2nd;

12 kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//

 

creak, swish, swash, clang, thud, a louder thud—

 

“excuse me, but is there a freaking monkey rampaging in the god damned kitchen? are you trying to start world war three back there?!” sakura yells over the hullabaloo coming from the kitchen, irked that it was distracting her from her precious game time.

 

just what in the world was minjoo doing causing a ruckus in the kitchen? chasing after roaches? no, minjoo is too much of a scaredy-cat to do that. the redhead might just die from the sight of one— or any bugs for that matter.

 

sakura remembers vividly this one time when minjoo had dashed (literally) out of the bathroom wrapped only in a towel all the while screeching her lungs out that there was a moth flying around in the bathroom. 

 

minjoo’s screech penetrated her ears like a drill that she was surprised her ears hadn’t bled at that time. of course the whole scene caused her to be astonished, not only was minjoo too underdressed for her but also the fact that the moth was practically the size of a marble drove sakura nuts.

 

honestly, she cannot tell whether the former or the latter made her lose her mind more. in the end, minjoo was able to shower in peace after sakura deliberately took matters in her own hands and captured the moth which was eventually bestowed freedom. 

 

(a round of applause if you may, not every soul would spare the life of a bug which is very important to sustain the food chain- let’s stop here.)

 

now back to the current situation, sakura heaves a sigh before she returns to smashing the living daylights out of the switch (much to the switch’s despair). all was peaceful and reserved until the opening and closing of cabinets disrupted sakura’s tranquil gaming time once again.

 

extremely miffed, sakura shoots up from the sofa with gritted teeth. oh, she’s so ready to throw hands.

 

“KIM MINJOO-“

 

“ah... we ran out of milk. i was looking forward to my cereal too... which is also running out.” a disappointed groan escaped minjoo’s lips.

 

sakura’s eyes followed the redhead as she plodded her way out of the kitchen towards the sofa. minjoo falls back onto the cushion lifelessly with an empty carton of milk in her hand.

 

sakura drew her lower lip between her teeth, trying to contain her laugh when minjoo stared blankly at the ceiling looking spiritually drained as discontent was written on her face. sakura’s lips tugged in a small smile as she went back to her console.

 

“who the hell eats cereal at night? cook some instant noodles, those ought to fill your distressed tummy.” the blonde suggests as a matter of fact but minjoo gives her a disapproving look.

 

minjoo’s eyes narrowed at the blonde whose eyes were glued to the small screen of the handheld console. sakura’s eyes fleet over to minjoo when she felt a pair of eyes boring into her so she stuck her tongue out playfully, irritating minjoo even further.

 

“i won’t eat instant noodles, those are going to deteriorate my health.” minjoo asserts with a finger to point out the obvious.

 

she knew sakura would suggest that since she would often resort to those if ever both of them were too lazy to cook, like right now. sometimes, minjoo worries about her roommate’s health (most of the time she doesn’t care) because sakura could be seen eating endless packets of instant noodles and other food that were definitely detrimental to her health.

 

minjoo still wonders how sakura remains looking like a freaking stick. okay, maybe not a stick... but you get it. (minjoo’s exaggeration game is off the charts.)

 

when sakura pauses her game to look at her with a look of disbelief, minjoo gives her a questioning stare. 

 

“you’re talking about health when you literally ate a whole bowl of popcorn by yourself the other day and just this morning you stuffed your face with strawberry ice cream before going to class.” sakura states with a blank expression as minjoo’s jaw slackens.

 

sakura guffawed when minjoo looked exactly like a deer caught in the headlights. as if the resemblance of a monkey, a llama and a frog weren’t enough. minjoo’s expression capabilities is beyond unique though sakura knows she wouldn’t take that as a compliment.

 

versatile queen indeed.

 

“you saw that?!” sakura flinched at minjoo’s sudden exclaimation, clicking her tongue as she rubs her poor ears. 

 

see, this is what she deals with every day. bless her ears.

 

“i happened to pass by the kitchen on my way out and saw you devouring a small cup of ice cream. so much for a diet, eh?” 

 

minjoo pinches sakura’s thigh, earning a squeak from the latter who then mouthed a profanity. well, at least she managed to wipe off her smug grin. 

 

“i don’t get why you want to diet when you already have a jjinja nice body.” sakura enunciated clearly, shrugging idly as she continues to rub the reddening spot on her thigh. 

 

minjoo scrunches her face upon her roommate’s remarks, suddenly feeling dubious. 

 

“why do you say that as if you’ve seen my body before?” minjoo queries slowly in a skeptical manner, her eyes perforating holes through the blonde who teasingly shrugged.

 

“i wish i did- OW! I’M JOKING I’M JOKING!” 

 

see? sakura wasn’t kidding when she mentioned minjoo packs a punch. her punch felt like it broke sakura’s feeble shoulder blades (she’s just weak). sakura drags herself back to create more space between them just in case, throwing a death glare at minjoo whose lips twitched in annoyance. 

 

sakura pouts as she pats her shoulder to ease the pain, feigning a look of distress. 

 

“don’t be surprised if the police comes knocking on our door one day. i might’ve just reported you for abuse.” sakura cackles silently, causing minjoo to roll her eyes.

 

“if that unnecessary praise was a way to ask for a kiss, you are not getting any.” minjoo threatens, pointing a finger at the blonde who gasped dramatically. 

 

well the game doesn’t consist of any rules that needed to be abided by— since sakura didn’t make any. moreover, it was sakura who proposed it. in conclusion, minjoo’s statement is completely invalid (sakura is currently laughing evilly in her head upon realisation).

 

“pft, jokes on you. i don’t have to ask since it was my idea.” sakura remonstrated, curving up in a mischievous grin. 

 

minjoo pretends she doesn’t hear and proceeds to throw the empty carton in the kitchen before coming back into the living room. sakura snorts when no response came, miyawaki has emerged victorious! 

 

[sakura; 1 | minjoo; 0]

 

“get your off the couch right now, we’re going grocery shopping.” minjoo promptly announces, strolling to her room.

 

at this rate, minjoo has a thousand over scenarios in her head regarding the many ways to plot her aggravating roommate’s murder— she’s kidding... let’s hope.

 

“no, not unless you let me kiss you.” sakura huffs.

 

“you don’t think i can’t go on my own?”

 

god damn it. the power kim minjoo holds over her. heaving a tired, prolonged sigh, sakura switches off her nintendo and sprawls on the sofa lazily. it was obvious that sakura would tag along. there is no way in hell that she is ever going to let minjoo go out alone at night. furthermore, the redhead would need all the help she can get to carry the plastic bags afterwards.

 

as everyone would say— whipped.

 

[sakura; 1 | minjoo; 100]

 

“tss, fine. you’re lucky i love you!”

 

“not lucky!” minjoo belts from her room almost immediately, offending the blonde.

 

“um? ouch?!” 

 

also, she is totally going to get that second kiss tonight. 

 

///

 

a pain in the , as minjoo would describe sakura. she rubs her temples and releases a vexed sigh. minjoo stares at sakura with an unamused look. who wouldn’t be? the blonde had deliberately shoved herself in the shopping cart when they first stepped foot into the store. 

 

yes, sometimes the older woman does this and minjoo is never pleased. it always ends up with minjoo having to admonish her juvenile roommate. except this time, sakura is too indulged with her switch that she kept dismissing minjoo’s warnings. 

 

hitting a brainwave, minjoo continues pushing the heavy (we know what or rather, who the cause is) shopping car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter