ᛜ the member list of the guild hiraeth

ᛟ HIRAETH (apply open!)
Please log in to read the full chapter
You're from where? You're from where?

20 August 2019 - 2 Application
I got more than one application? Bless. (Thank you, jeuel!) Sorry for taking so long on the review, but I hope you enjoyed the snippet I came up with! Eleven days left until the deadline! Hope to see more apps in the meantime. For those not applying but are subscribed, I hope you'll be entertained by the story anyways.

09 August 2019 - 1 Application
Got my first application! (Thanks, Maggie!) A reminder for, well, anyone that is reading this that applications are due in less than a month - approximately three weeks. Extensions can be requested as the deadline gets closer. I know the application is a lot of work but as long as the details are within the rules of the world I made, I'm just going to use the character so.

04 July 2019 - 0 Applications
Welcome to the lovely review page that I made in like two hours because I realized I should probably have one. (I know. All the pages so far look the same. The actual chapters will look different.) I'll put updates and a review count up here. Mostly because I dont' know what else to put up here. If anyone has any category suggestions (like gender or something) they'd like, let me know. Happy July 4th!

Eir & Idun
are part of Hiraeth.

This will be what a general review will look like. Names will
be linked to the application and the fragment under the name
indicates the status of the applicant.

Chosen: part of Hiraeth
Accepted: on Midgard
Pending: summon-reincarnated (or some form of sr)
Rejected: not summon-reincarnated

I'll start with a traditional review of the overall application -
things I liked, am confused about, want to know more about, etc.
I'll also mark important things to change / develop. I prefer when changes are made directly onto the application and then you let me know they're done in the comments below, just so I have all the character information in one place.

After the divider, I'll write a short thing for the character, content depending on whatever inspired me from your application. Let me know whatever things I get wrong about your character in this mini test run so that I get your character right when the story starts!

Sunlight filters through the windows, the common room as loud as it is bright.

"Don't you dare, Id-"

"I'm never taking another slime subjugation again-"

"Food is the greatest invention ever, and-"

Eir spares a glance upward from her book, eyes fluttering over the different Hiraeth members. There's a trail of slime from the door - and outside, she assumes - towards the stairs and faint stains from explosions, carvings, and other markings underfoot.

By the window, four of the members are deep in
conversation while another two are arguing while walking
down the hall. The familiar chill of Idun's presence is just
ahead of the duo, only a few seconds passing before there
is a frightened scream and, following, Idun's amused giggles.

Eir turns back to her book without batting an eyelash.

Outside or in another room, there's an indignant squawk
followed by screeching from multiple sources.

Glass breaks somewhere, followed by a loud and
unconfident, "I'm ok! And it's alright! I swear!"

Idun's ghost-like presence floats outside followed by more laughter and screaming.

The door slams open.

"You guys! You won't believe it! There's a really big lizard outside that's shooting lightning!"

Eir turns a page.

Just another day in Hiraeth.

Aria
is part of Hiraeth.

First off, thank you for applying. I was wondering if I'd even get a single application by the deadline. (insert sad and happy emoticons here.) I suppose I'll jump right into the review. Please make the underlined changes / clarifications on the app itself. (Also, here is my advanced apology if I come off as a strict / mean reviewer.)

Nice rune choice first off! All your basics are in good order. Lucky Aria for reincarnating into the same age and gender though. (Some others weren't so lucky aka Eir and Idun.) I think the phrase you're looking for in personality is literally "loyal to a fault." As a heads up, some of your bullet points in likes aren't on a new line (which you
don't actually have to do anything about, but I thought I'd let you
know anyways). The words of wisdom are hilarious. Sounds
like Aria is a shoe girl. (insert laughing emoticon here.)

Moving onto the background, I didn't actually know the
Rothschild family, but the more you know! I love how
realistic Alicia is. Like, a child who just moved? Misses her
old place and the heating. Goes to college in CA? Loves the
weather and accepts the crazy people. Gets magically
reincarnated into another world? Freaks out and looks for ways to earn money. Yes. This child is, like, my spiri child. Also, not going to lie but the letter about "keeping an eye on [her]" was creepy. I'm assuming the letter sender was Jasper, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I appreciate how Jasper is literally the prime example of Aria's loyalty to a fault. Here is a well-known thief who picked your pocket. What do you do? Answer: form a guild with him and your bestie. Not going to lie. The chaos Jasper will cause in Hiraeth . . . I'm sure he and Idun will either get along really well or hate each other's guts. Also, I just imagine other people's reactions to Aria will be hilarious, simply because here's a scary person who's powerful and yet she's always hanging around Hiraeth even though technically she doesn't have to be (because she is secretly a lonely child). Anyways, other than that clarifying detail, background checks out.

Based on how you worded her clothes, it sounds like her dress is fireproof? Can you confirm? Also, yes, pockets because useful like I wish I had dresses with pockets. I love her logica by the way, because it's simple yet highly useful. So, onto the lovely blessings. So, are you saying Loki turned the mechanical ram spirit into her summonable fighter helper thing? I think it was just a little confusing the way it was worded. Also, the AA does not punish you for all failures of missions, especially if it's due to lack of firepower. It'd be more along the lines of if you took the job and never showed up. Since Aria obviously tried, it's more likely that the job was harder than expected, so she wouldn't be held responsible for it. (Loki can still take pity on her and bless her though.) About your blessing from Thor, passive blessings cannot be turned off. Although the fact that it is only relevant in battle is fine, the general nature of the blessing makes it sound like all of her battle attacks would have thunder imbued in them. Here are two suggestions I have for changing it so that it fits in the blessing rules:
1. Turn it into an active blessing so that she can turn it on or off in battle.
2. Make it into a passive blessing that is along the lines of an increased affinity for thunder such that her thunder magic and thunder storms (since her first active blessing is creating elemental storms, not just fire storms) is extra strong.
If you have other ways to change it, go ahead, but those were the first two that popped into my head that kept your battle-thunder. (The other possible idea is that she can't turn it off and the image of her with the electrified fire and regular thunder is how she looks all the time in battle with storms and her ram helper now.) I realize this belatedly but can mechanical ram get an official title or name? I've just been calling him a helper, but I feel kind of bad. One final thing is, can you write the incantations for all of the active blessings in the blessings section? (It helps me centralize all the information.) Well, that's it for this section!

So for the interview, you started replacing [Name] with Aria and then stopped? I got thrown for a second there. Aria's so casual. It's hilarious. Your relationship with Elisa is so sweet, and Jasper kind of reminds me of the sly bad boy type (but not like a real bad boy who does abusive things but like the one who secretly picks up cats in the rain kind of bad boy - but in a more joker kind of way). Love it. And yes, of course, there's time to make friends with Eir! Honestly, Eir might be the one who Aria talks to most given how everyone else is probably scared of her. (And Idun is literally just a mystery in every way. I swear her app will get done eventually!)

Overall, loved Aria. Just make sure to clarify the confirmations and modify the blessings section both on the app please.

She stares out the window, leaning against the back of the couch and pressing one hand against her cheek.

"You know, you could just visit," a familiar voice reminds, sounding more amused than anything.

"Visit where?" she shoots back, familiar with the banter. She turns to Elisa and her mission report - only half filled out.

"I'm just saying. A little drizzle isn't going to stop you from being lonely," Elisa reminds as she continues to write.

As if on cue, an explosion rings out from their neighboring guild's headquarters. Aria, half by instinct and half by habit, ducks just as the glass window shatters. A figure crashes against the opposite wall with a pitiful groan.

"Or them from being wild," Elisa adds as if they hadn't just lost a wall and window from Hiraeth's chaos.

Aria sighs lightly and leans further into her spot in the couch, waiting. The light drizzle doesn't reach far enough in for much else than a fine mist to cover the room, but it leaves behind a pleasant bite of chill that makes he

Please log in to read the full chapter