Fourteen

Concealed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    Note: Sehun can't go in another heat again since he just came out of one, even though he hadn't taken his suppressants. I am talking about the sudden heat his doctor told him will happen if he missed a day.    
Standing outside the Kims mansion, Sehun was looking at the wide, black double doors that lead into the house. He hadn’t actually knocked yet and was just staring down the doors like he magically expected them to open by themselves. He was suddenly nervous and wasn't sure how to approach Kai and ask him to come home without giving his feelings away. He was in love with Kai,that much was true, and would like to have something good between them but at same time he was scared and terrified of many things. Sehun bit down hard on his lip as he knocked on the door before quickly moving back far enough for his heels to almost knock against the pillar behind him. He hadn’t taken his meds yet, he couldn’t after everything that he learned about his counterpart today, he didn't want his inner Omega to feel unwated. He would shift tomorrow and then after he would continue to take his meds but now he was just Sehun the Omega he was born to be. Breathing out heavily, he stepped back to not be a bother for the other man or whoever might open the door. Time ticked by extremely slowly and Sehun was almost contemplating leaving when there was a sound coming from the other side of the door, followed by one of them being pulled open. Sehun held his breath and looked at Kai who now stood only a few paces away from him, hair, clothes and make-up on point as always, but with a surprised look on his face. , Sehun thought, suddenly remembering all of his worries from when he first woke up. He had looked like a mess, he had smelled, he had been weak and pathetic and worthless and what if Kai had been grossed out? Why was he even here? It felt as if Kai was a stranger all of a sudden. “Eh, I just wanted to say thank you, Jimin told me about how you helped” Sehun said, the words coming out of his mouth a little too quickly “So yeah, thank you! Bye”. “Sehun, wait” Kai’s voice was so soft and warm and Sehun paused, eyes fixed on the warlock in front of him, why did he look so, warm? “You came all this way, at least come in for a… cup of tea?” his tone questioning and calm enough for Sehun to not feel like he was being ordered to. Sehun was confident in what he was good at but now he was riddled with doubt and questions. “I don’t know if I should, I haven’t–” Sehun stopped mid sentence looking down at his hips, not sure if telling the Alpha that he hadn’t taken the pills that block his scent was a good idea Kai instantly understood what Sehun meant because he could smell him, that soft calming scent and another sweet intoxicating scent, even if he was standing a few paces away he could and it was nothing like that faint poor excuse of a scent he had caught off him the other times. It was Sehun's distinctive scent, rose and honey and Kai's mind was going haywire– it was undeniably the scent of true mate. The same scent he had dreamt about over and over, the same scent he had caught on Sehun one time before it disappeared. Now he actually understood Sehun was the one. He fought the growl threatening to leave his throat and closed his eyes for a brief moment. Now wasn't the time for his inner Alpha to be excited, the two parts of him would have time to celebrate. The Alpha in him, finally finding its true mate and the human part for knowing he and his inner Alpha were on the same page, the human fell in love with the right person. Their mate. Kai blinked out of his trance when he heard Sehun made a sound. Wanting to reassure him, Kai smiled “I know, the distance between us isn’t great enough for me not to notice” “I don’t want to be a bother” Sehun mumbled, having heard enough times what a hazard Omegas were to Alphas and how the way they distracted them were unwanted and unneeded. Kai tightened his fingers up into a tight fist and cursed the Ohs–and everyone that ever caused Sehun's insecurities–under his breath at what they were reducing their own kind to as he looked at Sehun, tall and strong, trying to make himself look as small as possible. “You are not a bother any more than I am, so if you’d like, I would love for you to come have a cup of tea with me.” Kai tried to keep it light, figuring that it wouldn’t help either of them if he went on a rant about how stupid and useless the Ohs were. Sehun nodded before the words actually left his mouth, needing a second confirmation that it was okay though “Are you sure?” “As sure as I have ever been about anything in my life” Kai confirmed with a smile, taking a step to the side, holding the door open for Sehun if he chose to come in. “Okay” Sehun said, pushing himself away from the pillar, walking toward the warm and inviting mansion, relaxing a little from the calming scent as soon as he reached Kai and the door was closed behind him.

***

Kai had been surprised –but in a positive way–when Sehun had decided to actually come in for a cup of tea. He thought the other wouldn't want to be close to him since he hadn't taken his suppressants. Sehun had seemed a little stiff and out of place to start with, but as soon as Kai had asked him about his brother Sehun had quickly seemed more comfortable and they had talked in length about Kris, before changing the subject that had been on Kai's mind. "Sehun I know it's not my place to say this, please don't take it wrongly, I am just worried for your health as a friend." He paused to look at Sehun's body language for a moment to make sure if he should continue, when he saw the omega still relaxed he carried on. "can you please stop taking those suppressants? We both know their not good for." Sehun watched him, now he had a frown. "I can't do that, not now, I am not ready to tell my parents." "You don't have to tell anyone, I have a better way to keep your identity hidden without it endangering your health." Sehun dropped his cup gently on the table, his interest showing openly on his face. "You do?" “I wouldn't dare to ask you to stop if I don't have another solution. ”Kai smiled and sipped his Ice Tea. "I can brew you a potion, it is commonly known in our society– I mean warlocks. warlock omegas use it to keep their identity hidden and it worked perfectly fine with no side effects, I will make it for you if you want." “Of course I'd like that” Sehun nodded, seeming eager in an almost childish way, making Kai wonder just how he was able to form a sentence while looking at the tall omega, and Oh Gods, how could he smell this good?  Stirring his drink with his finger, Kai the liquid of it as his eyes wandered over Sehun, finding it impossible to ‘turn it off’ when it came to the man in front of him, he smiled when his eyes darted to the omegas face."I am happy to know you're considering it, I can help you with it anytime you want." "Can you uhm make it today?" "I can but I'd need a few ingredients to make it last, I will need Jungkook's help, his Dad is an Omega and also a specialist on those kind of things– the Jeons are healers in the warlock community and doctors in the human society and luckily Jungkook told me he'll be coming to see me tonight, I can ask him to get the ingredients." Sehun hummed, Jungkook had mentioned that and that was how he came to know Jungkook was a doctor. "How long will it take then?" "By tomorrow morning it will be ready." Sehun let out a sigh clearly in relief. "Please do make it" "I will." Kai promised. "So how does it work? I mean if I drink it will it start taking effect immediately?" Kai nodded. "It will, and the effect will last for a month or two depending on how your body accept the potion, you don't have to take it continuesly." Sehun grinned all of a sudden."where have you been all my life?" "Sleeping in my apartment" Kai said in a playful tone and they both laughed. "But seriously why didn't you ever offer this before?" "Because you never confide in me"  Sehun nodded. "You're right." Then he glanced around as if looking for someone. "Where are the other house inhabitants?" "Mom is still in the office, Tae probably at school or the office with mom." He shrugged. " The house maids are in their quarters." "Ah, Tae mentioned having an exam today." "Yeah he did" Kai confirmed, placing his cup on the table beside Sehun's, then he remembered he hadn't mentioned something important about the potion he was going to make for him. "Eh, I forget to mention something." Sehun looked up. "What is it?" "The potion– there's one thing you need to know." Kai said. "The person that makes it for you won't be affected by it, I mean your scent won't change to me, I can still tell what you smelled like even when everyone doesn't. Is that– is that okay with you?" Kai hoped Sehun would say it was okay. Because he'd hate to miss that exciting aroma and he'd hate for Sehun to continue hiding the old way. He was genuinely worried for his health after witnessing how much in pain Sehun had been. "Of course it's okay, you already know I am an Omega and we live together– speaking of which, I want you to come back– I mean you don't have to give me some space, it's your house and–" "It's okay, I know it's my house but it's also yours, if you don't want me in there for a while, I will have to stay away." Sehun sho
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter