Prologue

Koi no Yokan |  恋の予感

I was on the set of my new movie, when I received the invitation to an award show in Korea. The year before I had had the main role in a Korean movie and I had been nominated for the award best main character. To be honest, I didn't know whether I would be able to make it because of my current movie project. I told my concern to my manager. “Don't worry, Yuta. I already talked to the director. He said, they could let you go for two days and film the parts you're not in,” my manager told me. “Just see this as a chance to relax for two days. Recently you haven't been able to do that a lot.” I smiled and nodded.

He was right. Maybe I could just relax for a bit.

Is it already known who the other nominees are?” I asked.

If so, then they haven't told me. But I think they'll upload the guest list in the next few days.”

For the rest of the day I hadn't had much time to think about the award show, I had to concentrate on my acting, but when I got home in the evening (actually it was late at night), I checked the event's website for the guest list. Most of the actors I knew or at least heard of, but there were also some musicians and idols who were coming, that I knew nothing about. Some were there as guests, some as nominees, like Kim Jungwoo, a newcomer actor, who was originally an idol singer. I had watched the drama he had been in and I must say I was impressed by his acting. Apparently his group was coming with him, as well as a rapper called Taeyong.

Okay then,” I said. “What am I going to wear?”


I was sitting in my studio working on a new song, when Jungwoo came bursting in followed by my girlfriend Thea.

Hyung, I need you to do me a favor,” he said.

What favor?” I asked with a confused frown on my face. I looked at my girlfriend, who just smiled at me, saying nothing.

I want you to come to the award show with me,” he answered my question. “I need moral support by someone who doesn't make fun of me.” By now I was really confused. I knew Jungwoo was nominated for the Rookie Award, but I really didn't get what this talk about moral support and making fun of him was about.

Who's making fun of you?” I asked, my “mom-mode”, as my friends liked to call it, was activated.

Lucas, Mark and Xiao Jun.” Now I was really confused.

Why are they making fun of you?” I asked.

Because Yuta will be there...” Now I got it. Jungwoo was a really big fan of Yuta, he was his role model, and in my opinion (and in Lucas', Mark's and Xiao Jun's as well) he had a bit of a crush on him. But I guess the difference between me and his group members was, that I didn't make fun of him for it.

But why me? You have plenty of other friends that don't make fun of you.” To be honest I didn't want to go. Not that I wouldn't do Jungwoo a favor like that under normal circumstances, but I had an album to finish and I was already behind. And events like those weren't exactly my thing. I only ever went when I absolutely had to. That was, where my girlfriend stepped in.

It will do you good to leave the studio for once. I get that you have to finish your album, but how can you get inspiration, when all you do is sit and do nothing but writing? Just do Jungwoo this favor and leave your album for one night,” she said and looked at me with those eyes that stated, “no” wasn't accepted as an answer.

I sighed in defeat. “Alright. I'll go.”

Thea and I met at a foto shooting. She was a model and I did a collaboration with her. She was truly amazing. Not only was she beautiful, she was also kind and warmhearted, so it didn't surprise me, that she wanted me to help Jugwoo. She was a person like that. She always wanted to help others.


A week later I flew to Seoul at noon on the day of the award show. I greeted my fans at both air ports and left for my hotel, where I relaxed for about an hour, before I left to go to the city. I hadn't been in Seoul for quite some time and I wanted to see, how the city had changed. Together with my manager and my bodyguard I walked along the streets of Seoul and took some fotos, until we finally sat down in a café.

Are you excited about tonight?” my manager asked me .

I wouldn't say excited, no. But I'm definitely looking forward to it. There are a few people I haven't met yet that I would love to talk to, and of course there are also some friends I haven't seen in a while.” I showed him my signature grin. “And of course it would be awesome, if I won, but for me that is just an extra.”

 

In the evening, about two hours before the show, I started to get ready. I was wearing a black suit and a black dress shirt. Underneath a black choker and a thin silver necklace decorated my neck. In addition I wore dark eye make up — eye-catching but not too excessive.

On the red carpet, I stood next to Jungwoo, the newcomer actor, and his group and I was determined to talk to him. I wanted to congratulate him on the success of his drama and I wanted him to know, that I liked his acting. From experience I knew it was important to be supported by seniors in the same field, because it helped one keep going, when there is a hard time. I also had people like that, besides my family, and had it not been for them, I probably would have given up on acting a long time ago.

When we moved on and entered the event hall, I followed the direction Jungwoo was heading to. When I arrived at his side, there was already someone else, I suppose the rapper I had seen on the guest list the other day. He was strikingly beautiful, I had to give him that.

Hello,” I said, interrupting the little talk the group had. “I'm sorry to interrupt, my name is Nakamoto Yuta. I wanted to congratulate you for the success of your drama.”

U-Um, thank you. I am a big fan of yours,” Jungwoo said. “My name is Kim Jungwoo, and these are my members Lucas, Mark and Xiao Jun and my friend Taeyong.” Jungwoos voice was trembling a bit, I could hear how nervous he was.

I smiled at him and said “I wish you good luck. Don't be nervous, it's not so bad, you'll see. See you around.” I waved at him and left for my place.

My co-stars and I were sharing a table and I was happy to see them again.

How have you been,” I asked.


On the day of the award show Jungwoo visited me at my studio again. He said he wanted to make sure that I'll really come.

Relax,” I told him. “My outfit is ready. It's laying on the couch over there.” The outfit I would be wearing was a suit, black except for the jacket, which was made out of red velvet. But I wouldn't be wearing much make up, my hair was eye-catching enough as it was. Not many people had bright pink hair like I did.

 

I arrived at the show about 20 minutes before Jungwoo did, which as why I was waiting for him and the others inside of the evot the time to go around thirsting after other boys! I told myself.

One could say I was relieved when Yuta left, not because I didn't like him, more because that moment shortly before caused an unsettling feeling in my gut, one that told me everything was going to change.

For the rest of the evening, I didn't waste another thought on Yuta, at least not until Yuta was called to the stage to receive his award. I watched him go up the stairs, his movements were graceful and beautiful and this time I couldn't stop my heart from beating faster.ent hall. When Jungwoo arrived, I had no idea that Yuta, Jungwoo's idol, would show up behind him, not a minute after we started talking. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Yuta's. I had watched some of his movies and he was a great actor, but I wasn't a fan like Jungwoo was. But when I saw him in person, I realized what all the hype was about. He was really beautiful. When he turned away from Jungwoo to greet me I could feel my heart skipping a beat and then continuing at a faster pace for a second, before I got a hold of myself. You have a girlfriend, dammit! This is not the time to go around thirsting after other boys! I told myself.

One could say I was relieved when Yuta left, not because I didn't like him, more because that moment shortly before caused an unsettling feeling in my gut, one that told me everything was going to change.

For the rest of the evening, I didn't waste another thought on Yuta, at least not until Yuta was called to the stage to receive his award. I watched him go up the stairs, his movements were graceful and beautiful and this time I couldn't stop my heart from beating faster.