Chapter 1 : Hello Beautiful

FINDING J.K.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HELLO BEAUTIFUL

lisa's pov

 

going to school isn't really my thing. the irony is, here i am: waking up a minute earlier than my set alarm clock, and rising up from my bed and sitting at the edge of it to gain some composure. i even flinched and fell out of bed when the sound of my ever-annoying alarm clock ripped my eardrums.

 

why am i even called a nerd when i never had any interest in completing a degree or wearing thick glasses, braces, and dorky outfits? to be honest, i didn't really know.

 

nerd is the title i got when i used to do every single one of my classmates' homeworks back in middle school. nobody ever wanted to hang out with me so i had to bribe them and say "i'd do all your homeworks then hang out with me." everybody agreed tho. nerd is like tattooed in my forehead ever since then.

 

i can still remember kim hanbin threatening to beat the out of my face if i didn't finish his project on time. sorry for the vulgarity but that's the exact thing he said. imagine a middle schooler being bad and stuff at a young age.

 

but sometimes they'd go overboard to the point that i can't even pass my own.

 

of course i wouldn't decline their requests, orders rather, as much as i wanted to. i can go on and tell them "yo, get the off before i write my assignment all over your face." but i just can't.

 

i can't ruin my family's reputation especially for the fact that i'm the only heir to their business. i don't even know why they have to train me like a businesswoman when i clearly have no vision for my future, and life.

 

it doesn't imply that i'm mindless or mentally lacking that's why i don't want to finish school. i do tons of homeworks for my classmates to hang out with me, remember? i'm not tha t intelligent either.

 

fine, i'm a rich kid who has a hundred and thirty-one as her iq. i don't even know where i got it from since mom used to tell me that she always flunks in school and dad, eh. he's just an average businessman who sticks his head on nothing but money. call me an , whatever. i'm just stating facts.

 

now back to reality, i got ready for school real fast just before i hear mom's loud nags. i went straight to our kitchen, wearing my favorite black hoodie and my ripped jeans paired with my sneakers, so i could grab a sandwich and a kiss from mom.

 

our house is literally huge, if you're new there's a possibility you might get lost. what do you expect from a family who lives through business?

 

"excuse me, lalisa? didn't i buy you a dress and told you to wear that for today?"

 

"good morning too, ma." 

 

"you're always wearing that hoodie. i bet all my nail polish that you had tons of them stocked inside your closet."

 

"yes you're right. goodbye ma."

 

and with that, i went out of our house. i even saw dad in a business suit, ready to ride his vehicle. i tried my best to ignore him and grab my bicycle so i could grab his attention.

 

i was expecting him to be like "hey lisa, get your bum inside here and i'll take you to school" i would love to hear him speak those words, even though it sounds creepy and disgusting but all i got was a cold stare before he entered one of our cars and drove away with our driver.

 

it's alright. atleast i can do an exercise with this bike on the way to school.

 

just like a normal school girl, i pedalled my way to the city just so i can grab a quick starbucks before going to hell hole.

 

i parked my beloved bicycle on the side and entered the store to grab my need. there's no one on the queue. lucky!

 

i swear, the cashier blushed when i gave her my order but i kept my reaction nonchalant. why? because i'm not interested. period.

 

the cashier handed my latté and i noticed some tissue stuck to it with little numbers written on. i quickly grabbed it and stashed it inside my hoodie. remind me to throw it later.

 

just at that moment, a girl came in rushing inside and gave me a small "excuse me, coming through" before passing through.

 

just before that, i can clearly see her face even though she swiftly strided past me. her cat-eyes were sparkling but panic is obviously written over, her nose looked like a small boop-able button, her lips were plump. i've seen her before, but where?

 

oh god, manoban. stop describing random person's features in a romantic way! it sounds gross, ugh.

 

lucky she wasn't looking at me though. she might probably notice that i'm examining her face like she's a brand new candy chocolate bar or something like that.

 

i can still hear the girl's orders even though i'm inches away from her. why is she so frantic? is she gonna be late or something?

 

but then, it hit me.

 

it's already 9:23 am, seven minutes before my first class.

 

i immediately ran outside but the girl from earlier passed by my side, leaving the store first. just how fast can she be?

 

as i went out, i saw the same girl hopping on my bike and cycling her way away which made me scream. "yah! come back here!"

 

and it seems like she didn't hear so i just kicked dust and started to run my way to school. great, just great.

 

9:32 am. you see the time? if i had my bike, i would have reached school in time. now, i'm greeted by a few students who were running on the field inspite of their skinny jeans or jiggling chests.

 

this is the punishment for late students.

 

as soon as i realized the scenario, i went silent and tried to sneak to the nearest building but then i felt another presence behind my back.

 

"go faster! he might catch us." -the girl whisper-yelled which made me turn around. oh great, the girl who stole my bike. now i know where i've seen her before. she studies in the same school as me.

 

"you stole my bike!" -a whisper-yelled back and shot her deadly stares but she only gave me a sheepish smile.

 

"i just borrowed it. don't be such a grumpy smurf."

 

i scoffed. "smurf? your height screams smurf."

 

"why you little-"

 

"care to share your discussion?" -a moderately deep voice boomed in front of us, revealing our p.e teacher in his black jumpsuit, a whistle hanging on his neck.

 

me and the girl from earlier stared at each other for a long while before she wore an enthusiastic facade and faced the fuming teacher.

 

"mr. kwon! hey." -she casually greeted and patted his shoulder as if they were close friends. i facepalmed and grimaced at her act.

 

"hey, kim." -he hissed through gritted teeth. "you're completely aware that two more tardiness and we'll call your parents, right?"

 

"yes, i'm clearly aware of that so i'm lecturing this girl, right here, to stop being tardy so she wouldn't end up like me..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter