Someone to You

Only Fools Fall for You

A few minutes later she is on the phone with her friend while he is still somewhat shocked that she agreed so easily. He checks his phone, sending the guys a quick update and checking in on them at the same time. While his eyes get stuck on her shape moving up and down in front of the pub, pacing as she is talking on the phone, he starts absentmindedly bopping along to the song playing in the background. 

**I wanna be somebody to someone; someone to you**

Smiling to himself, his eyes still fixed on y/n, he  gets caught up in the heart-racing happy feeling of the song. Even if it’s only a song playing at low volume in the pub, it still catches him. He easily finds the song and promptly adds it to the playlist. As he starts adding more and more songs, just getting stuck on way too many songs in his collection now that there’s no limit to the number of songs, he doesn’t notice her returning to the table, a big grin on her face. 
She plops down on the seat across from him and his head snaps up, mouth hanging open in surprise for a second: “Oh, you’re done! What’s up? You guys joining? Or should we stay here and chill?” 
She laughs: “My friend is packing up some stuff, some snacks as well, and some mixers, and a different top for me to wear. I don’t really want to meet a group of international music and fashion icons while wearing a sweater that says “Seduce and Destroy”... Might give off the wrong impression. But yea, she should be here in about half an hour. So, how about I get us one more round and we wait for her here?” A wide grin spreads across his face: “Great! I will tell the boys! They will be so excited to have some more company. I think we might play some drinking games, or watch a movie or something. When do you have to work tomorrow? Or do you have Uni? I don’t want us to keep you out too late so that you are too tired tomorrow.” As soon as the questions leave his mouth he is embarrassed, those aren't really normal questions to ask. He is too used to being a leader and organizing 6 idiots. Sometimes it slips through even with other people. But his embarrassment comes too soon, as she is smiling fondly, her eyes sparkling in the low pub lighting, as she answers: “Aw, you’re cute! But no need to be concerned, I am not working tomorrow and it’s a work-from-home period at Uni at the moment so I will be fine. So I can stay out all night and it should be chill. So, what do you wanna drink?” 

She is all smiles for the rest of the time they spend at the pub, talking about everything and anything. Their love for music, which books they like and where they wanna travel... Talking about the Bon Voyage Trip to Malta, she suddenly interrupts him, excitedly hitting his arm: “Listen! It’s your song! I asked them to put it on and they finally did!” She turns to the bartender, giving him a huge grin and a double thumbs up, while Namjoon sits in stunned silence, in awe of her adorable excitement, as he hears “everythinggoes” playing on the speakers. He takes out his phone and takes a short video, making sure the song is audible as much as possible, to show to his brothers. Then he takes a short video of her jamming to the song, mouthing the words, to keep as a memory for himself. Even if he is only here for a week, she will stay with him. 
“Oh, can you sing it a little for me?” she suddenly blurts out, stopping his heart. Singing like this? On stage he has the other members by his side, and the specific situation of a concert to keep his mind busy, but to sing one of RM’s songs as Namjoon, to a girl he likes? …..
She sees his face drop and starts giving him puppy eyes: “Come on, pleeease?? When will I ever get the chance again to get a private performance by one of my favourite artists!” She suddenly slips into his side of the booth, next to him, and leans in close: “Please, Nam. Just a little bit. Just for me, nobody else will hear.” He can smell the drink on her breath, her perfume, her. And he smiles. And nods. And starts humming along until he softly sings a few of the lines into her ear, the girl practically vibrating with glee as she grabs his hand, squeezing it. 

Their faces are close.
Really close.
Both of them suddenly aware of it, their eyes lock, a silent inquiry.
                        ~is this where this is going ?~

Before either can make a move, a voice calls for y/n. She whips her head around, already smiling. She waves at a girl who just came through the door, squeezing his hand before she gets up to hug and greet her friend. “Emma! You actually made it, only half an hour after you said you would be here! I am impressed!” Y/n laughs, turning to Namjoon, her arm around her friend’s waist: “So, Namjoon, this is Emma, the platonic love of my life. And Emma, this is Namjoon. He is from Korea, he is in town for a week and we clicked when we were talking about music. He is nice, he will take us to meet his friends and have a houseparty or some kind of get together at their place. Now let’s change I wanna get going.” Y/n hurries through the introduction, as she has obviously already told her friend about him, or Emma wouldn’t have come. The friend doesn’t seem to know about RM or BTS though, which is a relief. 
As he shakes Emma’s hand, he laughs, noticing that she is wearing the exact same sweater as y/n. “You guys should definitely show these to the guys, after a few drinks I think they would love it. *Seduce and destroy* and they’re matching sweaters too!” They grin, y/n answering: “Oh yea, we thought they were hilarious so we had to get them both. Just tell me when you think it’s appropriate for us to bust these bad boys out and we will wow all your friends.” She laughs, shortly after excusing herself and her friend to go change. 

While left alone for a bit, Namjoon again checks on the guys, quickly sending them an update and checking which bus to take to get to the apartment. Laughing at a picture of obviously drunk Jimin trying to kiss a very giggly looking Tae, a hand squeezes his shoulder, and as he looks up he finds y/n there, her friend nowhere to be seen. She is now wearing an some vintage band t-shirt, the sleeves cut off in a manner that leaves more of a tank top than a shirt, her bra peeking through when she moves, and he can’t help but feel so outrageously lucky he went into that record store. 
Noticing his gaze, the girl grabs his hand and pulls him up. 

So close to her again. 

This time the answer is clear. Yes, this is where this is going. 

This time he makes the move, his hand on her waist, his head leaning forward, moving in to kiss her. 

And just like last time, they’re interrupted. 

“Let’s go, guys! I had like 2 ciders on the way here so I am almost ready to party with a load of strangers.” 

He forces out a breath, turning around to face Emma coming towards them, dressed all in tight black clothes and looking for something in her handbag. She didn’t even notice what she was interrupting.

Doesn’t make it less annoying. 
Behind him he hears y/n giggling, her hand in his he can feel her leaning into his back, whispering in to his ear “Maybe someday it’ll work out, huh?”