You're the Sunflower.

Only Fools Fall for You

 

As soon as he tells them the address of the AirBnB the girls take the lead, joking and chatting along as they get the tickets. Waiting at the bus stop, Emma turns to him, smiling broadly. “So what are you up to in town? Y/n said you’re here for a week?”

He shoots her a panicked look, not quite knowing how to respond without giving away his identity and possibly making a huge mess of things. But here comes y/n to save the day: “Oh come on Emma, I told you not to pry! Just be happy you got an excuse to get smashed on a monday and be nice to the guy who’s friends with the guy who’s sponsoring our drinks tonight!” She laughs, winking at him behind her friend’s back.

“I was just making conversation!! But sure, I will go into this with absolute minimal info, sounds safe.” Emma lets out a sigh, rolling her eyes at y/n and Namjoon, who are grinning at each other.

“I get that you want some more information, so… uh… I am in town for a week, then we travel to Stockholm... I am here with my six best friends. We are like a family and since we are on holiday at the moment I guess Jimin decided to get drunk. And to save him from possible alcohol poisoning the guys decided to turn it into a party. More people to drink the alcohol means less alcohol for Jimin to consume. Jin-hyung also got some food so we won’t be hungry either. And there’s a bus stop like super close to the flat so if you guys don’t wanna stay you can easily leave. I understand if two girls and seven guys makes you uncomfortable. One of my friends is probably inviting a girl so it won’t be as bad. But yea, we are chill, I hope you’ll have fun.”

 

While he babbles out his long speech he sees Emma’s eyes light up and when y/n is busy buying the tickets on the bus, Emma whispers to him: “You’re super cute, I was already fine with coming along because of how starry eyed y/n sounded on the phone. But now that I’ve met you, I get it. You seems so considerate and nice. Now let’s get Smashed, Korean boy!”

“Come on guys, where do you wanna sit? We have a few stops until the flat, I think. Let’s go!” his head whips up, catching y/n eyes, she is smiling at him, waving both of them into the bus.

 

The bus ride doesn’t take long, but the three of them get along splendidly, talking and joking all the time. They only calm down for a little bit when an old lady sits down in their booth. Talking along a bit more quietly the girls suddenly burst into laughter, leaving Namjoon to smile at the lady apologetically. But she just grins: “Ah it’s lovely to see young people have fun. Where are you all from? Are you here for university?” They each give their answer, the lady nodding approvingly at the girl’s explanation of their education. As Namjoon explains he is from Korea and on holiday, the lady perks up: “Oh isn’t that big korean musician in town? My youngest daughter has been talking about them for months, she is so excited. Do you know BTS? Or was it BST? It’s quite something that we have korean music here now isn’t it? We never had anything like that when I was young…” He laughs, answering calmly: “Oh yes it’s lovely. They’ve made it quite far already. I am glad your daughter is a fan. They really love their fans!”

Before the lady can say anything more, their stop gets announced and they hastily make their way towards the doors, y/n trying not to laugh out loud at the fact that Namjoon almost got recognized by an old lady. They all wave goodbye to the lady, and get off the bus.

Soon after,they reach the building where the boys are staying. Namjoon has already checked the general situation on the way, texting Jin while y/n took over navigating, so that when they stand in front of the door, it burst open, a very excited Jimin on the other side.

“Jooonieeee! You made it! And you brought girrls! Hiii, I am Jimin! I am y, cutie, lovely!” He waves at both girls before getting pulled away by a very exasperated looking Taehyung. “Hey, that took a while. Glad you made it. Please excuse him, he is already very drunk. Come in, the food is getting cold. I am Tae.” He shakes the girls’ hands, a slight bow going along with it.

Seeing how both y/n and Emma seem a tiny bit overwhelmed already, Namjoon decides to take the lead, walking into the flat with his arms spread out, singing along to the song playing in the background.

 

*Then you’re left in the dust

Unless I stuck by ya

You’re the sunflower, I think

Your love would be too much*

 

At his somewhat squeaky singing, combined with a quick wink at y/n, the girls relax. Taking off their shoes, they make their way to the living area, only to be greeted by now 7 men talking over each other and having conversations. At their entry, Namjoon immediately rips away from Hobi and introduces them, half in english, half in korean. The girls nod and smile as each of the guys introduce themselves. It’s quite an image to take in. Each guy busy with something different and yet all moving around each other so fluently it’s like a dance.

Tae and Jimin, who they have already met, are actually dancing right next to the speaker, or is Tae just herding Jimin away from the alcohol? It’s a bit hard to tell.

Then there’s Hobi, or Hoseok, or J-Hope. He introduced himself three times. Three names. And he was smiling brightly at both of them, waving at them from his spot next to the tired looking Yoongi. Yoongi just gave them a quick smile before going back to writing something on his phone.

A head pops in from what seems to be the kitchen: “Ah the leader has arrived with his guests. Get some food before the maknae eats it all…….  I am Jin.” With the last words, the broad shouldered man steps out of the kitchen bowing lightly to both girls and shaking their hands while smiling sweetly.

Before they can respond they hear yelling from the kitchen, and Jin turns around, talking quickly in korean. Namjoon comes up behind y/n and lightly puts his hand on her arm, pulling her towards the kitchen. He whispers into her ear: “Are you okay? I told them to try to speak as much english as possible but not all of them are very good with it. I’m sorry if it’s a lot of korean.” He smiles at her, eyes locking with hers. Y/n nods: “It’s fine. Obviously! We are the guests here and you’re already going out of your way to make us comfortable. Just have fun and we will tag along.” She smiles at him, looking back at Emma, who has already found an something to keep her busy.

Annoying Yoongi.

 

“Hi! I’m Emma! What are you writing? Anything interesting? Do you want a drink?” At first Yoongi seems very perplexed by the girl suddenly in front of him. But he soon starts to smile and talking to her, his english suddenly much smoother than Namjoon has ever heard it before.

 

Y/n smiles, seeing her friend casually leaving her to spend time with Namjoon. So she turns back around to him, smiling broader. They go to the kitchen to get some food,immediately followed by Tae and Jimin while Hobi is texting and Yoongi is busy with Emma.

 

*Jin yelling at JK in korean* You can’t drink and eat everything! We have guests! Go and introduce yourself and stop being a brat! You and Jimin already ate half the food I got! How! Did! You! Eat! So! Much!!! You pig!

 

Namjoo chuckles beside y/n, quickly translating and somewhat explaining what’s happening. Y/n steps forward, getting a plate and taking the place next to JK. She quickly introduces herself to the young man who seems to be breathing in the chicken lying in a bowl in front of him, unbothered by the light slaps and yelling from Jin next to him.

“What’s good? Any recommendations?” Y/n simply asks, JK’s eyes now big in surprise, his hand frozen on the way to his mouth, a half eaten chicken wing held with chopsticks almost falling down.

“Uh…” He chews. “It’s all korean food. So… Spicy! But the chicken is very good. Almost like home. And beef bulgogi is also good. And noodles! Try the noodles.” He pauses again….”I am Jungkook.”  He goes to shake her hand, forgetting the food in it, almost dropping it on the floor. Y/n laughs as Jungkook stumbles trying to catch both food and chopsticks.

“Yaaa!!” they hear an exhausted yell from behind Jungkook. Jin slapping the maknae one last time as he rolls his eyes and turns away, obviously very annoyed. He soons smiles again and says something to Namjoon in korean who giggles at the remark.

“ He says he might need you around to shock JK into stopping sometimes.” Namjoon laughs, his eyes sparkling as he makes his way over to them, closing the short distance in barely two steps. Behind him, Jin leaves, probably herding the other men towards the kitchen as well.

 

Jungkook shoots y/n a quick smile before fixing a plate at lightning speed and leaving the kitchen, suddenly in a hurry.

Feeling a hand on her waist, y/n stops inspecting all the different food options and turns to Namjoon, a smile on her face still.

“ So, the buff one said the chicken and the beef bulgogi are good. What do you recommend, “leader”? And can you tell me which the beef bulgogi is? I have never actually had korean food I am sorry, I am quite clueless at this awesome spread of food.”

“”The buff one”, huh? What am I then?” he laughs, jokingly pulling her closer, their noses almost touching as he wrinkles his brow at her, mockingly inquisitive.

Y7n throws her head back with laughter before sheepishly responding: “You’re mine. I guess Emma has claimed Yoongi, so I claim you.” She sticks his tongue out at him playfully booping his nose.

 

His mouth is hanging open in shock.

 

She said “You’re mine.”.

 

His heart stutters back on, now in overdrive as he beams at her, explaining all his favourite foods and heaping them on two plates. She just laughs softly and follows along with his explanations, asking about spiciness and ingredients here and there.

As they’re both carrying plates filled with about 7 different dishes they make their way towards the living room again.

“Oh, . What do you want to drink?” He suddenly turns around, almost crashing into her, barely saving both food and plate from falling. “I completely forgot drinks!”

“Aaah, don’t worry! I’m not picky. Give me something you think I might like. No pressure.”  With the last words, she winks at him and makes her way to the living room, yelling at Emma to get food before it’s gone.

He smiles, watching her leave. He had been worried about how she would be with the others, knowing who they were. But she fits right in. Maybe he can actually be just a man with a crush tonight.

But as he turns to the fridge to get some mixers and make some drinks for y/n and himself he hears a well-known phrase from the living room.

 

“You know, BTS?” he hears Yoongi say.