Red Tomato

Only sweets

Yuri is always up before Yena.

Today isn't any different either.

The gentle rays of the morning sun softly peek through the duck printed curtains of the shared room, caressing Yuri's cheeks from her deep slumber.

Yuri stirs against her girlfriend's chest, furrows her brows as she opens her eyes slowly to the welcoming of a brand new day. She blinks and rubs her eye, yawning wide with tears forming in her eyes.

With sleep still evident in her eyes, she slowly pulls back from Yena’s loose embrace and sinks her head down onto her pillow.

Turning her head towards Yena with an elbow propping against the soft bedding, Yuri watches her kiddo lover in silence.

Peaceful.

Yena looks peaceful and comfortable in her sleep and Yuri finds that very endearing. The once cheeky face becomes soft and the light snores make Yena so vulnerably cute. The playful ducky in the day transforms into a soft and fluffy one at night. Yuri couldn’t help but to count her blessings even though their first meeting wasn’t exactly ideal. She chuckles silently at that memory and sits up slowly, trying not to make any huge movement before searching for the time. The sheets rustle while she shifts to get a better view of the clock hanging on the wall.

It’s 10.23am.

They had agreed to meet Chaeyeon and Sakura for a quick lunch. Yena needs to wake up soon if they don’t want to be late and Yuri certainly doesn’t like the idea of being late very much. She bites her lip guiltily at the thought of waking her beau up. Yena looks really tired and Yuri doesn't want to interrupt the lovely dream that her girlfriend could be having.

Yuri sighs and weighs her options before getting closer to the sleeping girl. She lifts her hand and some of Yena’s hair out of her pretty face.

 

“Yena...”

 

She uses her left hand and cups her girlfriend’s cheek, adding soft caresses with her thumb and followed by a peck on her favourite lips. 

 

“Honey...”

 

Yena grimaces and opens one eye slowly then the other, squinting at the agonising amount of light before meeting Yuri’s eyes.

Dark brown eyes to light brown eyes.

Yuri always gets lost in those eyes. Those mesmerising shades of brown never fail to comfort her and the mischievous glint in her pupils always put a smile on Yuri’s face. Given the chance, Yuri would stare and study them all day. It might not be a known fact, but Yena’s eyes are definitely on the top of the list of her favourite things about her. If pranking people is a thing for Yena, eye-gazing sure works for Yuri.

It doesn't take long before a shade of pink starts to crawl up to Yuri’s cheeks as she begins to feel highly self-conscious after realising that the other is also staring back at her. It is as though Yena is able to stare right deep into her soul and that feeling is akin to being .

Yuri quickly averts her eyes before she could get any redder and a grin appeared on Yena’s face.

 

“Aigoo…What is this red tomato in front of me…?”

 

Yuri quickly turns and hides her red face against her pillow. The playful ducky chuckles and laughs at her cute girlfriend before ending up yelping after getting pinched at the waist with the courtesy of Jo Yuri.