No more playing cool tonight

Only Fools Fall for You

Namjoon’s head snaps around from where he had been talking to y/n, suddenly shooting death glares at Yoongi, the other rapper completely unaware. He had made sure to tell them that only y/n knew about BTS and Emma was supposed to be left in the dark as long as possible to avoid possible fangirling or such. But before he can try to distract Emma from Yoongi’s ridiculous pick up line, she already answers.
“Haha yea of course. I don’t live under a rock music wise like a certain someone.” She laughs, shooting a mocking grin at y/n. “I honestly have some difficulty getting in to K-pop though. I prefer it when I can understand what the artists are singing. But yea, y’all are doing great, I actually wanted to come to your concert tomorrow, y’know, check out some dope performances irl… but it sold out too quickly. But why do you ask?”

As Emma finishes her answer, everyone is a bit in shock. She knew who they were from the beginning but didn’t say anything? That’s a first.
At the deafening silence in the room, the girl almost breaks down laughing. “What? You guys think I am as weird as y/n and don’t look up artists faces? You guys have been all over the news and . I recognized Namjoon when I met him, and all of you, too. I am still learning names but I guess meeting you in person helped with that. I wanted to let you guys have a vacation without having to deal with being celebs, but I guess Mr. Suga here didn’t care enough about that, huh?” With the last words she turns to the man, whose frown has turned to laughter a while ago.
She lightly slaps his arm, teasing him with a smile. Around her, everyone is overcoming their surprise, Namjoon turning back to y/n, who is silently laughing, a defeated smile on his face.
He shrugs his shoulders, suddenly too engrossed in the beautiful girl in front of him to really care about the drama that has already been resolved between Yoongi and Emma.
As everyone sits quietly chatting away in pairs, just eating away, Emma suddenly pipes up, a big grin on her face. “Since it’s now official that you guys are music industry giants, how about everyone queue their favourite songs? I wanna know what the 21st Century Beatles listen to. And also your favourite songs from your own music. Recommend me good stuff and make me another one of your fans.” She winks at Yoongi with the last word, his hand on her thigh sign enough that “fan” is not what he is going for.
Beside her, Hobi looks up from his phone, a big smile replacing the somewhat annoyed look he sported before: “Yea Baby, let’s do it! How about 3 songs each. Two general songs and 1 BTS song? I have the power over the bluetooth so everyone give me their songs please. Let’s start with BTS songs, get that over with. Jin-hyung?”

One by one, the men name their favourite songs out of their own. Not so soon after, the flat is filled with the upbeat melody of “Seesaw”, Tae’s choice. He actually jumps up, dragging Jimin with him, into an impromptu, and quite wobbly try at the Seesaw choreo. Meanwhile Yoongi looks like he is trying to sink into the couch, a blush obvious on his face as he smiles both proudly and shyly at the younger men.
Watching the two young men dancing away, he suddenly hears a small voice from beside him: “That’s my favourite song, actually. Like of all the BTS songs. Thank you.” He turns around, his eyes big as Emma smiles at him, her fingers moving along to the melody absentmindedly as her other hand grabs his, squeezing his fingers. The rapper’s blush only deepens, his smile bigger than before.

From the table across the room, Namjoon and y/n just watch, their fingers intertwined as she rests her head on his shoulder.
They’re calm, happy and content with each other, somewhat in a bubble, looking out at the others enjoying the party. The youngest three now dancing with overacted enthusiasm, Jimin somehow still in almost perfect control, even though he could barely walk before. Dancing just seems to come as easily to him as breathing.
On the couch, Emma and Yoongi are not-so-subtly flirting while Hobi is texting away, sometimes dancing while still sitting, just small movements here and there, bopping along to whatever is on.

A few minutes later, Hobi jumps up, the new songs obviously having caught his attention. He grabs on to JK, pulling the youngest on to “the dancefloor”, which is just the biggest bit of empty space in the living room. The two grin at each other, nodding in unison before starting a small choreo, their bodies moving around each other perfectly. The hard beat dictating their dance, and as Jimin turns up the volume, him and Tae join the two already dancing, joining in for a few seconds before the choreo completely falls apart as they break down laughing at JK’s ridiculous facial expressions. He is overacting for comedic effect and, as usual, it works.
After that, nobody tries to do any kind of choreo again as they at best just jump around to a particularly energetic song. They’re on holiday after all. Might as well dance like drunk idiots.

It turns out to be a quite calm get together, Jimin gladly sharing his alcohol with the others, his small giggles and cute nature only enhanced the more intoxicated he gets.
With all the alcohol he bought, they don’t manage to drink it all, but still, all nine of them end up decently smashed.
Hobi’s dates never show up, but he doesn’t seem bothered by that. As the music is turned down again and it seems like the party is almost dead, he decides to liven it up again.
“Hey, let’s play a drinking game! What’s something you girls usually play at your parties?” His sunshine smile hits y/n, her eyes shooting towards her friend, considering.
“I don’t know, we don’t really play a lot of drinking games. Would “Never have I ever” work for you guys? It’s fun and easy. You know, if you’re the only one who has to drink, aka has done the thing, you have to explain the story behind it.” She finally answers, giving Namjoon a questioning smile.

So there they are, on the floor in some house in Gothenburg, seven of the biggest stars on the planet, and two random girls. And they’re playing “Never have I ever”, occasionally roaring with laughter when one of them has to reveal an embarassing story.

JK: “Hmmmm…. Okay… Never have I ever…. Kissed on the first date.”

Half the group just huffs at him, nodding in disbelief as if to say “Well… Obviously.”

Y/n just turns to Namjoon, takes his face in her hands and pulls him towards her, kissing him with drunk enthusiasm before quickly pulling away and drinking. “Well, now I have.”
While everyone is howling with laughter at both her initiative and Namjoon’s complete shock, a big grin parts his lips and he pulls her back to him. He kisses her, softly this time, a soft smile on his lips as he cups her cheek with his hand, ignoring the comments from his brothers.
After what feels like an eternity, they pull away from each other, just looking into each others eyes with a smile, before intertwining their fingers again, her head resting on his shoulder, again.

“You know, that’s not the point of this game, right?” JK says, only to be shut up by a laughing Emma and a somewhat drunk Jin. “Let them! It’s fine as long as it’s just this cute.”

After that, the game continues, a few embarrassing stories revealed mostly by the girls. Everything the boys have done, it seems, at least one more of the members has done.

About an hour later, the game over as nobody can come up with any more things, they decide to call it a night. They all start cleaning up, and with 9 people, it goes quickly.
Tae and Jimin quickly say goodnight, the latter ending up almost getting carried to his room by his sober friend.
Jin still fixing the last bits in the kitchen, Hobi slips away with just a wave to the girls. Jungkook follows him soon after, surprisingly still energetic, the youngest one carries snacks to his room.
After seeing y/n’s questioning eyebrows, Namjoon quickly explains: “He has so much energy, he is probably gonna play Overwatch now. I don’t know how he does it to be honest”

After saying her goodbye to Jin, and checking on Emma, who has now moved on to Yoongi’s lap, the two of them completely engrossed in one another, y/n just pulls Namjoon towards the door, towards some privacy.
They stand outside, waiting for the cab she called, just holding one to each other, both dumbfounded at how well they clicked, how well they get along, and most of all, how quickly all of this happened. 12 hours, and she has him falling head over heels for her. Not that she is any less affected than him. Her eyes must actually have hearts in them, she thinks to herself every time she looks at the man.

Another bold move is needed, she thinks. He said he was free until tomorrow at 12. So there’s still 9 hours of vacation left.
“Come over.” The words come out almost as a whisper. “What?” his question more shock than anything, he looks at her, their eyes meeting as she puts her hand on his chest.
“I said come over. You said you were free until twelve. So sleep over. I live alone, nobody’s gonna see you. I can get us breakfast tomorrow and then you can go do RM things-” She is cut off by his lips on hers. The kiss isn’t hard, it’s somehow passionate and soft, shy and yet an obvious answer.


“Are you sure?” He finally asks, tearing away from her. She just smiles and nods,leaning back into his touch, waiting for the cab to pull up.