Before I Left

What They Say About Love and Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His thumbs were going around in a circle over the keypad, confused at what he should say next. This was his last chance.

He looked up to see the clock on the wall.

There’s not so much time left.

 

“To be honest, I was thinking about you a lot last night. How I want to say many things just to convey how much I thankful for our relationship. It melts me when you're being honest with your feelings. Meanwhile, I'm not good with words. But I hope you know how I feel.”

 

As Jaebeom sat in front of the mirror, he was remembering everything that happened for the past several years. Jinyoung came to his life in the most unexpected way. He’s so beautiful, straightforward yet very careful with his words. He was good at taking care of people. They had the same interests and that was the thing that brought them together in the first place.

Their first encounter was when Jinyoung approached him out of nowhere and asking him what camera did he use. That was Sunday evening when Jaebeom just strolled around the beach, taking some pictures and enjoying the sights. Jaebeom was pretty flustered at first, but this guy didn’t care at all. He kept telling Jaebeom that he likes photography and still learn many things about it. They were talking long enough until Jaebeom gave an idea to exchange their camera and learn from each other.

He never expected that this idea would bring him into a whole new experience because as soon as he saw this person through the camera, Jaebeom just couldn’t think anymore. Jinyoung stood there, holding his camera while staring at the wave that swept the sand away endlessly. His angelic side profile was seen in the reflected rays of the setting sun as the summer breeze blew his hair softly like it tried to soothe him.

Jaebeom couldn't hear anything besides his heartbeat pounded so fast. He was looking through his lens for a while, adoring this beautiful man before him. And that moment was really imprinted in his memory to this day.

One led to another, they both already became friends. Though, Jaebeom realized that this was different. This wasn’t just an ordinary feeling that could disappear easily and he also didn’t have guts to tell the truth either. Besides, he felt Jinyoung never romantically thought of him that way because he always treated him like his big brother. That’s why maybe it would be better to keep his feelings to himself rather than ruin their friendship. So, he started seeing another guy and that’s when he found the man who now becomes his boyfriend that he loves so much.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter