School Meal Club vs 3Mix Part 1

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Ms Sunmi blew her whistle, Jihyo deliberately passed the ball to Dahyun, who looked at her suspiciously. She just gave her a small smile as she jogged back into midfield with Nayeon in defence and Jeongyeon in goal. Dahyun looked at Ms Sunmi who shrugged and asked her to get on with the play. She turned to Chaeyoung who shrugged and went to her side. 

"What's the plan, bro?" Chaeyoung whispered as she covers so that they won't decipher what she said.

"Let's just go with what we usually do, Chaeng."

She nodded and went to her favorite position on the left while Dahyun instructed Tzuyu to standby at their goalpost and guard it. Dahyun looked around the field, determining her options. Jihyo is standing in the middle while Nayeon is marking Chaeyoung. As Sana looked on from the bench, she kept her eyes on Dahyun, trying to understand her motives and what was her next action. Mina was focusing on Chaeyoung's movement but it was hard to do so as she was being marked by Nayeon. After a few seconds, Dahyun made up her mind. She began dribbling the ball down the middle, surprising Jihyo who moved towards Dahyun to try and steal the ball from her. As Dahyun got gradually closer and closer, Jihyo watched the ball with intensity, almost anticipating for something to happen. Sensing an opportunity, she tried to steal the ball from Dahyun with a slide tackle, only to feel nothing but grass by her feet. She turned around and saw Dahyun making a long ball towards the 18 yard box. She couldn't believe it herself, she, Park Jihyo, one of the school's best defender, just missed a tackle on her opponent. 

Dahyun skipped past Jihyo's challenge and looked at Chaeyoung who knew what was her next move will be. She looked at Nayeon who tried to close her down but Chaeyoung did a body feint to the left then to the right, which made Nayeon lose her footing, causing her to land on her as Chaeyoung ran towards the 18 yard box. Dahyun pinged the ball forward into the air, timing it to Chaeyoung's run. Jihyo quickly got up and ran towards the box as quickly as she could while Nayeon did the same but the ball already reached Chaeyoung's feet at the penalty area which she slotted it in to the bottom corner past Jeongyeon who tried to reach for the ball. Ms Sunmi looked in awe as she blew her whistle, signalling that it was a goal to Dahyun's side. Chaeng ran back to Dahyun who brofisted. Tzuyu cheered from her line as the three of them got back into positions. Jihyo looked at her 2 best friends and nodded. Jeongyeon collected the ball and passed it to Jihyo who placed the ball in the center of the mini pitch. Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon up from the ground, the latter thanking her and moved up front, away from her usual position. Jeongyeon noticed it and smirked. If there's one thing Nayeon hates, it's being humiliated. She will do anything to get revenge on her opponent. Jihyo saw Nayeon on her right side, who signalled her the number 1 with her finger. Jihyo widened her eyes but nodded nonetheless.

"Chaeng, watch for Nayeon. I'll deal with Jihyo." Chaeyoung nodded and went over to cover Nayeon's side, who glared at her. She couldn't help but feel intimidated by Nayeon's glare but she held her ground and maintained her focus on the said girl. Dahyun kept her eye on Jihyo who was unmoving and silent. She took a deep breath and exhaled. She kicked the ball towards Nayeon who passed it back to her. Nayeon continued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter