I know that you’re the feeling that I’m missing

Only Fools Fall for You

The pub she takes him to is a small place, designed to imitate the british pubs as closely as possible. The food fits the theme, with stews and classics like Fish & Chips on the menu, accompanied by a huge selection of beers. It’s the perfect place for Namjoon. It’s quiet and quaint, beautiful in a rough, comfortable way. Like a pub should be. The only customers on a monday evening are a few middle aged people, definitely not the kind to go berserk when they recognize him. He loosens a breath, relieved at the possibility of a simple, calm night at a pub. A rarity with his hectic lifestyle. They sit down, silently choosing food and drinks, just calmly existing together.
As their drinks arrive, they start talking again, the girl suddenly bursting with questions: “Ok, so I get you’re like a superstar…” She whispers the last word with a grin, leaning in across the table. “... So you guys have two concerts here in town? And tomorrow is the second one? How did the first one go? And what do you do in your free time? Do you even have free time?” With her hand under her chin, she grins at him, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. He laughs, takes a deep breath and tries not to fall into his interview persona as he is confronted with questions he’s heard a thousand times before. Normally, his dates don't start out with a whole list of questions like this. Normally, his dates know who he is and what that means. But this seems like fun.

“OK, uh.. Let me think. Yes, we have two concerts here. Then we move on to Stockholm and then the next place. The first concert was saturday night, it went great. It’s always amazing with ARMY, that’s our fans. They love us so much and as much as we can get scared before a big show, their screams and love always make our hearts shine bright. And, yes, the second one is tomorrow..... This was supposed to be a whole week of vacation for us but the tickets sold so well that our company decided to push another concert, even if its mid-week. Surprisingly, it’s also sold-out. So it should be awesome.” He pauses, a dimpled smile on his face as he thinks of ARMY and how nicely the saturday concert went.
He winks at y/n : “You should really come tomorrow, see it for yourself.” She just laughs, waving him to continue answering her questions: “Uh, what else did you ask? Right, the free time. As I said, this was supposed to be our vacation, just a little time off in between concerts. We rarely get more than that. We are constantly working on new music, and in K-Pop the time in between albums is a lot shorter, so this is quite normal. But yea, we still get some time off, even though most of it is spent sleeping or working on music. Or travelling. I don’t really know when the last time was when I had a whole day just to do what I want. Today was really something special there, even though we still had practise this morning. Tomorrow will be lots of rehearsing and a fansign, so today was the most free time I got in the last weeks. So I spent it doing what I like to do most, I saw more of a new city, explored a beautiful town and saw some of a culture that is different from what I am used to.”
As he speaks, her face drops a little but she can’t help but smile at his obvious excitement and love for her city.
“Damn, it sounds like you need to rest. How about you take a break from RM tonight and just spend some time as Namjoon? Take at least a small break from superstardom. I promise I’ll try to forget that you’re like insanely famous and coincidentally my latest musical obsession. “ She finishes with a laugh. A weight drops from his heart, he didn’t realise how worried he had been that she might focus only on RM and not care about Namjoon anymore. Another broad smile spreads across his face and he raises his glass: “I’ll drink to that, y/n. A break, just a fun night as Namjoon. Show me how you can have fun on a monday night here.” Laughing, they clink their glasses together and take a deep swig.
As they sit, talking about this and that, his phone starts plinging incessantly, a stream of texts from the other members. He excuses himself, and she laughs: “Must be important if 6 guys text you that much. I need to go to the bathroom anyways, so y’all can figure out whatever is so exciting.” She gets up and leaves him, smiling at his small apologetic look.

** BTS Groupchat**
JK: ey guys, Jimin-hyung found a store that sells exclusively alcohol and he went a bit overboard….
JK: so…. we have loads of drinks now, and manager Seijinie-Hyung says we can’t travel with that much alcohol in our luggage… so we’re supposed to either finish it before friday or we will have to throw it out.
JK: anyways, party at the AirBnB for anyone who isn’t already here….
Jimin: They had so many lovely tastes of vodka, how could I not try them all??
Jimin: So far I have tried 8… theyre niiiice
Tae: please guys we need some help here, you know I dont drink, even if it tastes like candy.
Tae: And Jiminie is already drunk.
Jin: OMW with some food. I found a korean restaurant so we have to judge their quality
Jin: I bought lots of rice and 10 side dishes so it should be able to feed at least kookie and me
Jin: I am joking, I bought many snacks too, we have enough for tonight.
JK: FOOOOD!!! Thank you hyung!
Jimin: give me snac
Hobi: Sounds like a good time, but can I bring a girl?
Jin: do we have enough food for more guests? Also how did you already meet another girl, I didn’t even know last night’s visitor had left
Hobi: she seems nice enough, she doesnt know BTS so thats chill
Joonie: I know you guys have a group chat without me, why blow up my phone while I am on a date?
Jimin: Rapmonnie on a datee
Jimin: bring the girl we have enough drinks for evrybodyy
Jin: bring her!
Tae: just bring her!
Hobi: Yes, bring her, then I can bring my girl too
Hobi: Party Timeee!
JK: I’m sorry hyung. But yes, bring the girl. the more people the more fun.

He takes a deep breath, looking up from his phone, smiling faintly. Considering, he looks around the bar, locking eyes with y/n who is waiting at the bar, trying to get more drinks. She smiles and he waves her over. At her gesture towards the bar he shakes his head, this time gesturing more persuasively. He looks at her with a big smile as she finally comes over, a questioning look on her face.
“You finished your drink ages ago, I thought I’d get this round and you can buy the next.”
“I have a question for you, a small change of plans, possibly.”
She raises her eyebrow, “Okay… Hit me, Nam.”
His heart stutters at the little nickname, and smiling he says: “My phone blowing up was actually the other members, one of them found a store that exclusively sells liquor and he kinda bought way too much for us to take home so our manager says we either have to drink it asap or we will have to throw it all out. So…. there’s a small party going on at our place, they’re asking us to join, too. If you’re up for that. I promise they’re loads of fun. A bit messy and crazy but fun. Jin-hyung is bringing food as well so we have food….. Although, we just ate so you are probably full… but yea, there’s a party, the other 6 members and apparently some girl. If you’re ok with it we could go there? What do you say?”
hanging open in shock she says “He bought so much alcohol at Systemet that you can't travel with it? That’s a lot!! Uh, I guess I could go change quickly and come along. But could I maybe bring a friend as well. Just cause, you know, you're a tall buff man inviting me to go to some place with you and meet your 6 male friends…. I would like at least some backup.”