Chapter 5

Here We Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You just got back, but you’re already leaving again?” Hyukjae whined as he followed the brunet around his small trailer looking like a lost puppy.

“It’s not like I can ask them to reschedule the awards show, now can I?”

“Did you even try?”  Hyukjae grinned at the brunet to show him that he was kidding.  “Have you thought about what you’re going to say when you’re giving your acceptance speech.”

“Just because I was invited to an awards show, it doesn’t mean I’m going to win an award.”

“Yeah right.”  Donghae had starred in three movies last year, on top of his other commitments and obligations, and all three broke records and topped at the box office.  There was no way he wasn’t winning an award tonight.  “Who are you going with?” 

“Nobody,” Donghae said with a shrug as he adjusted the lapel on his tuxedo.

Hyukjae had known the answer before asking the question, but even so the confirmation made him feel a tiny bit better.  Donghae never brought a date to any of his functions.  It was part of the reason why he was so successful; by not dating in real life, he maintained the illusion that he was madly in love with his on-screen partner.  He walked up to the brunet and fixed his tie, and Donghae smiled in appreciation.  “I’ve never been to an awards show, but they look fun…  Maybe this zombie drama will be nominated for an award next year and we can go together…”

Donghae didn’t bother to respond as he checked his cufflinks, and then his pockets to make sure he had everything.  “, have you seen my phone?  I thought I just had it-  Oh, thank you!” he said as he accepted the phone from Hyukjae’s outstretched hand.

“I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun… You have to tell me all about it when you get back…”

Donghae nodded absentmindedly, then waved as he exited the trailer.  “Okay, see you tomorrow.”

Hyukjae furrowed his brows and plopped down onto the couch in a pout but jumped up again when Donghae returned to the trailer a second later.

“I’m just kidding,” Donghae said with a cheeky grin.  “Do you want to go?”

Hyukjae’s face lit up with excitement and a gummy smile blossomed across his face.  “Really?”

“Do you have a tux?”

“Umm… no?”

“You’re so high maintenance.  Come on.  One of my managers will pick something up for you and meet us in Seoul.”

 

***

 

Hyukjae was still floating on a cloud of giddy excitement as he trailed behind Donghae and into the brunet’s apartment. The award show had been everything he had imagined it would be and more.  He witnessed the full power of Donghae’s Hallyu status as reporters flocked to him, fans fawned over him in masses, and top stars made it a point to stop by and say hello. Donghae occasionally gave the reporters a brief interview, and while he did, Hyukjae talked to the fans.  He was amazed and happy that his friend was surrounded by so much love and support.

“How come you didn’t go to the after party?” Hyukjae asked as he kicked off his shoes and practically skipped into the living room to stand next to the brunet.

“Oh… I don’t normally… Did you want to go?”

Hyukjae smiled and shook his head. “No, it’s okay.  I’m just trying to figure out how to expend all this extra energy! Aren’t you excited?”  He took the two gaudy trophies from Donghae’s hands and waved them around. “You even won!”

Donghae shrugged and gave the excited blond a soft smile. “I’m glad you had fun.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just don’t like those kinds of things. It’s loud and there are too many people.  I guess it’s stupid, since I’m an actor, but if I had to pick, I would rather just sit at home and watch a movie,” Donghae admitted with a small laugh.

“We can do both.” Hyukjae took the brunet’s hand, led him to the couch, and sat him down. “Let’s watch one of your movies.”

“Which one?”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and waved one of the awards in front of Donghae’s face. “How about this one?”  He held up the second award and waved it around too.  “Or this one?”

Donghae nodded and laughed. “Okay, okay.  Just sit down, before you make me dizzy.”

 

 

When the first scene began Donghae immediately reached for the remote to skip it, but Hyukjae was faster and grabbed the remote first.  He turned up the volume to a ridiculous level and sat forward in his seat.  “Hyukjae, stop it.  We’re skipping this part.”

“No way!  No offense, but this part is the only reason I wanted to watch this movie.”  On the screen Donghae’s character was losing one article of clothing after another and Hyukjae’s smile grew with anticipation.

“It’s not funny.”

“Is it supposed to be?”  On the screen Donghae and the actress were making out heavily and pleasured moans were coming through the speakers.  The actresses high pitched tones overshadowed Donghae’s aroused moans, but Hyukjae was still easily able to pick them out. 

“This is what you won an award for?”  Hyukjae’s voice and expression both reflected his skepticism.

“Wow, I’m going to pretend that question wasn’t incredibly insulting.”

“Sorry, but your moans are so fake!”

“Yeah, it’s called acting for a reason…”  Hyukjae gave him a brief withering glare and Donghae chuckled.  “During this scene the director played music so that we could keep a rhythm while he barked orders at us.  All of that was cut out, and the was added in during post-production.”

“I guess the director doesn’t know you’re a thousand times ier when you moan naturally.”

“How would you know?”

Hyukjae arched an eyebrow, then slowly ran his nails up the inside of Donghae’s thigh.  The brunet reflexively caught his breath and bit at his bottom lip, and Hyukjae grinned wickedly.  “I know because I pay attention.  You don’t moan like a .  You’re shy, so when you’re your breathing gets heavy and you make small sounds like gasps and grunts.  It’s y as .” 

“Whatever,” Donghae muttered, while trying to ignore the heat rising to his cheeks.  Even though he knew Hyukjae was only teasing him he couldn’t help but to feel flattered and a little embarrassed that Hyukjae had noticed such intimate details.

“Do you really want to test me?”  He moved his hand slightly higher, but Donghae slapped him away before he had a chance to caress anything besides the brunet’s thigh.  “That’s what I thought.”  Hyukjae smiled smugly and turned back to watch the action unfolding on the television, but it only held his attention for a moment.  He was much more interested in the real Donghae sitting next to him than the fake Donghae undulating provocatively on the screen.  “Tell me more movie secrets.”

“There are no secrets, it’s all common sense.”

“I’m sure there are a few things you could teach me…”  Hyukjae stood up, so that he could slide himself onto Donghae’s lap and then he smiled at the brunet expectantly.

“I’m not teaching you how to have movie .”

“Why not?”  Hyukjae started to roll his hips casually as he stripped Donghae out of his tie, and then removed his own.  “I never learned to fake s in acting class.”

“We’re not practicing fake s,” Donghae said with an exasperated sigh.

“Would you rather practice real ones?”  Donghae’s mouth dropped open in shock and even Hyukjae couldn’t believe how forward he had become.  He blamed the awards show; his lingering excitement gave him courage and seeing the brunet in such a position of influence and power had fed into some of his kinkier ual fantasies. 

“I can’t believe you just said that.”  Donghae felt like he was probably going to regret giving in to the blond, but there were benefits to playing along.  Mostly, he was just grateful that it took Hyukjae’s attention away from the television.  “Okay, fine, I’ll teach you, but you’re not going to like it…”

“I highly doubt that.”

“First of all, don’t confuse acting with , and whatever you do, don’t get hard." Donghae glanced down at the bulge that had begun to grow between Hyukjae's legs for emphasis.

"How can I control that?!" Hyukjae scoffed.  

"Imagine a million cameras on you and a director telling you how to do every little thing. That usually does the trick."

"What if I'm an exhibitionist and a submissive that likes being told what to do?"

Donghae rolled his eyes at the cheeky blond. "Okay, think about it this way then…  What would happen if you were filming an acti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter