Chapter 4

Here We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey!”  Donghae waved at his favorite manager to get his attention and then invited him into his trailer.  “Did you take care of that thing I asked you about?”

“Kind of…”

Donghae was already feeling overwhelmed; he had a million things to do before filming outside of the country for two weeks and the last thing he needed was for his manager to play coy with him.  “What does that mean?” 

“I was going to fill his tank, but it’s already full.  So, then I talked to his manager about it and he said it’s always full.”

“Hyukjae’s trailer had water this whole time?”  He realized that Hyukjae had deceived him so that they could spend more time together and he covered his mouth to hide his beaming smile.  “Okay, well thank you for checking on it.”  Since the appeal of Aiden and Eunhyuk’s characters was their on-screen chemistry together, it was pointless to film one without the other.  Until Donghae returned, Hyukjae had agreed to do some stunt work as a zombie, and since he couldn’t be recognized, it meant he’d be wearing extra makeup.  Donghae had given his manager the task of straightening out Hyukjae’s water problem so that the man could continue to shower while Donghae was away, but… apparently the blond didn’t actually have a water problem.  His smile continued to grow and he felt like he might die of happiness.  There was a sudden knock on the door, but before either he or his manager could respond to it, the source of his happiness let himself in. 

“Have you seen-?!  Oh… hi.”  Hyukjae smiled sheepishly at the manager, who quickly excused himself.  The blond waited for him to leave then turned around to confront the brunet again.  “Have you seen the script?!”  He held up the small book just in case Donghae didn’t know what he was talking about for some reason.

Donghae chucked and nodded.  “I saw it this morning.”

“You’re an ambassador for a safe campaign?!”  Hyukjae knew that actors often added advertising clauses to their contracts, and he knew that Donghae was no exception.  The zombie series was a low-budget affair, so it made sense that the producers would compensate him with extra screen time to advertise his many charities and sponsorships.  Hyukjae had already been in scenes advertising cameras, vacuums, and Donghae’s healthy smoothie campaign, among other things.  He didn’t have anything against safe but hunting for condoms during an apocalypse just seemed absurd.

“I’m known for my bedroom scenes, as you like to point out, so is it really that hard to believable?”

“Not as hard to believe as Aiden and Eunhyuk scouring a zombie-filled city looking for condoms!  Trying to work vacuums into the script was weird enough, but now…  We don’t even know who Aiden’s crush is, and he barely knows how to flirt, but he’s already thinking about getting laid?!”

“Preparation is key for having safe .”

Hyukjae laughed and rolled his eyes.  “Okay, yeah, sure, you’re right, but still!”  He couldn’t believe Donghae wasn’t the least bit embarrassed!  Donghae shied away from anything remotely affectionate or ual to the point that Hyukjae had to trick him in order to do something as simple as give him a kiss or take him on a date, but the brunet seemed perfectly comfortable with discussing condoms in front of the whole world.  “I really don’t understand you.”

Donghae smiled affectionately at the blond and ruffled his hair.  “So, are you here to practice?”

“I know how a works,” Hyukjae muttered.

“Wow, you must really be shocked if you don’t even want to practice!”  Donghae ran his finger down Hyukjae’s chest to .  It was something he normally wouldn’t have been brave enough to do, but at the moment his happiness with Hyukjae outweighed his shyness.  “I never thought of you as a prude…”

“Fine, but just remember that you asked for it.  Get your script.”

Donghae didn’t really have the time to practice, but since it was the last scene he needed to shoot before leaving, and therefore his last chance to spend time with Hyukjae, he decided it was worth it.  He grabbed the correct script from the pile of scripts he was currently working on, as well as an overly large banana and a handful of condoms, which he then handed to the blond.  “Alright Eunhyuk, show me how to use a .”

“Do you always keep this many condoms in your trailer?”

“The prop-master dropped them off earlier.  They’re the brand we’re supposed to use for the show.”

“Suuure.  And the freakishly large banana?”

“It’s in the script.  For, uh, demonstrational purposes.”

Hyukjae shook his head in disbelief.  “It’s the apocalypse!  How the did Eunhyuk and Aiden manage to find a banana growing in Korea?!”

“I think they’re trying to work in the smoothie campaign as well,” Donghae confessed.  “Anyway, it’s a zombie drama!  It’s not supposed to make sense.”

“Fine, Aiden.  Let’s just do this.”  He shuffled through the condoms and muttered to himself until he found one that looked interesting and an idea popped into his head.  “The first thing you should know is that size matters…”  He held up the smallest .  “Even if you’re perfectly proportional, you’ll probably need this one if you’re having in a cold pond…”  Donghae’s face turned bright red and Hyukjae grinned. 

“That’s not part of the script!”

“Hush, I’m improvising.”  He knew the was way too small for Donghae, no matter how cold it was, but he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to tease the smug brunet.  “Or if you’re a monster banana grown in some freaky Korean lab with zombie fertilizer…”  He held up the magnum sized .

It’s not that Donghae had anything against impr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter