ᛜ everything you need to be summon-reincarnated

ᛟ HIRAETH (apply open!)
Please log in to read the full chapter
Welcome to Midgard... Welcome to Midgard...

The Secret Origin of Hiraeth
(as summarized by Hiraeth)

One late afternoon, a group of completely normal, average humans ("Yeah, right!" someone snorts in the background.) end up in a large, deadly car accident and wake up in an entirely different world with fantastical outfits, creatures, and new bodies for some. Guided by a kind stranger, the group journeys to the nearest temple where their souls are then temporarily summoned by the Gods and Goddesses who explain the situation.

They were all, as it turns out, accidentally summoned. Some of them hadn't died - though the deities weren't exactly sure who had died or fallen into comas - and though the ones who had died were going to be offered a chance for reincarnation into the new world, a clerical mistake combined with overenthusiastic parents led to, well, this. ("Yeah. Thanks a lot, Eir." "Hey! She already apologized! Lay off!") The reincarnation chance, they explain, was to create a link between Earth - a land where no one uses magic - and Midgard - a land where everyone uses magic - to bring magic from Earth to Midgard. (The less said about the transfer, the better.)

Because of their mistakes, the deities give each of the group advantageous gifts - the ability for Allspeak, an initial blessing to shape and utilize magic, an appraisal ability shaped by their understanding - and then unleash them onto Midgard to live their heart's content.

2 years TSPS (time since [the] post-summon-reincarnating), the group has gone their own way, keeping in occasional contact but seeking their own goals. ("You only live twice," is said more often than it should be.) Eir - the female who was the son of the said overenthusiastic parents - decides to make a guild and invites the summoned-reincarnators to join her. (This might, depending on who you ask, have been a big mistake.)

Facts About Reincarnation No One Told Us
(and we would like a refund now, thanks)

1. Loki got to pick our new bodies.
Are you now a different age? Gender? Race? (And by race, I mean having pointy ears and an affinity for light magic you don't remember having-) Do you have fuzzy ears like a cat girl or a lizard tail? Well, you can thank good ol' Loki for that. As it turns out, he decided to maximize our magic-bringing potential without caring about anything else. So changes in your body are to be expected since, apparently, you being a girl increases your magic link with earth by 0.7%. (Or he's just messing with you, which we can't really help you with. Good luck with that.)

2. Loki also chose our new outfits.
So, I'm sure you've tried to change your clothes. For most of you, I'm sure you've also noticed that you can't. You try and pull on another shirt or pair of shoes, but suddenly you're wearing the pair you were summon-reincarnated with and the stuff you were trying to put on is not on your body. What is all of this? For those of you who this doesn't apply to, huzzah. For those of you who parts of it apply to, meh. For those of you who can't change anything at all, well, tough luck. Same explanation for as the body change above. Loki. Why does this happen? The clothes that are for magical efficiency are enchanted to do that. How does this work? No one knows. But it has a permanent equip function so if you're wearing some shirt, it has to be the magical shirt. (PS If you figure out how to overcome this, please please please let us know.)

3. Allspeak only includes speaking.
There are five official languages in Midgard. You can speak all of it. You can't read or write any of it. You can go back to school, or if you don't want to sit in classrooms filled with rowdy children, there's designated transcribers at Adventurers Association, since literacy is not common from adventurers who were born in the countryside. Don't be surprised by a few jokes about it.

4. The adaptive appraisal ability they gave us is the best thing since sliced bread, and you should take advantage of it.
Despite our mini nickname for it, the appraisal ability is "an ability, shaped by the user's personal understanding of their appraising ability, to appraise something." In other words, the amount of data it shows you is based on what you imagine the ability should show you. Maybe your "Recipe" shows you the best ways to cook it as a budding chef-adventurer. Perhaps your desire to write an encyclopedia lets your "Definition" list its different properties. The possibilities are endless! So use it. Seriously. It's probably the best thing the deities have given us. And heads up, you can use it on yourself.
Also, word of warning. You only get one shot to pick-develop it. Yes, it can evolve into a better whatever-appraisal-version-you-use later, but you can only pick the word and, as a result, whatever information is associated once. (For example, "Definition" probably won't show you the best ways to cook it like "Recipe" can.)
(For more information on the appraisal ability with a nice analogy, please reference this page.)

5. Magical item boxes exist. Get one. Totally worth it.
You know in games that magic bag storing everything? Or even a magical space that you carry around by pure magic? They exist. Both the bag and the magic. Get it. Enough said.

6. to be continued...

Guild Application

Turn In

Source Code

Eir + Idun (wip)

Where Everyone Hates Soul

This is probably unprecedented, but I was initially sparked by seeing a fantasy game character image and imagining what magic the character could use. Therefore, I would suggest picking your faceclaim first and picking things for post-summoning-reincarnating after because everything depends on your faceclaim.

This includes: appearance, age, gender, race, and magic. If the chosen image cannot be reasonably interpreted to fit any of the five (of which appearance cannot be interpreted at all), I will not accept your character. Sources for the faceclaim are on the application. If you would like to use a faceclaim from anything outside the sources I give you, please ask first. Thanks for reading, sticking through, and, hopefully, still applying for this!

There's Only One of Me!
(aka the taken faceclaims)

Granblue Fantasy:
Aletheia
Chat Noir
Elta
Jamil
Korwa
Magisa
Mary
Norcel
Rosamia
Shao

SINoALICE:
Gretel

Side Note:
Link for main SINoALICE wiki page has changed to this.

Soul's Side Notes
(aka things about the app I
noted / changed belatedly)

Photos:
top right transparency should be of the form (activated blessing or not) that your character will most be found in

Languages:
include Allspeak-related things here

Functional Fashion:
by removable, I mean that there is no permanent equip function on it

Automatic Gifts:
ignore the Allspeak-related questions and the item box questions

Blessing(s):
if you know / have an idea, feel free to include when, where, why they got the blessing(s) either in this section or in Midgard Overview
include the domain the blessing is from please

The Inspiration Supply Closet
(for when ideas go missing)

Faceclaims:
(Note: Here are faceclaims who I think would be interesting to see in the story. If nothing hits you still, you can hover for some ideas on them. This does not mean I prefer my take to yours. In fact, I'd love to see your own views on the faceclaim. This is all purely to inspire you all.)


Chaos Alice
(Grimms Note)


Feather
(Granblue Fantasy)


Sleeping Beauty
(SINoALICE)


Viceroy
(Granblue Fantasy)

Medusa
(Aurora Legend)


Barawa
(Granblue Fantasy)


Linca
(Atelier)


Rackam
(Granblue Fantasy)


Rita
(Granblue Fantasy)


Selfira
(Granblue Fantasy)


Cain
(Granblue Fantasy)


Erin
(Granblue Fantasy)

Incantations:
(Side Note: These are all very bad. I'm so sorry that you read them.)

"[god(dess)], bless me."

"The power of love will overcome! My love for [god(dess)] is infinite!"

"I shall smite thee!"

"Let my arrow fly true, o god(dess) of the hunt!"

"Victory is the only possible outcome."

Character Roles:

The loner who swears (s)he didn't join Hiraeth but gets dragged on missions anyways.

Playboy / playgirl who seems frivolous but always makes everyone in the guild happy.

Rich CEO who makes lavish donations because otherwise Hiraeth may or may not be broke.

Famous thief who uses his / her stolen money to fund Hiraeth "anonymously" through donations.

Best friends or adopted heir(ess) to some noble family.

Entertainer who has traveled all over Midgard and knows all the big names because they hire him / her.

One of the god(dess)'s go-to persons for missions despite saying last time (and every previous time), "No more!"

Looks like a cinnamon roll but will kill for Hiraeth.

Hiraeth is Inspired by:
(and Author's Resource)

Norse Mythology
main ; sub: 01, 02, 03
(Disclaimer: The description of deities and spirits on this page is compiled, simplified, assumed, and divided for this story only by the author's attempts to making sense. It is not a source for accurate Norse mythology. Also, if you find more Norse figures to be blessed by, please let me know.)

Fantasy game characters
(Disclaimer: I do not own the faceclaims used by the characters.)

Isekai manga

Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko
(The Man Picked Up by the Gods)
(Disclaimer: I got the idea of taking magic from one world to the next from here.)

The Dummy's Guide to the Nine Realms
(for the very confused Summoned-Reincarnator)

Introduction

Remember in school when you heard about Norse mythology? No? How about the Marvel adaptation with Thor and stuff? No? Well, good luck then. Because this entire world is pretty much that crossed with a fantasy game. Apparently, the deities here accidentally went to Earth for a bit, which is why we have their legends, but this is the real Midgard of their domain. Time to regret not paying attention in school!

Nine Realms

Midgard
The land you were summoned to. Originally the world of humans. You'll probably see the other races here, because I guess globalization is a universal phenomenon, but it's still predominantly human. It's a lot like Earth, except, you know, another world. More about it down below.

Asgard
The land the gods and goddesses summoned your soul to temporarily. World of the gods and goddesses. Very shiny. Only possible to soul-visit through praying at the temple a lot and if some god or goddess takes pity on you. Only possible to actually bodily visit if some god or goddess summons you, but usually it's for something you don't want to do so avoid that. The only land with a separate writing system the other races don't know (minus Vanaheim). This writing system is made up of runes and is the basis of all magic within the Nine Realms.

Vanaheim
The other land of gods and goddesses apparently? Another world of gods and goddesses? More green than gold. Same as warnings and writing as Asgard.

Jotunheim
Originally the world of the giants. Unlike comic depiction, pretty nice place actually, except everything is at least triple its normal size. Think wild outdoors but bigger. If you're visiting, careful not to get squashed.

Niflheim
World of ice. Do not go. Nothing lives there. Nothing.

Please log in to read the full chapter