nightmare

eyes closed | rosé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chaeyoung  x  namjoon

it was in the middle of peaceful night when chaeyoung's head suddenly began turning to left and right simultaneously, sweats started dripping on her forehead and frown was visible on her beautiful face as if she's having a nightmare. seconds after, she jolted awake with a scream, looking frantically to her dark surrounding. still panting heavily, she the night lamp and grabbed her phone on the night stand and checked the time.

12.10 a.m.

she sighed heavily. the nightmare’s coming again.

just when she’s about to grab a drink, her phone’s ringing. who in the world is calling in the middle of the night? she grabbed her phone and read the caller id. joon oppa. without thinking much longer, she slide the answer button.

“hey there, princess.” greeted a deep voice whom she missed so much. “you haven’t sleep yet?”

“hi, oppa. i slept already, but—”

he quickly cut her off. “it’s the nightmare again, isn’t it?”

he knows me too well.

“do you want to facetime?” chaeyoung hummed in response. “hold on.”

seconds later, the call turned into a facetime and there she could see the face she missed the most. she instantly smiled when she saw his face.

“hey again, gorgeous.” he said and smiled, showing his signature dimples.

he loves seeing his girlfriend’s bare face and he’s grateful for her to trust him that she’s comfortable enough to show him her bare face.

“hi again, oppa.” she said shyly. it never ceased to amaze him that after all this time, she always getting shy whenever they’re facetiming each other.

“babe, you okay?” he shot her a worried look.

chaeyoung gave him her best smile to assure him. “i’m okay, oppa. now that you’re calling me, i’m feeling much better now.”

“why do you always having your nightmare whenever we’re miles apart like this?” he asked. “it makes me upset that i can’t be there to comfort you.”

“it’s okay, oppa. maybe it just because i miss you so much?” she said. “when can we meet again?” she pouted her lips, slightly upset because their schedule made them difficult to meet with each other.

“i don’t know, chaeng.” he sighed. “you know that we just had our comeback and you’re going on your world tour. so maybe it’s going to be awhile later until we can meet with each other. i miss you so damn much too, you know.”

they're being quiet for few minutes, thinking deeply just how the world was being cruel enough to let them being apart for that long time. until chaeyoung broke the silence by humming halsey’s part in boy with luv.

“i love your new album.” chaeyoung complimented.

namjoon smiled when seeing her no longer with that sad face. “yeah, you already told me that when i let you heard them for the first time. and i guess that you still upset because you didn’t get to meet halsey, am i right?”

“right. i just couldn’t believe that you guys chose to shoot the mv when i’m on tour.” she scoffed and it made him chuckle.

“ya, i’ve told you that it wasn’t my decision to decide what day we shoot the mv.”

“but still.” chaeyoung pouted her lips again.

“oh, how i wish i was there so that i can kiss that pouty lips of yours.” he said and smirked.

chaeyoung could feel her cheeks reddened because of his comment. he always know to make her blush.

“cute.” namjoon said while seeing her flushed face.

“yaaah, stop it oppa.” she pulled her blanket to cover half of her face, while her boyfriend laughed enjoying the cute scene.

“hey, it’s getting late in there, right? you should sleep now, chaeng.”

chaeyoung looked at the clock and he’s right, it’s getting late now. it’s almost two in the morning. that's when she started to feel sleepy again. she yawned and politely covered .

“sleep now, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter