. don’t kill her

hyefood: rats- 

kkura: bold of u to assume i would. girlie is like... the softest person ever 

yenduck: have u forgotten her snarky side

kkura: charming

hyefood: still uwu

yenduck: :O yall are brainwashed

hyefood: no she just doesn’t like your teasing

yenduck: :,(

kkura: im bored can i come over @hyefood

hyefood: no why

kkura: to see your girlfriend. i miss her and her free food services :)))

hyefood: nO

yenduck: u literally see her on campus everyday @kkura

kkura: invalid 

kkura: @hyefood solbin dotes on me and you know it

hyefood is now offline

kkura: stingy :<

yenduck: she’s jealous pfftt

yenduck: so

kkura: so

yenduck: which number are you at rn

kkura: what number 

kkura: oh

kkura: down to 8 already ╥﹏╥ yabai

kkura: worried for me? aww duckie :*

hyefood is now online

hyefood: which friend wouldn’t be

hyefood: ur heart is like... hanging on a thread or sumn

yenduck: the feeling is not nice. heartbreak i mean

kkura: u guys talk like this is my first shot at love pfft i know what to expect ladies c a l m down 

hyefood: ssajsidnrsjj jeisdhsie

yenduck: um u ok @hyefood

hyefood: hey kkura! this is solbin :) just borrowing my gfs phone for a bit

kkura: omG biNNIE ♡^▽^♡

hyefood: just wanna let u know that solbin’s free food services™ are always available for u kitten ;)

hyefood: heard about ur... scheme. i hope u know what ure doing :/

hyefood: anyways, knock whenever if u need a shoulder to cry on

kkura: wbk solbin is my one and only saviour 

yenduck: am i included for the free food 

hyefood: it’s only for stray kitties, duckie. solbin, out!

hyefood is now offline 

yenduck: hhh this is a prejudice against ducks :(

kkura: >:D

 

//

 

“, MY FACE!” sakura cried out loud while covering her face with her hands, kicking the air in both pain and anger.

 

her phone just had to fall flat on her face. this wasn’t a one-time incident, in fact, it happened to her a lot whenever she was lying down and texting. sakura is positive the phone dented her forehead and broke her nose, the impact felt like hell, probably even worse— but nothing hurts more than when you stub your pinky toe.

 

“and that is why you never use your phone while lying down flat on your back.” minjoo chuckles, dawdling from the kitchen towards the sofa with a box of chocolate pepero sticks in hand.

 

seeing how sakura’s legs occupied her seat, minjoo casually pulled her legs off the sofa to make space for herself before sitting down with ease. 

 

sakura whines, sitting up properly with her hands still covering her face. she peeks from her dainty fingers and notices the familiar box of chocolate pepero sticks clutched in minjoo’s hands.

 

she releases an inaudible sigh, running a hand down her face.

 

“am i bleeding anywhere on my face?” sakura quizzes, she has work in a few hours and she does not want to show up to the café with lacerations on her face. 

 

minjoo takes a gander at her briefly, her eyes scanning the blonde’s face for any traces of minor bruises or grazes. she shakes her head and turns back to the tv when she doesn’t spot any, inserting a pepero stick in .

 

sakura heaves a sigh of relief, she’s confident to impress her customers with her visual charms now. well, most of the time, it’s the customers who flirt with her, praising her for her ethereal looks and some even had the courage to ask for her number. 

 

there was never a day where sakura would not get tiny pieces of paper consisting of various digits. she’s flattered, but she’s never interested so she would shove it all in her wallet, the papers eventually forgotten.

 

her flirting around with the customers was just to entice them to come to the café again, knowing she’d earn some tips by doing so. 

 

she’s never interested mainly because a certain redhead would constantly run a marathon in her head. it’s impossible to get her out. she’s often fatigued when she comes home from her part time job, but knowing that she’ll come home to minjoo is enough to recharge her battery. it‘s as if she was never lethargic in the first place.

 

“you do realise that’s mine, right?” sakura points out.

 

“no?” minjoo’s eyes darted back and forth between the chocolate sticks and her roommate, looking unbothered.

 

“i bought it from the convenience store yesterday, it’s mine.” sakura scrunches her nose in disapproval, folding her arms in disbelief when minjoo pretended she didn’t know it belonged to her.

 

“i don’t see your name on it.” the redhead shrugs in a chic manner, a sly smirk creeping on her lips.

 

“tsk, chocolate thief.” 

 

sakura doesn’t actually mind though. the other day, she had eaten minjoo’s meringues and the redhead wasn’t at all happy about it, so she figures that this must have been revenge. 

 

instead of being annoyed that minjoo stole her chocolate sticks, sakura finds herself staring at her roommate’s perfectly sculptured side profile. her acute nose, those tempting plump lips, her beautiful long lashes. how she wishes minjoo could just be hers already.

 

but then the conversation of her groupchat earlier abruptly flashed in her mind, reminding her of the news yena had informed her about. 

 

the all mighty kim chaewon is dating. 

 

minjoo is clueless about this. sakura should be rejoicing, pleased, glad because she has a chance. but another (most) part her is disheartened, perturbed because she worries. she worries about the redhead who’s sitting beside her right now, how would she react once she finds out that she no longer has a chance with chaewon?

 

just the thought of minjoo breaking down, with waterfall of tears spilling down her rosy cheeks, eyes red and swollen— makes her stomach lurch, her heart squeeze distressfully. 

 

more than her own, minjoo’s happiness matters. because it’s her disarming smile that makes all her bad days turn good, her captivating eyes that lures her in and how time seems to pause whenever she looks into them. 

 

it’s accurate enough to say that minjoo is the sunshine, while sakura is the sunburn.

 

“you’re staring,” 

 

sakura snaps out of her trance when minjoo catches her, she was glancing at her suspiciously. 

 

“oh, don’t mind me i just forgot how hot you look without bangs.” sakura admits, reaching out to take a stick but she purses her lips when minjoo hunches protectively over the chocolate sticks.

 

“i’m always hot, what are you talking about?” minjoo retorts, as a matter of fact, not even stuttering or feeling shameful.

 

“love the confidence.” sakura chortles at her certainty, she loves it when minjoo is confident of herself.

 

she should be, she has the face of a goddess after all.

 

minjoo stops eating and shoots her an analytical look while sakura blinks several times, puzzled as to why she was being studied.

 

“okay but the way you stared at me just now, it felt different.” 

 

“oh? how different?” sakura acts as if she didn’t know what the latter was talking about, amused that minjoo could actually read her stares.

 

“like there’s something you can’t tell me...”

 

“...is there?” minjoo questions, concern evident in her voice as her eyes scan sakura’s features in scrutiny.

 

unfortunately, minjoo couldn’t decode her (again). sakura is either a great actress or... she really isn’t hiding anything.

 

“what are you talking about?”

 

“nevermind, just drop it.” minjoo gives up at last, turning to watch the tv instead.

 

sakura snorts, half proud at herself for being unreadable at crucial times. in truth, she contemplated whether she should drop the bombshell to minjoo— about chaewon dating, but it eventually dawns on her that minjoo should find out about it herself. it was a better choice.

 

moreover, sakura didn’t really want to have to baby a weeping frog depressed about a lost opportunity. minjoo will find out sooner or later, on her own. 

 

even if she told her, would minjoo believe her?

 

“you gotta pay me back for stealing my food.” sakura uses the pillow to whack minjoo’s thigh lightly, to which the younger wasn’t really pleased about.

 

“seriously?” minjoo rolls her eyes, when sakura stole her food, she never asked for compensations. 

 

so when sakura stated that, minjoo had to resist herself from slapping her at the back of her head. 

 

“well you don’t have to pay me back with money.” with that, sakura wiggled her eyebrows and her lips lifted up in a naughty smile.

 

instantly, minjoo knows of her impish intent. why does sakura always have a weird (and devilish) way of asking for kisses? 

 

“no way.” minjoo rejects almost immediately, she knows what is running through that thick skull of her roommate’s and suddenly, she regrets stealing the her chocolate pepero sticks.

 

to her horror, it is exactly what she thought it is. sakura’s cackle confirms everything.

 

“yes way. let’s do the pepero stick challenge. i need motivation for my night shift.”

 

motivation my !

 

“no! the challenge is stupid, it’s embarrassing!” minjoo protests aloud, emphasising her hatred for such silly, farcical games.

 

sakura releases a grunt upon her objection, running a frustrated hand through her blonde locks. minjoo is difficult at times— actually, most of the time.

 

“the pay back doesn’t involve money and you still don’t want to do it? fine, then i’ll tell chaewon that you want to do the pepero challenge with her.” sakura tries to browbeat her into accepting, knowing full well that it was one of minjoo’s weakness.

 

there is no way minjoo would not decline, she doesn’t know chaewon is taken. yet. 

 

“you wouldn’t.” minjoo gasps, eyes squinting at her sly roommate who takes out her phone out of the blue, fiddling with it before showing her the screen.

 

minjoo could feel a vein popping out on her forehead when the screen shows chaewon’s contact display.

 

‘one of the many chaes but with a WON’

 

minjoo gave her a weird look for putting such a petty name for chaewon. when sakura’s finger threateningly hovers over the call button, minjoo had to hold herself back from pouncing onto the blonde. 

 

one thing minjoo hates about sakura is that the blonde happens to be a daring woman. she does what she wants and she isn’t afraid.

 

she really plays dirty.

 

“try me.” sakura challenged her with a taunting grin.

 

minjoo wanted nothing more than to wipe that idiotic grin off her pretty little face.

 

“you play dirty.” 

 

“it’s because you never cooperate with me.” 

 

“i can’t believe i’m doing this.” minjoo throws her hands up in defeat, biting the inside of her cheek in annoyance.

 

if minjoo is boss at comebacks, sakura rules blackmailing.

 

“oh shut up, if it was chaewon on the other end of this stick, you’d totally go for it.” 

 

thank god minjoo w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter