School Meal Club vs 3Mix Part 2

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo glared at Dahyun. What should be a friendly match almost turned out to be an actual finals match. She took a deep breath and passed the ball towards Nayeon, who was instantly marked by Chaeyoung. She passed it back to Jeongyeon who passed it back to Jihyo. The Captain looked at her 2 best friends and nodded, if they were going to win this, they have to take risks. Nayeon, realizing what Jihyo meant, sprinted down the line with Chaeyoung on her tail. Jihyo dribbled towards Dahyun, she hid her left hand behind her back, letting Jeongyeon know the timing.

"Is she doing what I think she's doing?" Momo said as she munched on chips she bought before the match.

"I think-" But before Mina could finish her sentence, Jeongyeon was running up from her goal.

"3, 2, 1. The 'Decoy' is in play." Sana looked on, curious as to how this play will end up.

Jihyo counted down with her fingers, '3, 2, 1, 0', she made a fist as she continued dribbling towards Dahyun's goal. Now, in Dahyun's view, she couldn't see what was happening behind Jihyo. All she could see was Jihyo dribbling towards her with 1 hand behind her back. She tried to lunge in for the tackle but Jihyo suddenly backheeled the ball and continued to run towards the other side of the wing. Now, Jihyo and Nayeon were on opposite wings, with Jihyo being free from Dahyun's marking. The ball rolled towards Jeongyeon, which caught Dahyun off guard to see their goalkeeper run out of their goal. Dahyun ran as fast as her legs could bring her towards Jeongyeon but Jeongyeon dinked the ball upfield towards Jihyo with her first touch. Dahyun could only look as the ball sailed above her head and landed at Jihyo's feet, who controlled the ball with the side of her foot. The ball bounced neatly and from her side of the wing, she saw Nayeon running down towards her with Chaeyoung right beside her, trying to knock her off balance. Jihyo dribbled down the wing and looked up at the goal being guarded by Tzuyu. The girl was tall, she couldn't lie about that but she knew what to do and Nayeon knew what she was up to.

As Jihyo made it into the box, Tzuyu ran out, arms wide as she tried to block Jihyo's shot. As Jihyo was about to take the shot, Tzuyu shut her eyes and slid towards the Captain. Usually, she would hear the sound of the ball hitting the boot but all she could hear was Dahyun shouting, "Tzuyu, no! It's a fake shot! Chaeyoung, stop her!". Tzuyu snapped her eyes open and saw Jihyo still with the ball by her feet, with a clear shot at goal. Chaeyoung, who was marking Nayeon, left her to defend the open goal. Jihyo now had the goal in her sight, but the plan was still in play.

Dahyun realized what she was doing and snapped her head at Nayeon, who was wide open. Her eyes widened as she ran towards her as fast as she could. Nayeon looked towards Dahyun who was speeding down towards her and she gasped.

"Jihyo, pass pass! She's catching up!" Nayeon urged her team mate as Dahyun began to get closer and closer towards her.

Jihyo looked to where she left Dahyun and saw the pale girl with her head down and running towards Nayeon. She looked at Nayeon, who luckily was not in an offside position, passed the ball towards the oldest as hard as she could. Dahyun looked on as the ball gradually rolls towards Nayeon. She made a last ditch effort to slide towards the ball but it just missed her by an inch as the ball reached Nayeon's feet who tapped the ball into the empty net. Nayeon fist pumped the air and shouted as Ms Sunmi blew her whistle, signalling a goal towards Jihyo's side. Nayeon ran towards Jihyo and gave her a high five and gave one to Jeongyeon too as they made their way back to the starting line.

"It worked! I can't believe it worked! How did that work?" Mina asked, feeling excited about the new tactic that the Captain had taught of.

"Jeongyeon's not only a goalkeeper, she practiced her long range passing tons of times with Nayeon and Jihyo. I saw it once after school. They practiced it even during practice sessions with Ms Sunmi." Momo explained as she continues to munch on the chips.

"That's why Jeongyeon's one-time long range pass reached its intended target. Most of the time it runs out of play, which really disappointed Jeongyeon. I'm glad it worked out for her now." Sana explained further to which Mina nodded in understanding. 

"Jihyo-unnie, that was a good tactic. The backheel surprised me alot. I thought that you were going to shoot but once I saw Nayeon so wide open, it was too late. That won't happen again." Dahyun smiled as she made her way to the ball at the centre of the pitch. Jihyo gave her a thumbs up as a way of saying thanks as she wiped her sweat with her jersey.

Sana couldn't help but gulp audibly when Dahyun lifted her jersey up to wipe her sweat that was on her face. Mina and Momo looked at her with their eyes wide as they teased Sana who blushed when she saw Dahyun's abs and belly.

"I'm sorry unnies! That was my fault!" Tzuyu shouted from her goal.

"Don't worry about it, Chewy ah!" Chaeyoung gave her a thumbs up and looked at the bench where Mina was seated. She found the said girl staring at her and she smiled widely, showing her dimples in which Mina looked away. Chaeyoung giggled at her reaction and focused back on the game.

Tzuyu let out a sigh as she took the hairband on her wrist and tied her hair up in a ponytail. The action left Momo to choke on her chips as she struggled to find a water bottle. Mina quickly passed her the bottle and she happily gulpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter