Chapter 8

Here We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae's stylist frowned as the brunet took his chair. She didn't say anything, but he knew why she was upset, and it wasn't because he was late… again. Glancing into the mirror, he confirmed that his lips were as red and swollen as he imagined them to be and he blushed with guilt. He had gotten into the bad habit of making out with Hyukjae every chance he got. The lure of the blond's plump lips was impossible to resist and the many sets, dressing rooms, and prop closets made it too easy for them to sneak off for a few minutes of intimacy.

The stylist began fixing the makeup around his mouth and Donghae's blush deepened. His stylist and his manager were constantly trying to hunt him down and, distracted by their lust, the two lovers didn't always hear them approaching. They had been caught red-handed by the two more than a few times.

He felt bad for making their jobs harder, but at the same time, he wasn't willing to give up any of his precious time with Hyukjae. Especially since he was still hearing rumors about Eunhyuk's inevitable death. Whenever he tried to bring it up, Hyukjae would brush it off, but Donghae knew the blond was just as worried and unsure as he was.

Donghae caught Hyukjae's reflection in the mirror and without realizing it his lips curled into a flirty smirk as the blond approached him. "Hey. You got me in trouble again."

"Should I kiss you somewhere less obvious from now on?" Hyukjae whispered into the brunet's ear before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He saw the stylist frown, not because of the affectionate gesture, but because he was smudging Donghae's makeup again, so he gave her a sheepish smile. "The director wants to film the next scene. Are you ready?"

Donghae glanced at his stylist who simply excused the two lovebirds with an annoyed wave of her brush. Even though they had agreed on keeping their relationship a secret, they had been caught by the stylist enough times that it would have been silly to pretend she didn't know. She was a good person and had been with Donghae since the beginning of his career, so he trusted her not to say anything.

As they turned to walk away, the stylist grabbed Hyukjae’s arm and told him to wait.  She dabbed some foundation onto her makeup brush and quickly covered up the hickey on his neck, then waved them away again, but not before giving Donghae another stern glare.  Between the two of them, she had had to hide more than a few hickey’s and since they were usually on Hyukjae’s body, she blamed the brunet.

“Stop blushing,” Hyukjae whispered as they walked towards the set.

“I can’t help it!”  Seeing the hickey had reminded him of how he had worshiped Hyukjae’s body the night before.  It was something Donghae had fantasized about a lot when he was only a fan, and now that he had the chance to act on his impulses, he found it impossible to control himself.

“We’re supposed to be having an argument in this scene, not blushing and fantasizing about topics that this show is not rated for.”

“How did you know I was fantasizing?!”

“I was talking about myself,” Hyukjae said with a grin.

“After we’re done, you have to tell me what you’re fantasizing about.  Or, even better, you can show me.”

“Who said I was fantasizing about you?”  Donghae glared at him and gave him a jealous pout.  Hyukjae chuckled and nodded.  “That’s better.  Now you look like you’re in character!”  Even though Aiden and Eunhyuk had feelings for each other, neither of them had confessed, so they spent most of their scenes together feeling jealous and passive-aggressively fighting to hide their hurt feelings.

“How long do our characters have to fight for?  It’s getting boring.”

Hyukjae shrugged.  “I don’t think the writers know what to do with us.”

“Should I give them some ideas?  Maybe the lead actress can be eaten by zombies, then Eunhyuk can comfort me, and then one thing will lead to another…”

“I don’t think so. You’ve caused enough trouble already.”

“I can mention that I’m interested in doing a topless scene.  There is no way they would turn that down.”

“Please don’t.  You’re cranky when you have to do topless scenes.”

Donghae chuckled and punched his boyfriend in the arm.  He was about to share his next idea, but the director called them over to take their places.


 

After filming, Donghae’s manager handed them the new script with specific instructions to read it as soon as possible.  They halfheartedly agreed, then ran off to the brunet’s trailer together.  Hyukjae took a quick shower, then sat on the sofa and flipped through the script while he waited for Donghae to finish his shower.  He wasn’t even halfway through their scene together when Donghae walked over to him and performed the world’s shortest striptease; the only thing he had to strip was a towel.  Hyukjae grinned at his cheeky boyfriend and admired the view.  Any shyness Dongh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter