1st; how it all started.

12 kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//

 

hearing the clinking of keys and an agitated sigh outside the dark mahogany door, minjoo paid no attention to her blonde roommate who subsequently entered and trudged her way into the their humble abode.

 

the redhead throws a monitorial side glance at her roommate as she takes off her shoes. her lips curled up in a subtle smirk when the blonde catches her watchful eyes, ensuring that she placed her shoes on the rack properly instead of throwing it willy-nilly. 

 

strictly no throwing of shoes, sakura gets it. she’s sure that she has memorised all of minjoo’s rules by now, considering her incessant nagging. they have been roommates for nearly a year now.

 

“ugh, i’m so exhausted i could die.” sakura releases a long groan that minjoo is certain that she must have been a zombie in her past life.

 

sakura could definitely land a role as a zombie in the thrillers and minjoo wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. 

 

her eyebrows creased when sakura hurls her bag onto the other end of the sofa carelessly, shooting the blonde an unpleasant stare.

 

unaffected by minjoo’s piercing glare, sakura saunters over to minjoo’s side. sakura is immune to her deadly stares by now, a mere glare wouldn’t be able shake her (much to minjoo’s disappointment).

 

“scoot,” 

 

“there’s more than enough space, in case you’re blind.” minjoo grumbles, but sakura never listens (as always) as she still flopped down beside the redhead. 

 

“i want the popcorns.” sakura reaches a hand out to the giant bowl but minjoo hastily slaps her hand away, hugging the bowl of golden-yellow-scrumptiousness protectively.

 

“make your own, lazy bum.” 

 

sakura frowns as she gives minjoo a questioning look, her eyes darting back and forth between the bowl (particularly the size) and the latter as if making a silent judgement. 

 

the bowl was already half empty.

 

sakura decides not to verbalise her thoughts though, better to be safe than sorry. the last thing she wants is to get her kicked by the said goddess. minjoo may not look like it but she (surprisingly) packs a punch. 

 

so sakura settles on keeping her hands to herself, opting to watch the movie that was being casted on the tv. 

 

“you’re lucky you’re pretty.” sakura shamelessly blurts out and sighs in exasperation but it isn’t anything new to minjoo though.

 

minjoo snorts upon her abrupt compliment, popping a piece in . it isn’t new to her because she knows. minjoo is aware of her roommate’s feelings for her yet she never speaks about it— more like neither of them bothered to bring up the said topic.

 

minjoo thinks it’s best this way, she doesn’t want to lead her on. despite that, sakura still openly displays her affection towards her but she doesn’t mind. it became almost like a routine for the both of them, nothing out of the norm.

 

that being said, sakura is considerate and is careful to never cross any boundaries and for that, minjoo is thankful.

 

she’s grateful that sakura understands, grateful that their relationship remains unaffected. 

 

so she doesn’t give a response.

 

“minjoo, you know that i like you... right?”

 

oh. oh... 

 

it was so out of the blue that minjoo is confounded. she whipped her head towards the blonde whose gaze was still fixed on the screen. she swallowed the last bit of the popcorn, unintentionally tightening her grip on the bowl. 

 

“yeah,” minjoo retorts in a small voice, as if strained to talk. she’s unsure.

 

then sakura angles her body to fully face the younger woman, her eyes intently piercing into hers until she breaks into a small smile.

 

“you know, i kinda wish you feel the same way. it’s getting torturous for me since i really am craving for a girlfriend right now.” sakura chortles as if her statement was blunt and trivial.

 

minjoo shifts her gaze to the bowl of popcorn placed on her lap, lips tightly pressed together. 

 

“sorry.” was all minjoo breathed out.

 

she’s uncertain as to why she apologised when it’s the truth, she doesn’t feel anything for her roommate. 

 

was it out of pity? 

 

she brushes the thought away as soon as it came, it definitely isn’t. she knows sakura isn’t the type of person who could tolerate being someone else’s pity tool.

 

sakura’s light hum as a response causes her to look up at the blonde. minjoo scrutinises her face for... something, anything. but it turns out that maybe she doesn’t really know that much about her roommate after all because she identifies nothing. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter