Chapter 7

Here We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I want more than too,” Donghae said softly.  He kissed Hyukjae’s shoulder and caressed the blond’s collarbones as an impish smile spread across his face.  “More than means is included though, so I think we should talk about this more in the bedroom…” 

Hyukjae chuckled and shook his head.  “Not tonight.”

“Why not?” Donghae asked with a pout.  “Are you still trying to avoid me?”

“I’m not avoiding you, Hae.  It’s just that I already made plans with Amber tonight, and I don’t want our first time together to be rushed.” 

“Reschedule your date with Amber?  Tell her something came up.”  Donghae tugged on Hyukjae’s towel for emphasis, then smiled at him with his best puppy eyes.

Hyukjae tried not to smile in return as he scoffed.  "I already told you we’re not dating; we’re just working together.  We’re filming a commercial tonight and afterward I need to practice for an audition I have in the morning." Hyukjae ran his fingers through Donghae’s hair and kissed the tip of his nose. "That's why I haven't been around much lately. It’s not that I’m avoiding you, I've just been busy trying to find more work."

“You already have work.”

“It’s not going to last forever,” Hyukjae said softly.  The writers had stopped giving Eunhyuk lines now that Aiden was busy with his new crush, so Hyukjae was pretty sure his character was going to be turned into zombie food any day now.  “I don’t have multiple contracts lined up for me like you do.”

“If that’s all you’re worried about, then I will get you some too.”

“No, Hae,” Hyukjae said with a sigh.  “That’s not what I meant.”  He slid off of Donghae’s lap and onto the cushion next to him.  “If you use your influence to get me jobs, then I’ll never know if I’m any good or if people are just giving me work to make you happy.  There are already rumors that I’m only popular because of you-”

“Those are just rumors!”

“I know, and I want to keep it that way.  As long as it’s not true, it doesn’t bother me.”  Hyukjae tucked a strand of loose hair behind Donghae’s ear and then caressed his cheek.  “If I’m not around as much, it’s not because I’m avoiding you.  It’s just because I’m busy trying to make myself worthy of you.  Okay?”

“Okay,” Donghae said with a pout.  Just because he agreed, it didn’t mean he liked it.  “So… are we officially boyfriends now?”

Hyukjae grinned and tapped his chin as if he were thinking about it.  “If we’re boyfriends it means we’re close, right?”

"We could be closer,” Donghae teased as he tugged at Hyukjae’s towel again.

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, but he also had to laugh at his boyfriend’s tenacity.  “That’s not what I meant!  I want to know if we’re close, so I can open my present.”  He held up the small gift-wrapped box Donghae had tried to hide from him earlier.

“Fine,” Donghae growled.  “But just remember that I got it for you as a joke, so don’t expect too much.”

Hyukjae tore through the bright paper with an excited smile on his face that turned into a look of confusion when he saw what was inside. "A coin purse?" He pulled open the drawstring on the cloth bag, expecting to find something inside, but it was empty. He was confused by the present, but even more confused because he didn't understand how it was meant to be funny.

"Not exactly," was Donghae's very dry reply. "It's a -sock."

“A -sock?” The grin on Hyukjae’s face grew wider and wider until his gums were showing, and he would have smiled even bigger if it were possible.

“Yeah. Isn’t the name self-explanatory? It’s a pouch that you stuff your junk into so everything’s not flopping about on set. You kept asking me about scenes and this is what I have to wear for scenes, so I thought it would be a funny gift.”

“Should I put it on?”

“No!”

Hyukjae raised his eyebrow at Donghae’s vehement response. “Why not?  Isn’t that why you got it for me?”

“If you put it on, then every time I have to put it on, I’ll think about what it looked like on you.”

“That’s a good thing! Every time you have to fake an on set you better be thinking of me!”

“That’s not how it works, Hyukjae! If I start thinking about you before a scene, I’ll get hard! If I get hard the -sock will come off, and once it’s off it’s impossible to put back on, and then everyone is just staring at my as I try to shove it back into the stupid little bag! It’s a pain because you have to put your and your balls in there, and if you’re hard, then your is pulling on the bag and the strings yank at your balls, and there is absolutely nothing keeping it from slingshotting off.”

Hyukjae burst out laughing. When he had originally asked Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter