Page 1

19th of March
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome back, my favorite gorgeous cousin. "

It is Minju's task in fetching Hyewon at the airport today, the younger girl drop her cardboard and open her arms widely to welcome Hyewon. 


Hyewon just rolled her eyes when she read the words written on the cardboard. It has an arrow pointing down saying "you gorgeous cousin is here. "

Hyewon chuckles at her cousins antics.


"Well what can I say, it runs in our blood."

Minju snaps her fingers, smiling. "That's why your my favorite."

They both broke the hug after. 


"Hmm, you still smell like America's air. You really had to live there long enough huh, I'm starting to think you'll never coming back." Minju pouts as they take strides to her car.

Hyewon stops driving for awhile now.


"Nah, how can I resist not coming back to you. You guys become my home."

After the accident, Hyewon got traumatized to the point that seeing car lights scared her.Thats why she stopped driving.

It was all still fresh.

Good thing Uber is a thing nowadays. 

She got nightmares after it. The girl, the blood, the guilt. She dealt with it all by herself on the first week after that night. 

Thankfully, after a month- her cousin Minju transferred in Seoul for her study too. Turns out Minju already know some people there and Hyewon got acquainted with them.

 

She was unable to go to school with them but she did shared good memories with them before deciding to go to states.

"They all misses you. "


Minju open the passenger seat for Hyewon to get in. Luggages were on the backseat.

The younger girl then run in front and settle on the driver seat.


"And Yena's still so mad, you'll have a hard time taming her after MIA-ing like that. "

Hyewon sigh. "I know."



Minju starts the engine after she made sure Hyewon buckled up her seatbelt, she let the girl play a song.


"How are you? Heard your book got good responses."

Hyewon open her window and inhaled a full amount of air. 3 years is quite long, a lot of things changed here.


"Luckily it did."


"Why is it titled 19th of March though? What happened on the 19th of that month? " Minju Attempted to start a conversation again. But Hyewon seems not so down with it.

"Just a day I won't forget."

"Right."

 


"So what happened to Cherry Blossom?"

Minju knows about the scrapbook that Hyewon treasures alot, but she doesn't know why and what's in it.

They just read the front part of it since Hyewon always take it with her. The "love, your cherry blossom" part. They then all starts to call it cherry blossom.

Hyewon blink before closing the window back. She sit straight and puts on her usual expression, expressionless.

"I'd rather not talk about it."


Seeing the dark clouds surrounding her cousin, Minju gave up the topic.

Hyewon always act like this when that topic was being talked, and Minju don't know why she keeps on pushing her luck on her cousin. It's being curious all the time, you know.

 


"How's school? "

"Great, classes will start next week."

"I know"

"I'm really glad that you decided to transfer at the same schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter