Biscuit for Yul

Only sweets

“Unnie, what’s wrong with Yuri?”

 

Yena turned to the source of the question and saw the frown on Yujin’s face.

 

“Oh, Yuri is just feeling tired. Long day for her. Don’t worry.”

 

The younger girl broke into a smile of relief and regained her puppy energy before stepping foot into the convenience store near their hotel.

 

Grabbing a red shopping basket, the girls began picking their favourite snacks and drinks. 

 

-

 

Beep.

 

Drowsy Yuri stirred slightly against the soft white sheets at the sound of the door opening and the soft flicker of the light along the doorway.

 

Click.

 

The door closed gently and padded footsteps could be heard.

 

Must be Yena Unnie.

 

She had no idea when she fell asleep. The rehearsals for their upcoming fan meeting has knocked her out. Their day started really early around 7am in the morning till 6pm in the evening. The minute she reached their accommodation, she quickly washed up and dived into bed. She didn’t even realised that her roommate was absent.

 

Squinting her eyes, a familiar figure came into view.

 

The left side of the bed dipped slightly from the additional weight. 

 

“Wh-where did you go?”

 

Yuri’s voice croaked a little as turned dry from sleep.

 

“Lawsons”

 

Yuri yawned and nodded against the pillow.

 

“What did you buy?”

 

Rubbing her eyes to adjust to the light in the room before sitting up, hugging her knees under the thick covers while waiting for the other girl to answer.

 

“Cola…mochi ice cream…aloe yogurt…and…Oh, i bought something for you.”

 

“Really?” 

 

Yuri’s ears perked at the news and her cheeks started rising.

 

Yena jumped off the bed excitedly and rummaged through the white plastic bag on the dressing table before returning to the bed with a packet of biscuits in her hand.

 

“Tada~”

 

Tossing the packet gently towards the younger girl, Yena watched the younger girl’s reaction closely.

 

A gasp then a squeal followed, erupting chuckles from the older girl. 

 

“Wahh! This is my favourite!”

 

Yena knew that Yuri had a rough day when she accidentally witness the younger girl having trouble with memorising her Japanese solo song lyrics for their upcoming fan meeting. Yena thought she could cheer Yuri up with her favourite snack but didn't expect Yuri's reaction to be so adorably cute.

 

The sparkles in her eyes and the cute squeals made Yena’s night.

 

Yuri was practically glowing with the brightest smile.

 

The younger girl hugged the packet of biscuits so carefully against her body like it was the most precious thing ever.

 

Yena couldn’t help but secretly hoped that she was the biscuit. 

 

Swiftly taking out her phone and snapping the moment, she wanted to keep this memory forever.

 

Her heart swelled as she scrolled through her camera roll with the pictures she just taken, internally gushing over how babyish Yuri looks.

 

Before she could set one of them as her wallpaper, a pair of arms came around her body and a familiar warmth engulfed hers.

 

Yena snuggled against the hug with a sheepish smile on her face.

 

“Thank you, Unnie. You make my day so much better.” 

 

Yena’s ducky lips curled further along with the sudden confession. 

 

“You’re thankful?”

 

“Mhmm, so thankful.”

 

Well, a night doesn’t really end without teasing Yuri. 

 

“If you’re so thankful…then…aegyeo!”

 

Yena’s reply sparked the start of Yuri’s whines and the night of teasings never end.